Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Nov
    HPSDREAMER

legal...now everyone and everything smells like pot. Is it worth it.

Show comments (13)
  • Photo
      07 Nov
    captainjoint

Captain Joint's answer letter to the FBI-Sgt Scott E. Haley

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      05 Nov
    SeaWeed

Three new legalized states and one legalized district! WTG USA.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      03 Nov
    adrok

Something special about smoking your own freshly cured buds.. The experience is far more satisfying..

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Hemp Oil for a Cat's Cancer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Riothamus

Riothamus

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hi everyone.

So my cat has been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer, and even with treatment, they're saying she only has two years. So I've heard about Rick's hemp oil curing cancer, and I'm interested in trying it, but it seems to me the concentration might be too high for a cat. So I was wondering if anyone had enough knowledge about this to advise me. Since she's just a small cat, is it possible the hemp seed oil that you can buy legally would be enough for her?

Also, where do people get hemp oil? Rick's recipe says to use a pound of high-quality bud. I've done my research, and that sells for about $8,000 - out of my price range. And I can't grow it myself, I live in an apartment and the neighbors would smell it a mile away.

#2 fook

fook

Journeyman

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOz DownUnder

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

How old is your cat? Most cats will live 12 years maybe 17, so that is a consideration. Another is what do you feed it? I think you need to take a holistic approach, if you live by the ocean, go catch some fresh fish, cook it if necessary so that it is eating the most healthy food possible. Fish is high in omega 3.

Hash oil is a concentrate, I can tell you a number of methods of how to make it, but because it is so strong your cat will be "legless", that is totally stoned if taken internally. Adding some herb into it's food may be sufficient, even that will be 5 times stronger than smoking it. If it is to be used externally, then that may be a different story, so I need more information.

To make a total smartass comment, you could try going down to the local cop shop, and ask if they have any confiscated herb, and they might give you some if you say it is just for your cat.

#3 Riothamus

Riothamus

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

My cat is about 8-10 years old. She's not really that old, I'm pretty sure she has a lot more years if we can get the cancer cured. The form of cancer she had is mammary adenocarcinoma, which is basically feline breast cancer. She had a lump and half of her breasts and a lymph node removed, and she's in chemo right now because they're worried about it spreading. They found that some cancer cells did travel through the lymph node, which is basically the gate through which they can spread to the rest of her body. But the ultrasound came back okay, so it doesn't look like it's formed anywhere yet.

So the oil would probably be taken internally, since she's had the external stuff removed already. Although, I could rub some on the outside just to be safe.

I feed her science diet catfood, and feeding her fish from the ocean is not an option. I live in New York, not by any clean water at all. She isn't really a plant eating cat. I think I'll probably have to force her to swallow the oil, or whatever I give her. But if you know of any herbs I can give her, I'm all ears.

#4 spicesandherbs

spicesandherbs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Locationgreat lakes watershed

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

One cannot just go out and purchase Rick's hemp oil. It's not even available in dispensaries in CA and CO. The only way to obtain it is to make it.

You live in an apartment, so growing is not an option. Making the oil is even more dangerous, as it involves a solvent such as butane. BHO (butane has oil) should only be made by experienced people in a well ventilated environment. It's really not practical to make or procure BHO for a cat.

Continue with the normal vet treatment. You can always add some herb (fresh or cooked?) to the food.

#5 Riothamus

Riothamus

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Well is there another herb you know of that's good for fighting cancer? I'm going to continue with the vet treatment, but even with it, they're saying the cancer will likely come back because it's very aggressive. That's why I wanted to use the hemp oil.

#6 Riothamus

Riothamus

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

Actually I have another question. I've read that the THC is what kills the cancer cells, and I've also read on Wikipedia that THC is the main psychoactive substance in marijuana. So does that basically mean that the higher you get from something, the more likely it is to be able to cure your cancer?

The reason I'm asking is because I do have access to other forms of marijuana that people use to get high from, I just don't have the oil, or any way of making it. But since this is a cat we're dealing with, maybe it wouldn't be good to use something with such a high concentration as the oil anyway. So could I give her a small dose of something other form of marijuana that people use to get high?

#7 LinZyMiggantz

LinZyMiggantz

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

im a medical marijuana patient in AZ and have been getting the Phonix Tears Oil from a cannabis club that distills ot for me. I have ben giving it to my cat for his asthma and a precancerous polyp in his ear. He is 12 years and i give about 1/2 a grain of rice worth mixed with organic ghee or coconut oil in his food. I just started him on it last week and the first two days he was OUT! im using the oil to heal my crohns disease. Im on day 33 and its making a work of difference after 8 years of hellish pain.

