Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Jul
    SeaWeed

Congratulations LabRat CC's June Member of the Month!

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      02 Jul
    adrok

The more i learn the more i feel i've just scratched the surface....

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      28 Jun
    WiiD

Made it through another day without blowing my god damn brains out.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Should I start flushing for harvest?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Qbud

Qbud

Stranger

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSwindon, UK

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hello

Had I bit of a panic this morning as one of my plants was slumped over, its OK just the bud getting to heavy smile

It made me start reading up on harvesting and flushing so here my question, I am growing crystal (northern lights crossed with white widow) and it got a flowering cycle of 8 to 10 weeks.

I have just entered the 7th week and I got some bloody big buds hence the plant slumping anyway I took a sample and put it under the microscope and I want your opinion on should I start flushing for harvest?

Attached Thumbnails

• Hav Pic 2.jpg
  • Hav Pic 6.jpg

Marijuana is addictive in the sense that all great things in life are worth repeating

#2 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

boy they still look clear to milky ..i'd go another week but your getting close ..if you are running a 2 week flush then yeah you might want to start but chances are tho your going to land on the hi side of that estimit of 8 to 10 weeks..i'd give it another week first and see whats up then..

250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#3 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,825 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Depends on what you are after. Since the top of the range you gave is up to three weeks away, you could play this either way. Personally, I would start the flush next week, take a sample the second week, flush again, then go for it.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#4 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationCannafornia, USA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

a good way to know when to flush is to know the flowering time of the strain being grown. some people suggest a full 2 weeks flush, but i usually flush for 1 or 1.5 weeks. so if you have a 60 day strain, start your flush at 50-53 days.

the best way to tell if your buds are finished is to look at the trichomes and see how many are milky white/amber. mostly amber will give you a hardcore high, while clear heads will be much lighter. just depends on the effect that you desire. i prefer 2/3 milky and 1/3 amber. keeps my head in the clouds while allowing me to still keep attention to detail.

Finally the herbs come around,
The high grade that me look for,
We stock it by the pound.