Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Hemp Plastic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ferroto Baggins

Ferroto Baggins

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm looking to start up a company that sells hemp plastic pellets for industrial use. However I cannot find any information on the process for produceing plastic from hemp.
Art of War
By:Sun-Tzu

#2 YouMadBro?

YouMadBro?

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFruitopia

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

You need to look at the question generally, not plant specific. How are plant oil based plastics produced, then tweak it for the hemp oil you plan to use in laboratory.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Bioplastic

#3 YouMadBro?

YouMadBro?

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFruitopia

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hemp_plastic

#4 Headband707

Headband707

Journeyman

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

I like the new Wikiweed link sweeeet lol headband 707

#5 DdC

DdC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,892 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast Cannafornia

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hemplastic or Fossil Fools Crud

Hydrocarbons vs Carbohydrates:
The Future of Plastics
hempfarm
Vegetable matter and minerals have competed with each other to become the dominant industrial input for almost 200 years. For the first 150 years, significant advances occurred in the use of both types of material. Then, for a quarter of a century after World War II, hydrocarbons took over almost completely but since the 1980s, carbohydrate-derived industrial products have been sweeping back as a result of technological and political developments.

Welcome to Hemp Plastic

Stanford, IBM getting closer to 'green' plastic

Hemp Plastics
hemphasis.net
The basic building block of plastics is cellulose taken from petroleum, but toxic petrochemical compositions are not the only way to derive plastics. Plastics can be derived from plant cellulose, and since hemp is the greatest cellulose producer on Earth (hemp hurds can be 85% cellulose), it only makes sense to make non-toxic, biodegradable plastic from hemp and other organics,

Hemp Plastic google

What Is Hemp Plastic? hempplastic
An affordable bio based natural fibre composite to replace oil based raw materials.
Designed in Europe over 15 years and now produced in China, Hemp Plastics compete with engineering compounds in properties such as stiffness and high heat tolerance (HDT). Both biodegradable and recyclable blends address global policies for CO2 reduction and oil dependence. Hemp plastics are not made from hemp oil or hemp seeds, but from the stalk.

Hemp Plastic hempowered

Henry Ford was fond of saying, "Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down if we can get the equivalent of forests and mineral products from the annual growth of the fields?"

George Washington Carver had a response: "I believe that the great Creator has put ores and oil on this earth to give us a breathing spell. As we exhaust our finite resources, we must be prepared to fall back on our farms, which is Gods true storehouse and can never be exhausted. We can learn to synthesize material for every human need from things that grow."

That "breathing spell" ended 60 years ago when Henry Ford built his car. Since then, we have cut down half of the worlds forests, a primary source of clean air. Only 3 percent of the U.S. original forests still remain. Much of Australia's old-growth forests are being cut down for wood chips. If we dont start using hemp to help build our societies, what will we use?

Biodegradable Hemp Plastic raw material pellets for injection moulding may be found at hempplastic.com

The Hemp Plastics Industry book
Learn detailed information about the hemp plastics industry

If you want to be the first to learn about new products - join the free HEMP BLOG. This is where we first announced products such as Hemp Plastic Surf Fins and eco iPhone cases made from plants!

#6 blueberrychronic

blueberrychronic

Garden stoner

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

It must be catching on . I have never seen so much hemp grown here before.
Farmers here see a good thing and have made changes to their production schedules to reflect it . Driving around the countryside this summer it was easy
To find fields of it growing. You can make more off of hemp than canola and it is way easier to grow . After this years big wind storms in sept destroyed the canola crops here , the hemp fields looked like they were unharmed. The farmers also can wait and combine it late in the season when the ground is frozen .
I also noticed that it was not affected by the heavy rains as bad as other crops
Grown here.