• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dem05

Dem05

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

My friend has been ranting/raving about this "C02 Hash" that he could obtain (I think 60$ a 1/2 G), and how it was incredible. I didn't read too much into it thinking "Overpriced dispensary Honey Oil."

Well fast forward a couple days, and here I am drinking and chatting with some friends and I was recommending my friend a beer made with hop extract. So wondering how hop extract is made I get to my search engine and the number One result for 'hop extract' is C02 Hop Extract which immediately made me remember the C02 Hash my friend was raving about.

So yesterday my friend stops by and brings some of this C02 Hash for me to sample and look at. It looks like hash oil but I can tell it's not from butane or ethanol. It was a clear light hued amber color, the pile of it itself almost looked like a giant amber trichome head.

Most Hash Oils I have tried (either Iso or butane) leave me with a weird feeling which make smoking it undesirable. This however hit me strong and the bowl never became undesirable. It's potency was awesome and made me brainless, my friend and I were sitting around laughing and being dumb like when we first started smoking.

All in all, this was the most potent 'extract' of any kind I have come across, and this method seems like the best way to produce high potency pure product. Too bad the tech is too expensive/unavailable for most growers as super critical C02 seems like the least toxic way of making oil.

TL;DR : Hash oil made with Super-critical C02 is the best purest product I have ever smoked. What do you think about this method ? discuss.

#2 Ohigho

Ohigho

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,871 posts
  • LocationThe Fifty Americas

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

From what I gather there are two forms of "Super-critical co2 hash", (*as far as I have researched*) the real stuff is a brittle substance known as "glass" and requires $100,000 equipment. The "co2 extracted" product still requires expensive (or dangerous DYI gear)and specialized equipment and produces a somewhat inferior (to the solid product, but superior to other hashes in terms of purity).

While I have been interested in this a long time now I have to wonder, given the inefficiency of combustion does it really make a difference when the purity is a mere few percentage points.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein 

#3 Dem05

Dem05

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

The Stuff I saw wasn't glass like and brittle, but also wasn't gooey and soft. Somewhere in-between siding on hard.

While I have been interested in this a long time now I have to wonder, given the inefficiency of combustion does it really make a difference when the purity is a mere few percentage points.

A big difference. Just take beer for example, a beer rated at 7.5% will inebriate you much more than a 5%.

It was enough of a purity difference for me to research it and to get me interested in the tech of it. Like I stated before there's something about butane and ethanol oils that make them so unwanted in my system...

If only I knew where to get access to this Supercritical C02 machine they made this hash on.

#4 DANKNUG

DANKNUG

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,185 posts
  • Locationthe wicked garden

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:11 AM

i have always wondered if hash could be made using "canned air", the same kind used to dust off your computers keyboard. i can remember tipping it upside down and spraying it and a burst of "frozen liquid" shot out and quickly evaporated. has anyone ever tried using this instead of butane, but using the butane method? i thought it was co2 inside of the cans, thats why i am posting here. but they appear to be a mix of fluorocarbons.

#5 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

COMPUTER DUSTER WILL NOT MAKE HASH trust me i tried this about 8 years ago it does not work

Dem05 i call bullshit i do not believe u can make an extract with CO2 liquid oxygen maybe but not CO2 i bet your friend just has some BHO made from some really nice trim with good butane. that is passed off as "CO2 hash" in clubs all around cali. if there really was a way to make hash at home without VERY exspensive equipment dont u think it woul have been leaked out on the internet by now. google that shit all u get is a bunch of talk. all butane sold in the us has mercaptans in it these make it so u can smell it in event of a leak. the only way i have heard to properly purge your BHO of these chemicals is to get ALL the tane out and then dissolve your BHO into everclear or some other form of grain alcohol. let sit overnight in freezer. the mercaptans precipitate in with the alcohol and then evaporate off with it. the amount of mercaptans should be minute in batches of BHO and the rumors on the net about it causing brain lesions sounds like BS since there are also mercaptansin zippos bics etc. and people use them all the time so if i dab a bit of BHO on my hot tit nail i doubt i will die early

#6 DANKNUG

DANKNUG

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

COMPUTER DUSTER WILL NOT MAKE HASH trust me i tried this about 8 years ago it does not work

thanks biglungs, that settles it for me. bong

#7 Dem05

Dem05

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Dem05 i call bullshit i do not believe u can make an extract with CO2 liquid oxygen maybe but not CO2 i bet your friend just has some BHO made from some really nice trim with good butane. that is passed off as "CO2 hash" in clubs all around cali.

