Joans

Some of my other hobbies

Ok guys I have several other hobbies, biggest is fishing, I fish all year long including on the ice (which is a blast), during the warmer months I have a pepper garden, I have a thing for near lethal foods, I grow usually Habanero's. Jalapeno's, and Seranero's.

Now differcult part is finding photos without my face in it.

PB020587.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here is a couple more.

PA070526.jpg

P9180485.jpg

Don't ask how I fit the fish into my net it just happened

P6100393.jpg

I can't seem to find pictures of my garden, may check the camera later.

Here is just how I travel its cheap, good for you, and great for enviroment

P5190121.jpg

• Upvote 1

i think a lot of folks on here have the same kinds of hobbys ..nice trout ..the carp are just fun to catch arnt they ..we have a place were you can catch them all day with a can of corn or a dough ball..

i to love to ride my bike ..nothing better then a nice long ride with the music pounding out of the ipod..

we have had a blite here the last few yrs so my garden hasnt been very productive..moving it to a new area of the yrd this yr tho ..fingers crossed and i might end up with some tomatoes ..haha

• Upvote 2

Yeah I may move my jalapeno's this year, there is vine that almost killed it last year only got 5 fruit off it, compared to the several dozen off the others, still got em in my fridge got way to much salsa and hot sauce to make, I personally like to keep tomatoes in partial sun, and keep my peppers in direct sun, I grow cherry tomatoes cause they are nice and sweet and go good with salsa.

I have several spots to catch carp like that as well, I live in a rural community so I can get cheap maize (field corn) I believe about 10 bucks for 90 lbs, and doughballs are always great, I don't drive so I ride my bike everywhere, blasting music in my ipod as well, that picture is about 16 km trip one way, did 50 kms one day this past summer was a blast, and the fishing was amazing.

• Upvote 1

We are gonna get along very well, i love fishing, cycling and rooting. Nice photo's love the deck chair shot but where is the cracked cold beer?

Welcome to the forums btw, i have a greeting page of my own on here somewhere..

• Upvote 1

I drank that before I took the pictures, and it seems we are going to get a long quite well, my intro page is somewhere around here, must be hiding with the rest my brain

• Upvote 1

Nice shots. Good size perch also.

I like taking my kids to catch some monster carp...what a fight.

Welcome to CC.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate your patience for fishing.

I love eating fish.

Sitting on a boat waiting for a fish that may never come... shits meto no end.

Usually I just get super drunk.

Drums on  the other hand, I could play for hours!

• Upvote 1

I like remote control everything.....lately drones...and not the cheap ones :)

• Upvote 2

Fishing has been my thing since my dad's dad took me out when I was 3.

I still take his old fly rod out every spring and nail a trout in his name and I'm 62 now.

Taught myself to tie flies and build rods and when I joined a fly-fishing club in Abbotsford, BC in '82 got confirmation that what I made was as good as anything those old farts have ever seen.  My tiny emerger flies were a big hit on raffle night.  At less than 1/30nd of an inch long most of those guys could barely see them.  I'm one of those guys now! :D

I rarely fish now up here in northern Alberta but when I do I put a big salmon-trolling fly on my home-built 10' Powell 9-10wt fly rod and go nail me some 40" pike. :)  With the shooting head I can still lay out 150' of line if my vinyl backing line doesn't snag on something like it wants to do. :)

:peace:

• Upvote 1

Here is the Hubsan H501S Drone(GPS) that I ordered for Xmas! Very excited to take this thing to the limit. I plan to do the range/altitude mod to the transmitter that will allow me to fly the drone up to 2300 meters away....that's 1.42 miles!!!!! :)Check the video out below, the drone actually gets attacked by a swarm of wasps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3WW2d0n3c

Edited by Shaughnny
  • Upvote 2

My drone arrived so quickly I wasn't expecting it at least for another week or two. Ordered from China and was at my house in 7 days I think...and only paid $10 shipping :)

It is an Xmas gift.. so I am not allowing myself to play with it till Xmas but I did unbox it to be sure all was intact etc.

PB220400.jpg

PB220392.jpg

PB220396.jpg

PB220398.jpg

Seen a few cool vids on youtube of this drone in action...check this one out, the guy pushes it to the max at 4,500 feet straight up!

and this one is great too, it's a "Range and return to home" video.

The last one has really clear video and is a 1KM range test on an all stock H501S.

Can't wait to fly this thing! :bong:

Edited by Shaughnny
  • Upvote 1

So I still have not had an opportunity to fly my new drone.... old man winter is unrelenting so I will need to wait for better weather. However I did get a carry case for Xmas from my parents to go with the drone :) Fits perfectly. Come on summer!! I need you to hurry the bleep up!

drone.jpg

inside.jpg

case.jpg