Sign in to follow this  
wolfpackblue

My little shed

I have a little shed in my back yard that I want to try and use for my first ever grow. Done lots of reading and note taking from some of the info here at CC. Building is rather small(3'w x 7'L x 5'H at center of "A" roof. 4' at lowest point. Gonna keep it simple and cheap for now...CFL's for light and pot & soil grow.

Will try to post pics, as soon as I learn how to make them work here, so ya'll can offer suggestions and comments on a how things are coming along. Gonna be a weekend project so it might be a slow process.

You are so right OG. Have that in the works right now. Possibly getting some used lights/ballasts from the electrician at my workplace. I see what looks like both MH & HPS bulbs in the shop so a few of them might get borrowed. I'll take them back when they start to get weak so thats just borrowing...right? But Im in expermental stage and CFL's is what I have at the moment.

Its been 30 days since my beans were shipped so I dont think they are gonna make it. It was from a reputable company too so I think they may have gotten sidetracked(if you know what I mean). Tried another company yesterday so maybe it will work out this time. Maybe a little electrical work on shed tommorrow.

Guest White_horse

What seed bank did you order from? ....Was it based in the Us or was it international...? Looks as though someone stole your money; 30 days. Eh..... never happened to me EVER, even from amsterdam airmail. I've used world renowned seed banks & it NEVER takes that long. Someone beat you I believe. Where's this shop now?

What was the seed bank so I know where not to order from. That's fuckin' bullshit right there. It call them & inquire about that shit. If they ain't got a number to recieve a call, order from somewhere else!!!!

Oh they got SIDE tracked alright, right to the damn bank with no product for you, sucks!

I'd call those incompetant bastards about that! & get them to send you 2 orders if they want your business again! Tell them you got lots of friends to TELL! wink

And remember, for your family's safety and security, never show pics of the shed, or anything about the shed, on the internet.

OOOOPS

After thinking about it, you are right OCNORML. Maybe a few inside pics woulda been OK instead of outside. But,yes, security has to be first. Thats why I came here....to learn. And I've just learned a lesson...SECURITY.

Don't worry, the Mods here care a lot for the security of you and your family and have already removed the pics for that purpose. Keep growing, and remember, RULE ONE: Tell No One. It's serious.

Just pulled my first wire into shed off a 15amp circuit. Gonna hook up one light and tonight check and see if I have any light leaking out. Plan to have 3 15amp circuits in there soon.

I must be loosing it...should have caught that right away (the shots of his back yard). Good catch OC, at least you're on the ball !

Guest White_horse

I had a closet grow & maybe you wanna install rolls of R-30 insulation just in case. You gotta be aware as it's no joke growing cannabis. Whatever the dimensions you have for that little shed you could always wrap it back with that crap weed barrier they sell for flower beds & compress the insulation so you have more space to grow. That's an idea. ..Then just lay some mylar over it.

OG, I can make one 20 amps. Just have to get the 20 amp breaker. But 240 is not an option unless I lose a circuit. Why do you suggest a 240? I don't have anything that needs 240 unless I maybe need an A/C unit in summer and would try to use a 120 A/C if posible. If I get rolling soon I'm going to need a little space heater at night because its still dropping down into high 30's some nights.

What do ya'll suggest running on each circuit?

A little progress has been made. I think Im safe to post inside pics. Im waiting on exhaust fan and filter. Will vent it out of the window that I have covered with plywood on the right.

DSCI0009_zps9190d8d9.jpg

DSCI0008_zps55c42d3e.jpg

I have 4 clamp light fixtures that I can lower or raise as needed. Im using 6 23W 6500k bulbs and 2 23W 5000k bulbs for the veg stage. Will switch to the 23W 2700k bulbs during flowering. There are "Y" sockets in each clamp light so I can use 2 bulbs per light fixture.

DSCI0001_zps3879a0fd.jpg

DSCI0006_zps1583f953.jpg

My temps have been good every time Ive checked. The humidity is running a little high most of the time. This reading in the pic was after I had been inside working for several hours(sweating) so it is a little high. As you can see on the meter it has been as high as 73%. Hope the exhaust fan will help get the air flowing and cure this issue.

DSCI0002_zps761a381a.jpg

I added a neon green CFL and switch in case I need to go in during lights out.

DSCI0007_zps08069e09.jpg

Not bad. You may want to rethink how you hang those reflectors; getting them as close to the plants as possible will increase growth rate. To make sure they are not too close, place your hand at the same level as the tops of your plants. If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for the plants - so raise the lights a little, and repeat.

Nice job on the all-white interior.

Is that a thermometer/hygrometer I see ? That also should be placed close to the plant line, otherwise you will be getting falsely elevated temp results (hot air rises.....).

Lights are just in waiting mode at the moment. I have them set up to be able to move as needed.

Couldn't find mylar anywhere around so white was the next best option.

Thanks for the advice on the thermometer/hygrometer. Will move it once I get thigs going.

Im dealing with 4 foot or less head room. The 5 gallon buckets are kind of tall so I'm losing height by using them. Do ya'll think it will be O.K.? Can I use a shorter/wider container of some sort and still have enough room for good rooting growth? Will roots do O.K. running in a more shallow container that doesn't have depth?

OG...thats the air in that you see in the pic. I had to put a 90 degree elbow and pipe it to floor because light was leaking out. The window on the other side,covered with plywood, will eventually be the exhaust. I will surely put duct work in top of shed to pull the heat out. Thanks!

Did I miss it, or are you going to be using those lights for the grow? Oh, and what about summertime temps? Those little sheds can be like a oven in the sun.

GBuds...As of now, this is going to be a CFL lighting grow from start to finish. A mix of 23W 6500k and 23W 5000k for veg and 23W 2700k for flower. This is my first try at this so I hope to improve with lighting and knowledge as we go.

And yes, one of my bigger worries is the summer temps. Ive gotten a later start than I wanted. I am going to try to run lights mostly at night to help that problem a little bit. I am also looking in to getting a portable A/C unit. I might have to insulate the shed as well.Here is a link for the portable A/C that I am talking about. This one doesnt need an exhaust.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KuulAire-Porta...ACKA45/19264155

Put the germinated seeds in the soil Sat. evening. Came home from work today to see 4 baby girls popping their heads out of the dirt. First grow excitement was all over me like a proud poppa...lol. Femenised chocolate skunk seeds. Anybody ever had any experience with these. Heres the link for the info on the beans:

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/00-seeds-chocolate-skunk-feminised-seeds-3607