Yeah, like I said I was first skeptical, but it was different enough in it's form to not look like any Honey Oil I've ever seen (I had smoked some really good honey oil a couple days before). It was very pure, seemed much more pure than any honey Oil I've ever tried (and was also 60$ a 1/2 G !!). Also It's not liquid oxygen, It's liquid carbon dioxide.
Originally Posted By: Wikipedia

Uses
Solvent

Carbon dioxide is gaining popularity amongst coffee manufacturers looking to move away from some of the classic decaffeinating solvents of the past, many of which lead to public outcry because of real or perceived dangers related to their use in food preparation. Supercritical CO2 is forced through the green coffee beans and then they are sprayed with water at high pressure to remove the caffeine. The caffeine can then be isolated for resale (e.g. to the pharmaceutical industry or to beverage manufacturers) by passing the water through activated charcoal filters or by distillation, crystallization or reverse osmosis.

Supercritical carbon dioxide can also be used as a more environmentally friendly solvent for dry cleaning as compared to more traditional solvents such as hydrocarbons and perchloroethylene.[1]

Supercritical carbon dioxide has also been used as an extraction solvent in the creation of highly-potent hash oil, known as honey oil.

In laboratories, supercritical carbon dioxide is used as an extraction solvent, e.g., in determination of Total Recoverable Hydrocarbons from soils, sediments, fly-ash, and other media,[2] and determination of PAHs in soil and solid wastes.[3] Supercritical fluid extraction has also been used in determination of hydrocarbon components in water.[4]

Processes which use supercritical carbon dioxide to produce micro and nano scale particles, often for pharmaceutical uses, are currently being developed. The gas antisolvent process, rapid expansion of supercritical solutions, and supercritical antisolvent precipitation (as well as several related methods) have been shown to process a variety of substances into particles.[5]

I mean, it seems like solid (yet expensive, way expensive) tech for making some pure extractions.
http://en.wikipedia...._carbon_dioxide

#8 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

if u pay $60.00 a half gr for hash oil u got ripped off in cali u can get two grams from dispensary for that much

#9 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

if u pay $60.00 a half gr for hash oil u got ripped off in cali u can get two grams from dispensary for that much

Still a rip off.

What is the diff. between his oral temp. and rectal temp?

#10 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Lungs

Still a rip off.

how so $30 a gr is pretty fair for QUALITY oil its 20-25 on the streets and half the time that stuff is oil that couldnt make it into th club and FYI the oil im talking about is lab tested over %80 thc every time and most times its more like %90

#11 TakingBongRips

TakingBongRips

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationAround the corner

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

I make amber glass and it looks and feels how you just described it, Ill post a picture later. 60 a gram from the clubs in Cali is usually the correct price, clubs buy it at 20-25 a gram. Biglungs you make butane extractions don't you?

#12 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

How much profit are the producers collecting? I understand Butane is costly but how much profit is being made?

I don't agree with this black market bullshit, I don't believe an ounce of marijuana is worth what people are charging for it. I understand the fact that if there wasn't risk involved prices would be much lower.

I just don't agree with producing a product, with the intent to sell it for 300x what it cost me to produce.

#13 DANKNUG

DANKNUG

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

How much profit are the producers collecting? I understand Butane is costly but how much profit is being made?

I don't agree with this black market bullshit, I don't believe an ounce of marijuana is worth what people are charging for it. I understand the fact that if there wasn't risk involved prices would be much lower.

I just don't agree with producing a product, with the intent to sell it for 300x what it cost me to produce.

seriously.... people pay 60 bucks for a gram of oil??? fuck that. i would feel ripped at 30 a gram. that is why i started growing my own cannadianxgrower... rediculous prices for good bud. thank god those days are over.

#14 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CannadianxGrower

seriously.... people pay 60 bucks for a gram of oil??? fuck that. i would feel ripped at 30 a gram. that is why i started growing my own cannadianxgrower... rediculous prices for good bud. thank god those days are over.

I'm on the same page, I don't get why more people don't follow. With a grow room in every home, there is no more black market scammers getting away with this bullshit. It would also help in the sense, with a marijuana plant growing in EVERY home, we can't all be imprisoned.

