Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Nute ??'s and 1 on Ph - Soilless grow

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hazydaze

Hazydaze

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

I've been using this line of nutes for 4 weeks now and been having some issues dialing in the concentration.  I started with half what their feeding chart lists and am now up to quadrupling it after loosing a lot of fan leaves over this trial.

I was wondering if anyone has used this brand and if so at what concentration level.  

If not maybe a few of you that grow in a soilless container could toss me a few numbers on what your PPMs are when you feed.

I'm up to around 950ppm and adjust the ph to 6.0.  Growing in   Sunshine mix #4 cut with 30% perlite.

Side note: I've been watering with RO water but I've not been adjusting it's ph, its currently about 7.0.  Do you adjust your plain water ph?

Thanx, in advance,

Hazy

#2 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationMedical grow in USA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

I cant answer your soiless question but the ph should be adjusted after adding your nutrients.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One
Smoke all the bud you can because tommorrow you might die.

#3 Hazydaze

Hazydaze

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

I cant answer your soiless question but the ph should be adjusted after adding your nutrients.

I do that now, add all of the nutes, then ph adjust ( normally from 5.2 up to 6.0 ), then add the micro organisms that were recommended. Do you adjust your plain water down or leave it at 7-7.5? As in, I fert, let it dry then water with plain water once or twice.

This is my first harvest were I've even checked ph levels and so far it not been the huge benefit I had imagined =). lol, try and try again I guess.

Thanx for the input Rebel,

Hazy

#4 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

any water or nutrient that touch my plants are first ph balanced. PH level is so very important as it must be correct for nutrients to uptake correctly.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One

#5 Hazydaze

Hazydaze

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

Awesome! TYVM for the clarification. I am guessing that since I've not been adjusting the Ph of the plain water when I water between fertilizing that I may be f'ing up the soil Ph and that would explain my nutrient issues.

Would a lower ppm of nutrients every watering be preferable? I had gathered that plain water between was more desirable to prevent any build ups.

Thanx, again,

Hazy

#6 Cannasutra

Cannasutra

Stoner

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

Using ss4 myself. I mix my nutes up into my water then ph it down to 6.5. Don't check ppm so no clue there man.

#7 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

yes, if you are putting plain water you would still ph balance it.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One

#8 Sir.Ganga

Sir.Ganga

GOOYGURU

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

In sunshine #4 I was running my ph around 5.8-6.0 and my run off would come out around 6.3-6.5. Early veg 1-4 weeks TDS ppm"s 800-1000 and week 5-8 1100-1250 then flush for the last week.

ALWAYS balance your water or nutes and try to keep it in the range your plants like.

They will tell you

#9 JONNIE BANANAS

JONNIE BANANAS

Stoner

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • LocationOutside Chicago

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Sunshine mix 4 cut with 30% perlite? Doesnt sunshine 4 already contain 40% perlite? Or did you add more peat or something?

Remember prohibition, It didn't work.

#10 Hazydaze

Hazydaze

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

Nope, I just add extra perlite. I started doing it because I wanted it to drain faster so I could water/feed twice a week.

Are there some down sides to doing this?

Hazy