Guest UnnamedGrower

How to prepare a mono tub for P. Cubensis

Hey,

Have a few more questions if you don't mind. First is that perlite under the garbage bag in the bottom of the mono tub pictures at the begining? Or does the garbage bag just go on the bottom? Also I'm thinking of using a compost. When you mention to cover spawn to prevent trich if I was using compost should I just save some excess compost and cover the top so no spawn shows after everything is mixed or do you use vermiculite over the top or a special casing layer etc? Thanks for all the help man appreciate everything.

Guest UnnamedGrower

No there is no perlite in a monotub. The substrate will provide the RH needed to maintain a high enough level for fruiting. Save some extra compost and cover up all the grain. Dont case cubes its a waste of time and its adding another step to your grow which adds another chance for a contam to enter your project

Hey man. I know this is an old thread but I have a couple questions if you wouldn't mind answering. So when you say you only spray every 12-16 hours is that it? Because I've heard you want to do it more often. And if so do you keep doing this throughout the whole fruiting process?

Hey Guest Unknown Grower! I'm so excited to find your post, I just read zee first few lines and had to ask you: Are you still around in case I need to ask you questions?

This is an amazing gift for everyone into experimenting. YOU ROCK BUDDY!

In case you're still not around, I just wanted to thank you for this amazing post!

OK, now I'm signing off to read it all! And then re-read it as many times as I need to until know it off by heart so I can get growing my own shrooms! I live in BC but am too busy to go out and pick my own!

THANK YOU AGAIN, UNKNOWN GROWER!

Excellent job for growing those shrooms. Wonder which one is harder to grow, a pot plant or a shroom? 

On 11/8/2018 at 5:56 PM, donald soolar said:

Excellent job for growing those shrooms. Wonder which one is harder to grow, a pot plant or a shroom?

Hey Donald! Just by reading UnnamedGrower's detailed description, my vote would be it's MUCH more difficult to grow shrooms then Pot. I'm worried about that guy though. He made that one brilliant, lengthy, detailed post and then carefully answered a bunch of people's questions in great detail and then disappeared! He mentioned he was a "Commercial" shroom grower so I hope he didn't get busted!  What I really liked about his shroom guide was he mentioned you CAN grow in horse shit and we got plenty of that!  We got 8 Heavy Horses and ride 'em to zee coast to go surfing and plow our veggie gardens in zee summer. We got a non-stop year-round harvest of Pot and with 5000 plants growing at any one  time in our greenhouses and winter mine shaft, so that's a lot of stalk and stems to get rid of. But our horses do the job of eating em all up! We love our horses and they're powerful fuckers! When we go surfing they pull our surf boards in a special wagon we made like nothin!

So back to your question, for me anyway shrooms would be much more difficult to grow. Pot for me is easy cause I've been growing it for so long. That's why shrooms are looking like an exciting challenge for me. Zee other thing I loved about UnnamedGrower's shroom guide is he's not as hung up about constant sterilization every step of zee way like all zee other shroom guides I've read and seen on YouTube. There's just one stage where he thinks its really important. Zee only thing about pot that I'm a total clutz at is cloning. We've never cloned and have always started from seed, but now cloning is my "last frontier" when it comes to Pot. I figure all zee licensed legal growers clone, so I should know how too. They can do millions of clones no problem while getting two to root is a big deal for me in our experimental basement grow.

The UnnamedGrower is a genius and I bet he'd have no trouble learning how to clone. He's so smart, it's hard for me to think he'd ever let himself get busted. When our secret operation got so big here, zee first thing we did was hire hand-trimmers. We found a few old timer Vietnam draft dodgers to help us out. But we caught them ripping us off...and that's even after we'd paid them $50 an hour and let them take a pound home when they were done for zee season! We had to get rid of them because we figured if they'd steal from us, they'd probably RAT on us too! That was easy cause we'd drive 'em up here blindfolded and they live up here not knowing where they were and when we decided to automate our trimming we brought em back down to Vancouver blindfolded like usual for a break like usual but never brought em back! But auto-trimmers back then sucked. And most still suck! We just didn't trust our hand-trimmers any more so we were stuck using these expensive things. Zee first time we got our Buds lab-tested for potency we noticed a big drop in THC levels compared to what they were with Hand-trimming. But there was no way we were gonna risk being busted from dishonest hand-trimmers ratting us out, so we were stuck with these machines. We tried 'em all too and these big expensive bladed machines we bought were able to trim Bud that looked hand-trimmed but zee blades were like resin magnets and tons of our precious resin was just sticking to these stupid blades! And you couldn't get i t back after cleaning zee blades either! We figured though that if all the other big growers were using these machines our Buds wouldn't be any noticeably different in potency then their's.

So it was a big deal, and I mean a really big fucking DEAL when I found zee first automated trimming machine almost 5 years ago now that didn't use blades! It was called a Tom's Tumble Trimmer and after getting our Buds tested using it to trim we found our resin % and potency had bounced back up to zee way it was when we used to hand trim! We couldn't believe it! At first we figured it was just zee fact that this thing didn't use blades to trim but tumbled zee dry Buds. But zee more we used it, and it consistently brought back high levels after testing, we started to notice something else: zee damn thing didn't need any maintenance or cleaning! With zee bladed machines we were always having to stop everything and take a whole day to clean these fuckers! And zee more we cleaned them zee MORE they'd jam up! But not with Tom's Tumble Trimmers! That was because I discovered nothing good--all our precious resins and tri's never stuck to zee mesh that tumbled and trimmed zee dry Buds! I don't even think  he knew it either cause he never advertised that fact. Well, now we got 5 of these things and they all work just like brand new like our first one we bought almost 5 years ago. Just recently I had zee idea to take this mesh to one of our labs and see if they could tell why nothing stuck to it. Zee first they discovered was that it was in fact patented, so Tom must have known what the fuck he was doing. Our lab told us that zee mesh was actually made of high-grade food grade material and it worked just like Teflon WITHOUT Teflon's toxic residual effects. I got really excited about that! We've always prided ourselves on growing zee Best Buds anywhere cause we're totally organic. Now we've found that our Tom's Tumble Trimmers are even "organic" cause zee secret patented mesh material is food-grade safe! Zee REAL KILLER is that our Tom's Tumble Trimmers trim just a perfect as hand-trimming and are just as fast as all zee expensive inferior bladed machines, they never break down or need cleaning and cost a fraction of the cost. We bought 5 for zee price of one of the pieces of garbage we used to buy!

So yeah, growing shrooms may be harder to accomplish, but zee way zee UnnamedGrower teaches in his brilliant posts, I bet when I eventually get around to trying it, it'll go just as fast and easy as trimming with a TTT!  So hey UnnamedGrower! I hope you're safe and sound and free and still growing your awesome shrooms and I'd wish you'd let us all know you're not in jail...or expecting to land in there anytime soon!