That's were the modo "Over Grow the Government" comes in but people are ignorant and show no intentions of educating themselves.

#15 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: DANKNUG

I'm on the same page, I don't get why more people don't follow. With a grow room in every home, there is no more black market scammers getting away with this bullshit. It would also help in the sense, with a marijuana plant growing in EVERY home, we can't all be imprisoned.

That's were the modo "Over Grow the Government" comes in but people are ignorant and show no intentions of educating themselves.

people pay 60 a gr for QUALITY oil the kind of oils most of u have never seen the thc gold, shiva crystals, canary crystals etc. butane is anywhere from 30 to 60 a case depending on where u live. even with a grow room in every house there still would be a need for people to make quality concentrates not every one can do it right just like growing weed.

#16 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DANKNUG

people pay 60 a gr for QUALITY oil the kind of oils most of u have never seen the thc gold, shiva crystals, canary crystals etc. butane is anywhere from 30 to 60 a case depending on where u live. even with a grow room in every house there still would be a need for people to make quality concentrates not every one can do it right just like growing weed.

Once again you're an idiot, doing nothing more then make excuses as to why you should get away with charging insane prices for something that's not worth it.

Answer my questions or shut the hell up. If it costs $100 to produce and you make $1000 in profit, your a criminal.

Extracts are not hard to make and you are no better at it then the average clown. It also doesn't constitute charging those prices, whether you know how to make it right or not.

You are one of the many who give us pot smokers a bad name and keep it illegal for us.

#17 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Once again you're an idiot, doing nothing more then make excuses as to why you should get away with charging insane prices for something that's not worth it.

Answer my questions or shut the hell up. If it costs $100 to produce and you make $1000 in profit, your a criminal.

Extracts are not hard to make and you are no better at it then the average clown. It also doesn't constitute charging those prices, whether you know how to make it right or not.

You are one of the many who give us pot smokers a bad name and keep it illegal for us.

u r an idiot a pound of GOOD trim will yield maybe forty gr of potent earwax and i get 100-150 gr of good trim per light so how do u figure i make $1000 off of $100 the light bill to produce a pound of good trim is way higher than $100 plus all the time it takes to trim up all that weed GOOD no lazy trim job if u r making good extracts does that answer ur question MOST outdoor weed wont make bomb dry wax it is great and stable and all but unless u use whole buds it stays oily

i dont sell the stuff i only listed the price the dispensaries sell it for they are the ones making the money be mad at them not me and what i do LEGALLY in CA does not affect what happens in ur country. stop being so pissed off all the time i will take a globe rip for u buddy

#18 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

u r an idiot a pound of GOOD trim will yield maybe forty gr of potent earwax and i get 100-150 gr of good trim per light so how do u figure i make $1000 off of $100 the light bill to produce a pound of good trim is way higher than $100 plus all the time it takes to trim up all that weed GOOD no lazy trim job if u r making good extracts does that answer ur question MOST outdoor weed wont make bomb dry wax it is great and stable and all but unless u use whole buds it stays oily

i dont sell the stuff i only listed the price the dispensaries sell it for they are the ones making the money be mad at them not me and what i do LEGALLY in CA does not affect what happens in ur country. stop being so pissed off all the time i will take a globe rip for u buddy

You obviously lack education so I would greatly hope your not making these extractions at all. I've also seen you post that you sell to dispensaries.

Prices in my previous post were hypothetical, you obviously don't get it.

I don't give a rats ass how long it took you to trim, or how good of a job you do, those prices are retarded and only criminals charge it.

#19 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

LOL im no criminal my grow is exempt under prop 215. my power bill is not cheap. like i said it takes a lot of electricity to grow that much trim. on top of that i spend my time every day ensuring my crop is of the utmost quality. i am legally allowed to be compensated for my time and materials. the fact that good oil is not cheap is becuz people would just cop and resell. also supply and demand play a factor here. there is plenty of shitty oil out there and nobody wants it there is not an abundance of quality and that is what people want.

true CO2 hash is also expensive becuz the equipment to make it is expensive.

this thread is getting off track anybody have any thought to CO2 oil i was thinking about the gear used for refilling paintball canisters

#20 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,707 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

this thread is getting off track anybody have any thought to CO2 oil i was thinking about the gear used for refilling paintball canisters

I was thinking the same thing, not sure if it'll work though.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users