Itsme420

Cleaning hand pipes

Just mix, cover the bowl and carb or however and poor in. Also you can toss it all into a zip loc and shake it up. The salt or rice acts as an abrasive and the alcohol softens the residue. Afterwards rinse with hot water.

Yes I use 99% rubbing alcohol in my pipes and smoke devices. Put a few ounces of rubbing alcohol and add some sugar, or salt to act as an abrasive, then cover all open holes and shake the living daylights out of the pipe. Rinse well with cold water and then......blaze. Works every time (:

only thing is make sure to rinse off that alcohol good and do not leave it to soak because the coating on your glass can turn toxic if left like that.

I just rinse with warm/hot water while pouring and shaking alcohol & salt through it. 10 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Just mix, cover the bowl and carb or however and poor in. Also you can toss it all into a zip loc and shake it up. The salt or rice acts as an abrasive and the alcohol softens the residue. Afterwards rinse with hot water.

I do what O says, and I make sure it's rinsed real well. I'll rinse for a solid 5 minutes to make sure no alcohol sticks around to impart any taste or smell.

only thing is make sure to rinse off that alcohol good and do not leave it to soak because the coating on your glass can turn toxic if left like that.

Um, unless the glass is porous, soaking in alcohol will have no affect other than removing gunk.

• Upvote 1

well mine is a super thick glass, personally made, but has colored art inside the glass. (i got a thread on it lmao) I remember dude sayin it had a coat on it and not to let alcohol sit on it for a long time and he told me about the making of it.

Just satyin to be on the safe side to not let it sit, not all glass has that coating of course, especially not the cheap stuff, but better safe than dead.

Cheers! bong

Ive heard of some people actually putting it in a pot with water and boiling it. But like everyone says just use atleast 90% alcohol with kosher salt. Kosher salt is more ridgid so it scrubs better. Then rinse with hot water for a good 3+ minutes, the longer the better.

And hey you stole my avatar! Hah

• Upvote 1

Only thing I do differently is submerge the ziplock bag with solution Ohio suggested, in hot water from the tap. This heats the iso/salt solution to hasten the cleaning and seems to breakdown the bigger clumps o' resin.

I just rinse with warm/hot water while pouring and shaking alcohol & salt through it. 10 minutes.

Hey Im new here but had to sign up to answer this because it made me laugh! Thats simply not true sorry! Like every one else said just use iso 99% and salt, seriously it is like magic for yor bong

Originally Posted By: ineffable420

Hey Im new here but had to sign up to answer this because it made me laugh! Thats simply not true sorry! Like every one else said just use iso 99% and salt, seriously it is like magic for yor bong

So your saying that rinsing is not needed

You live in New England? Tell me. Have you ever had water leak through the middle (not from the seals) of an unbroken piece of glass? Even in a hurricane? Glass is non-porous. It can leave a residue which comes off with a rinse.

Like anything... KOSHER or SEA SALT or UNCOOKED RICE and 90%+ RUBBING ALCOHOL. Works on any smoking device.

Nice tip! I was buying cleaner at the head shop like a sucker. Gonna clean my bong right now!

IF you are all about organic approaches (or otherwise do not have or want to use ISO) apple cider vinegar and rice also works for cleaning smile

Also a good tip. Thanks. smile

You live in New England?

Yes I am Go to school in NH live in MA. I am still a bit skeptical about using rubbing alcohol. I have also heard you can boil your bowls and that works

Why are you skeptical? Are you planning on playing with fire while using the rubbing alcohol?? It's a very easy procedure, add rubbing alcohol to glassware, agitate, shake do whatever, drain, rinse and get high. The skepticism is unnecessary.

On 6/10/2012 at 4:49 PM, slartibartfast said:

i use concentrated orange oil, extracted from orange peels...first i soften the gunk in the pipe with a hot water rinse, drain, add 50 mls oil and shake it around for 30-60 seconds, then another hot water rinse

it's non-toxic and smells great

website

Never thought of that one, but if you had nice tasting weed it would be a shame to taint it with something else