Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      06 Sep
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

I made a step, acquired a label, gained knowledge and once again the yawning chasm of another step approaches. I still have far to go. How do you win when you have a fraction of the strength of others?

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Photo

Extracting Oil from fresh pot leaf

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 smoke_momma

smoke_momma

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi guys;
I have a small plant growing at home on the window, I'm keeping her short and bushy(she's beautiful!) I want to know how i can extract the oil from the fresh leaves, I would like to use the oil in an electronic cigarette that burns flavored oils... I've read and heard how dangerous it can be to extract this oil...is there any way i can safely extract small amounts of oil at home on the stove??? ...School me people...!

#2 smokum

smokum

Old hand

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationCannaDuh

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

Welcome.....

You've posted in the wrong sub forum.

There have been posts about this in this sub: http://forums.cannab...Board=17&page=1 although for it to work you'd need some very expensive lab equipment.

Just trying to make basic oil will not work as 1) it will distroy your atomizer, and 2) its not worth the hassle for the VERY minor effect you'd get from it in an e-cig.

Personally, I don't care if it never works, as I hate the association of MJ use with e-cigs with the current struggles e-cigs already have with authorities (FDA & Health Canada).

That being said, you obviously are entitled to your own opinion and behaviours.

VapeOn
smokum

SOME people just need a sympathetic pat.......

ON THE HEAD...

WITH A HAMMER !!!

#3 smoke_momma

smoke_momma

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Hey thanks for letting me know, I had no clue as to the damage of the atomizer...so extracting oil is best used for food right...?
I figured it would cut down on smoking paper...oh well...on to the next brilliant idea wink

Thanks again
Smoke_momma

#4 smokum

smokum

Old hand

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationCannaDuh

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

There are different sorts of extraction methods to make concentrates. Some made to drink as a liquid, some to cook with, others to flash vaporize (using a titanium or quartz plate on a swing arm or a quartz nail and pipe/bong.

I suggest you search out "concentrates" and enjoy reading the many process and personal thoughts on intake.

Peace

SOME people just need a sympathetic pat.......

ON THE HEAD...

WITH A HAMMER !!!

#5 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 5,012 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

I like iso resin personally, it's quick, cheap, and pretty darn good. I dab mine on a quartz nail.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

Posted Image

#6 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,038 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

I like iso resin personally, it's quick, cheap, and pretty darn good. I dab mine on a quartz nail.

OG, would you please explain what a quartz nail is ?

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#7 Darkorpse

Darkorpse

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • Location4chan

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Organic Gardener

OG, would you please explain what a quartz nail is ?

I assume it's the same as a glass or titanium nail, only made from quarts. You heat them, cover them, then dab your oil on them, and draw through your bong.

I'm not sure if they come as an alternate type of bowl, or as a whole apparatus though. I've actually never been able to find one in a store, or even at an online retailer, though I've only been looking for a few months, need something to smoke that oil blah

Sic is est nex, Ego volo magis

Caution: Messages may contain content not suitable for some viewers

#8 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 5,012 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

k don't ask why I said quartz cuz i meant glass my brain was probably only firing on one cylinder been a bit busy lately. check aqualabstechnology.com dark they have them.

Posted Image

#9 McLovin'

McLovin'

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,543 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

yeah those vapor globes are pretty nice and I like the titanium nail as it's recessed and Aqua Lab is where I got mine frombong

#10 Darkorpse

Darkorpse

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,431 posts
  • Location4chan

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

wow, thanks guys.

<3

Sic is est nex, Ego volo magis

Caution: Messages may contain content not suitable for some viewers

#11 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,038 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

...learn something new every day... nice.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#12 Cannadude420

Cannadude420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationPencil Neck Town

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

The Healthstone is superior to all of the described methods for smoking extracts.

You loose no smoke and there are no fancy items to heat, thus wasting expensive butane or risking burns or fire.

And I have tried and/or own them all (plate, nail, ect.)

You can pick them (Healthstones) up at Aqualabs too. Pretty cheap compared to other items and the stone fits most bowls.

Don't buy one of their fancy pipes. The stone works best in a downstem.

Hashmaster-Eastern Ont. Division Associate

#13 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 5,012 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

I didn't buy my vapor globe from aqualabs and I only paid $45 for it and a replacement nail.

Posted Image

#14 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

The Healthstone is superior to all of the described methods for smoking extracts.

You loose no smoke and there are no fancy items to heat, thus wasting expensive butane or risking burns or fire.

Butane is not expensive it a 1.99 a can and dont u have to heatthe stone up???
I got my globe from newtsativa on here for 35 fuck aqualabs a vaporglobe is a few ground joints maybe 15 worth of glass thats it

Forreal though titanium nail >_________