• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

How many plants per unit area ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Apart from SOGs or SCROGs, how many pots do you fit in your grow room ? I'm curious to find out at what point one more pot is one too many. If you are interested in responding, please tell me the square footage and the size/number of your pots.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Cheers

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#2 duthc

duthc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

96"x 48"x 79" 5 plants 5 gallons pots atm going to 15 next round

#3 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,891 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm going for six five gallon pots in a 2'x3'7" tray. under 600w HPS.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

b8c33551-3d59-4e0f-b455-706233958252_zps

#4 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

i have about a 10 ft by 15 ft ..i run one 1000 watt and i put anywere from 6 to 15 plants at a time , in 31/2 gal pots..most the time i run about 8 budding plants ..altho i keep all new comers to the outer ring of my plants so they stretch more then most like ..but i use all the undergrowth [popcorn ]for cooking..
250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#5 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Depends on the type of lights but for HID's one per lightwink400,600, or 1000's is my technique. Using this rule room size isn't much of a concern.

TODAY!smile

#6 420Saul

420Saul

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

@weedmen - 10'x15ft= 150sqft and you only have 1 (one) 1000W light? Light rail? Temp veg room? What's the deal?

#7 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

i live in a state were its still illegal so i hate to temp fait and push my numbers up any higher... i also always have atleast 15 to 20 seedlings ..i have another 400 watt i could run but i dont sell any weed to pay my bills and were i live electric is real exspensive ..i grow just enough to keep me and mine in meds..i have the other half of that room i use for storage and my vegg area..i could run more lights i have the room just not the money..i am cutting back on the size of room i bud in this summer ..i set this one up in a hurry to keep my meds coming ..
250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#8 my1952HD

my1952HD

Stoner

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hey DB,

My flowering closet is 2' deep by 6' wide for a total of 12 square feet. I grow 10 plants in 5 tubs in this area, using 5" net pots for a total of 1.2 square feet per plant.

For vegetation, I use one 2' long by 1.5' wide tub, located in another room, with six 5" net pot sites for a total of 0.5 square feet per plant. I also have six 1.5' long by 1' wide axillary tubs (1.5 square feet) with two sites each for a total of 0.75 square feet per plant. I use these to produce extra plants needed for flowering as well as to keep mothers of different strains. When keeping mothers, I only use one site on the tub, i.e. 1.5 square feet per mother... 52.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is awesome.

***Censored***

#9 the_dank_one

the_dank_one

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in bullsh*t

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

flower/LWH.
5' x 2' x 6'.7" adjustable.
4-6-10 plants
2-3-5 gal.
veg/LWH
2'x18"x2'/adjustable
1-12 plants
3"-4"-5"-6" starters.
cloning.
8 site dwc. 1.5 gal
2" baskets and neoprene.
flower: air cooled 400w, electronic ballast 2 x 135/145 led ufo's
veg: 6x 26w cfl or 4x cfl 1 x led ufo.
i try and keep them small/med 2-3ft some times 4'. for indoor strains i run more pots and for outdoor/indoor crosses i run less pots.
this way i can just keep harvesting roughly the same ammount per harvest regardless on strain.
also instead of having a light that drops/raises i have table's that i drop instead. the table's are literally 1/4" from the walls on all sides so no light is wasted. i leave the light at the top of the cabs.
I adjust everything accordingly to make sure my buds stay in the target range for useful light. sometimes i have to put a few dvd cases under one or two plants to keep the canopy even.
i use the table because if the light is lowered and room is not packed it reflects back up off the walls and goes everywhere. atleast thats my opinion.laugh
i so could be wrong. but it works for me pretty darn good.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL..SO DO SOME DAMN IT!

#10 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for all the responses so far guys, really appreciate you taking the time to write. I am asking this as the range of plants per unit area seems to be huge, i.e. some growers keep it all tight and close together - basically a SOG, while others prefer to give the girls some breathing room.

Personally I like to give my plants enough room to ensure nothing is overlapping. LST keeps my branches inside the pot's circumference (for the most part) so usually that means I can fit them in rim-to-rim. If I don't tie them back, I'd have room for only half what I can grow using a little string smile

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#11 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

good thread ..its intresting to read what everyone else has for growing space ..funny you can almost picture what some of these grows look like ..i used to grow in a closet under the stairs ..now that was an effert to keep running right .oh it was dwc ..haha..i had a slanted ceiling to deal with and about a 2 ft wide area that was about 6 ft long ..but i used to pack some plants in there ..i had run 10 plants in bud in there at once .2 plants per bucket..i had to ty plants to the walls and ceiling ..lol..i always loved how fast they grew in dwc..but boy what a bitch to change out buckets every 10 days ..haha ..all soil and all organics now ..

#12 Mgee

Mgee

Stoner

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

10'x14' area - 4x 1000W lights - 8-10 Plants max. 1/2 Elbow plants is the usual.
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will then be peace -

#13 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Wow MGee, that's a lot of lumens for such a relatively small area! No wonder you're pumping out so much !!

#14 TheResolution

TheResolution

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have a 5X5 tent with a 1000w. Had 5 indicas in 5 gal pots and that was too crowded... for me....

I got 20zs out of that dry. Think I can do the same or maybe even better with only 4 girls and more attention to detail...