Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Jul
    SeaWeed

Rumors of our infection have been GREATLY exaggerated!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      02 Jul
    adrok

The more i learn the more i feel i've just scratched the surface....

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      28 Jun
    WiiD

Made it through another day without blowing my god damn brains out.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

BHO vs. Simpson oil: which is better?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stillastudent

stillastudent

Journeyman

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHawai'i

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I know, which is better in what way...

Well, does anyone have any good links to some decent assays? Which contains less solvent residue? Which yields higher cannabinoid profiles, terpene levels, etc.?

Anyone?

Thanks for the feedback.

#2 stillastudent

stillastudent

Journeyman

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHawai'i

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

I'm going to attempt a shameless self-bump here...

#3 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

i use the simpson oil but have never tried the bho for my cancer ..but i would love to hear folks impressions on this topic ..so i to will bump this in hopes of some replys ..

good question and cant wait to read the answers ..
250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#4 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

i cant beleave no one has any opinions on this ..
250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#5 UrbanOrganics

UrbanOrganics

Old hand

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • LocationI like to go places.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

I would like to know as well

#6 spectralmagic

spectralmagic

Old hand

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

OK, I'll take a stab at this...

My initial thoughts are, they are probably quite similar. But I would need data on the solubility of each cannabinoid in butane and the heavier alkanes, and try as I might, I can't find many of the necessary datapoints.

My feeling is that BHO will contain more of the aromatic terpenes, and RSO more of the plant waxes, but I could be wrong. I might also expect RSO to contain a tad more of the heavier cannabinoids (CBD, CBN, and other more obscure ones) because the plant material stays in contact with the solvent longer.

Defending the People's Right to Know since 2000
:smokebowl:

Watching the universe end, one bowl at a time

#7 Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard

Carpal Tunnel

• GlobalModerators
  • 2,963 posts
  • LocationState of being

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

I would have to agree with spectralmagic, I don't do BHO but make a bunch of RSO using alcohol. I usually add a bit of coconut oil into the pot before I add the alcohol, the coconut oil help keep the RSO from becoming too tar like and if you put it in the fridge makes dosing easier.
Self appointed referee of the universe
POI, peace beyond all understanding

#8 stillastudent

stillastudent

Journeyman

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHawai'i

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

i use the simpson oil but have never tried the bho for my cancer ..but i would love to hear folks impressions on this topic ..so i to will bump this in hopes of some replys ..

good question and cant wait to read the answers ..

Would you mind sharing if you've notice any improvement in your cancer in the context of your cannabis treatment?

#9 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

I would not have a problem with sharring but right now I am covering my nephew as well as myself with it ..it takes a lot of weed to make the oil and its not a very easy process either ...the real trouble for me is being able to grow enough weed to make it ..I live inm ny and we are falling behind it seems in our efforts to legalise it ..I also make cookies that I make from butter that I give to a friend with neropathy in his legs and a woman who has ms ..I rread somewere that we should give 10% of our grow away to others in need ..I think I meet that mark but always wish I could do more ..

I hope I did not misunderstand you above..i think I thought you were asking me to share my meds and I have no problem with that as I said but I guess what you wanted to know was this ..sorry if I did..

as far as how its working for me and my cancer my docs at roswell tell me they are starting to see my cancer cells dieing ..so the oils are working ..not as fast as I thought or would have hoped but it is working ..I don't do chemo with it ..my nephew is and I am afraid he may not see the results I am because of it ..altho how do you tell someone whos dieing to not do something like that or to not take treatment as its the only thing they have access to ..I sent him a suringe of oil in the spring ..hes almost done with his chemo ..I told him to hold on to some of the oil till he was finished with the chemo ..I also send him cookies every 2 weeks or so for the sickness he gets from the chemo ..as far as the oil goes , you only need a grain of rice size dab for each treatment ..I use it twice aday now once in the morn and once at nite ..I use a dab of it on my finger by mouth at nite and one in the back door when I shower in the morning..you don't want to forget and stick your finger in your mouth when doing the back door ..lol

what the oil does from what I understand and is evident in my own exsperance is the meds in the oil connect to good cells that attach themselves to the cancer cell and causes them to imploide ..my doctors were very touch and go when I told them how I wanted to treat my cancer ..because we live in a state were its illegal still..but they told me any options I choose they would walk the path with me.but if there was no change after a few weeks they were going to have to try some other methods .my psa numbers have been getting better and they are watching the cells get gobbled up as they say ..its been a learning exsperance for them as much as it has been for me ..I am starting to feel better and even starting to enjoy a bit of life again ..we tend to get very down when we find out we are sick with cancer ..the big c word is not what we want or ever exspect to hear from our docs ..but it is working for me and I no it has worked for others ..

hope this helps ..I no once I am 100% clear of cancer I will be the guy on the roof screaming it out to the world ..telling everyone how this oil and this plant cured me of cancer ..

#10 Blergs

Blergs

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

I wish u and him the best!