#8 Fog_Ducker

Fog_Ducker

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

LinZy, I also have Crohn's and am going to try the oil. Can you elaborate on how much you took/take, and how long before symptoms improved etc.
Thanks smile

#9 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationIf "Harper" has his way...JAIL

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well is there another herb you know of that's good for fighting cancer? I'm going to continue with the vet treatment, but even with it, they're saying the cancer will likely come back because it's very aggressive. That's why I wanted to use the hemp oil.

I just put my dog down because of cancer.

We discovered it much to late and she was gone in a week. I was thinking of doing exactly the same as you, only I was going to use cookies, way less intense and easier to control for the animals sake. I'm of the mind it can't hurt any worse that the Cancer.

Since my dog death, I discovered juicing, you may want to check it out. It is non-psychoactive, so it won't mess the animal up. Google "Juicing Cannabis/video".

Here's a few links on Juicing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4QR2NqgWU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJv9OgATok&feature=related

Good luck to your pet and let us know how things work out.

Peace...Buddha

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#10 ToxicTaz

ToxicTaz

Stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

we dont know whats wrong with our cat. i have a CBD oil you can get from real scientific hemp oil webpage. it has 0.79% THC and im scared to use it on him because ive read THC is poisonous to cats. also it wont taste great.

so we dont know what else to do... i might as well try, whats the worst that could happen. so we decided to put some in his ear, rubbed on the skin near the tip. we will see if he improves.

#11 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

LinZy, I also have Crohn's and am going to try the oil. Can you elaborate on how much you took/take, and how long before symptoms improved etc.
Thanks smile

Fog..I am on my second round with this treatment. Start off with a couple of blobs the size of a grain of rice and increase once your tolerance levels come up. I now am taking 00 size capsule every day, equivalent to 3/4-1 gram. This treatment has put my cancer into remission for over 2 years now. I give all my animals dry good capsules every day. I would give it to your cat, no amount will kill it, sleeping is part of the cure.

#12 ToxicTaz

ToxicTaz

Stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

what do you mean you give dry good capsules to your pets? dried herb in capsules?

#13 Purple_Haze999

Purple_Haze999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

DO NOT GIVE YOUR CAT "HEMP SEED OIL"!!!!! This is not good for cats to consume!!! They have not evolved to digest plant based proteins/oils and they also require a different omega 3 to omega 6 ratio then humans do. Plant based proteins/oils have negative health effects on cats when consumed.

With that being said "Rick Simpson Oil" or "RSO" or "Hemp Oil", is a cannabinoid concentrate, a.k.a "Oil", or "Hash Oil". It would be possible to use hash oil to cure your cats cancer, but it would require a much lower dose then a human due to the fact they are WAYYYY smaller and do not weigh as much as a human. Base dosage for your cat on the cats weight, the heavier the cat the higher the dose, the lighter the cat the lower the dose. But if the cat is close to 10 or more years old it might almost be best to just let the cat live its life and die, of course if the cat starts to suffer from the ailment I would put it down humanely.

#14 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

what do you mean you give dry good capsules to your pets? dried herb in capsules?

Yes. All my animals(3 dogs, 3 cats). I no longer smoke and only digest edibles. Capsules work really well for taking larger amounts through out the day.

#15 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

DO NOT GIVE YOUR CAT "HEMP SEED OIL"!!!!! This is not good for cats to consume!!! They have not evolved to digest plant based proteins/oils and they also require a different omega 3 to omega 6 ratio then humans do. Plant based proteins/oils have negative health effects on cats when consumed.

With that being said "Rick Simpson Oil" or "RSO" or "Hemp Oil", is a cannabinoid concentrate, a.k.a "Oil", or "Hash Oil". It would be possible to use hash oil to cure your cats cancer, but it would require a much lower dose then a human due to the fact they are WAYYYY smaller and do not weigh as much as a human. Base dosage for your cat on the cats weight, the heavier the cat the higher the dose, the lighter the cat the lower the dose. But if the cat is close to 10 or more years old it might almost be best to just let the cat live its life and die, of course if the cat starts to suffer from the ailment I would put it down humanely.

