Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seabc

ISO OIL MAKIN WITH SEA

17 posts in this topic

Peace

One of ways I make Oil. Step by Step Video

SeaOfGreen

Great video Sea, stickied. I'll have to get a coffee press. I like the technique.

Thank you for posting this Seabc, simple, easy to follow, just my speed smile

Great vid sea. I have yet to make iso, an this helped a lot.

have a couple french presses in the house..so i will try it out!

This is exactly the vid that taught me how to do it. I to have no press, but it still works fine. Thanx for sharing this with the community, Sea. In fact I made some ISO oil this morning.

Nice..a coffee press...hmmm...guess Im going to have to buy one. I use a rice cooker to cook off the iso, it works really well because it turns itself down once the iso is removed but I have never tried the dbl boiler techmique.

Thanks sea

JoseQuervo, this post is from 2012 and we migrated to a new system, a lot of the older links didn't make it through the upgrade.

Works fine for me too, btw great video and technique Sea! Also like the use of the coffee press.

thanks sea ..another great iso recipe ..love the press and dbl boiler idea..keep this one to try next ..

I watched again and have noticed a few things. Firstly I am a lazy guy so  just remember that. I noticed you filter between washes, then use the iso again on the second batch. You should be able to drop any filtering until the final wash and save considerable time and labour. Also if you actually press the iso out of the product you will have a greater return of finished product.

Using a ricer to press the extra iso out will not change color or taste if you have not soaked for too long.

Love the technique.

SG

I still use quart sealers for weed/iso. I dump that shit into my bubble bags for the first filtering, 220 and the 25 micron and then coffee filter that. Last run I reran the iso 3 times. I use a square halogen 300 watt light as my heat source , clamped in a vice and a square pyrex dish to cook it in.....filled a nice 5 gram vial.

There is a growing method of using small batches of ISO ran over small amounts like say 3.5 grams. Lay buds directly on filter sitting in a strainer and pour over. No pressing, no squeezing, that produces higher purity results. Squeezing the buds adds more contamination to the final product similar in concept to not "squeezing the tea bag". I've only just tried this method but pour over does give a better product. Allow the used buds to dry and use for cooking.

What you call contaminants I call medicine. Washing your bud as you mention will result in a very nice product indeed, but has little medicinal effects (other than a sleep aid)lol

Washing in Ice Cold iso for less than a couple of minutes will result in a full pull of the thrichs on the surface and a press will release other cannabinoids and crucial elements in creating meds for issues like cancer and other major issues.

My oil is not green and I press all my product. It comes down to what you are going to use the product for.

Smokers want it pure...

Patients need it pressed...

IMO

SG