Easy to put down someone else's family members. I would not give any over the counter hemp oils due to the manufacturing process. As for actual cannabis oil...I wouldn't hesitate giving my animals it. Cannabis oil has put my cancer into remission and my dog is 8 month past a diagnoses of 2 months on his cancer. I have implemented capsules of dry powder for all my animals and you can see a difference in my older guys. You will never hurt your animals giving them cannabis in any form, the most you will do is make them sleep a lot...which is part of the healing process. Look at the size of animal and make a decision on how much to start with. They will feel some effects for awhile but as us all the effect lessen as we get used to the dose so increasing it in increments will be necessary. Be smart about it and you will help your friend out greatly...SG

#16 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,293 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Great post Sir G, I completely agree with giving our animals cannabis for their ailments.

A self-adressed envelope would be addressed "Envelope"

#17 W/O Reason

W/O Reason

Stoner

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLotusland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hmm... That is definitely not my experience.

I have asked vets this question, and they agree, there is no problem giving cats (or any other small animal for that matter) Hemp Seed Oil.

Here is a quote from one of many web sites showing the benefit of supplementing with Hemp Oil:

"Hemp seed oil, as a supplement or ingredient in dog and cat food is showing great promise. Furthermore, the nutritional composition found in Hempseed meal is showing great promise as an addition to both small and large animal feed." (see this link for the full article).

(** I have no affiliation with this site. Merely using it for example.)

Originally Posted By: PurpleHaze

Cannabis has proven to be just as effective in treating pets as Humans. I think perhaps even better because the pets don't have all those preconceived notions of what the Cannabis will do to them. They don't experience the anxiety we people do, when using it for the first time.

The Dispensary has started their Pet Division to help people care for their four legged loved ones (under the supervision of their Veterinarian).

(**Full disclosure: I work for them.)

The Pet's membership is restricted to Elixirs only. They have Hemp Seed Oil that is infused with Cannabis Honey Oil (in two different strengths). This oil has done wonders for the pets treated so far.

If anyone needs more information, I will try to help where I can.
Plant the Seeds of Freedom.
Help Repeal Prohibition today!

#18 ToxicTaz

ToxicTaz

Stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

alot more research needs to be done on felines with CBDA, CBD, THCA, THC. they are more sensitive than dogs. from what i gather is THCA, is bad if they cant digest plant proteins.. maybe CBDA is ok, but no prob with CBD.

my cat that we cant figure out whats wrong him, we gave him a grain of rice of 18% CBD, <1% THC, under the top lip and gums, from real scientific hemp oil dot com. he has seemed to improve a little and is stable, but very weak still. better mood when on it also. also giving him milk thistle(silli marin) tincture for swollen liver. 10 PPM silver, couple drops in water.

i wonder if CO'2 OIL(50%+CBD) vaped in a pen is good, he seemed in a good mood again. dont know if they even get anything from it, me being the filter first and all.

i just want him to get better, im scared to give him THC stuff, like CO2 oil in food, simpson or treats of some sort.

plus it is really hard to think of ways to get him to eat it.

#19 W/O Reason

W/O Reason

Stoner

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLotusland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

alot more research needs to be done on felines with CBDA, CBD, THCA, THC. they are more sensitive than dogs. from what i gather is THCA, is bad if they cant digest plant proteins.. maybe CBDA is ok, but no prob with CBD.

my cat that we cant figure out whats wrong him, we gave him a grain of rice of 18% CBD, <1% THC, under the top lip and gums, from real scientific hemp oil dot com. he has seemed to improve a little and is stable, but very weak still. better mood when on it also. also giving him milk thistle(silli marin) tincture for swollen liver. 10 PPM silver, couple drops in water.

i wonder if CO'2 OIL(50%+CBD) vaped in a pen is good, he seemed in a good mood again. dont know if they even get anything from it, me being the filter first and all.

i just want him to get better, im scared to give him THC stuff, like CO2 oil in food, simpson or treats of some sort.

plus it is really hard to think of ways to get him to eat it.

In my opinion, you are way over thinking it! I understand your concern for your cat, but I have seen nothing but positive results. The product I am talking about (it's called Petz Oil) is not only very easy to administer, I have yet to meet a pet (cat or dog so far) that has not responded wonderfully.

It turned an old sluggish cat that can could barely get up to eat, into a playful kitten! A dog that has been written off as terminal by the vet, playing like a puppy (and no more sign of the tumour!)

Cannabis is non-toxic for humans AND animals.

Plant the Seeds of Freedom.
Help Repeal Prohibition today!