• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Elvis and pot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 monk37

monk37

Stranger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

There's debate on an Elvis forum that I'm on.

I think Elvis is smoking pot at this 1957 party

it's 39 seconds into the clip

Many Elvis fans won't beleive it, but I wanted some expert eyes to determine

#2 ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Enlightened Cannabist

• Members
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationThe Fifty Americas

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

Looks like a joint to me.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.Robert A. Heinlein

The only impossibilities in physics is precognition and perpetual motion.

#3 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,891 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Looks like a joint to me.

Ditto, you don't hit a cigarette and pass it generally wink

Organic Mafia: California chapter

b8c33551-3d59-4e0f-b455-706233958252_zps

#4 monk37

monk37

Stranger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

thanks, that's what I said

pot wasn't illegal then

and it was a hollywood kinda party

#5 mikeyzero(40 grit)

mikeyzero(40 grit)

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 3,015 posts
  • Locationdetroit area MI usa

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

Pot was very much illegal in the 1950s,. and let's see what Elvis has to say about it:
Quote:
Question: What was Elvis Presley's relationship with drugs?
Answer: Although many still point to Elvis Presley's prodigous eating habits and lack of exercise as motivating factors in his death, there is no doubt that drugs were the main factor. And although some suggest that Elvis had tried marijuana and cocaine on at least one occasion, he felt far more comfortable in the world of legal drugs -- medical prescriptions. Elvis had a love for what were then called "downers": barbituates, sleeping pills, painkillers, the combination of which will induce a sleepy, calm euphoria. In addition to the ten drugs found in his system at the time of death, Elvis was known to have tried Dilaudid, Percodan, Placidyl, Dexedrine (a rare "upper," then prescribed as a "diet pill"), Biphetamine, Tiunal, Desbutal, Escatrol, Amytal, Quaaludes, Carbrital, Seconal, Methadone, and Ritalin.
Elvis' fondness for prescription drugs had begun back in the early Sixties (although at least one confidant claims Elvis began by stealing diet pills from Gladys, his mother). Facing a punishing work schedule set up by his manager, "Colonel" Tom Parker, Presley began to use "uppers" to get him going in the morning and "downers" to help him relax and sleep at night. By the early Seventies, Elvis had come to rely on these pills as necessary equipment for his hectic career, especially since Parker's schedule now had him working like a dog: an average of one show every other day from 1969 until June 1977 and a three-album-a-year schedule for RCA.

In order to get these prescriptions, Elvis needed doctors, and there were many in Los Angeles, Vegas, Palm Springs, and Memphis who were happy to help the wealthy star out. When he visited a doctor (or dentist), Elvis would almost inevitably talk him into a prescription, usually for painkillers. Eventually, Elvis took to carrying around a copy of The Physician's Desk Reference -- an encyclopedia of legal drugs and their uses -- so that he knew just what to ask for and, when necessary, which symptoms to fake.

Elvis actually had near-fatal overdoses at least twice in the Seventies and was admitted to hospitals for "exhaustion" -- that is, detoxification.

Quote:
Elvis Presley came to the White House gate on Dec. 21, 1971, just as the administration was beginning to work on a change in its drug policy. Elvis handed the guard a six-page letter, asking to be appointed a "Federal Agent at Large" in the war on drugs.

"I have done an in-depth study of drug abuse and Communist brainwashing techniques and I am right in the middle of the whole thing where I can and will do the most good," Presley wrote.

Receiving the letter, Krogh thought he was being put on by White House scheduler and in-house prankster Dwight Chapin. He called the Hotel Washington, however, and was put through to Presley. (He was staying under the name of Jon Burroughs.)

After being vetted by Krogh -- who tried to explain the administration was focusing on heroin -- Presley was ushered into the Oval Office.

"It was one of the most bizarre conversations I could imagine," Krogh recalled. "He (Presley) was clutching all these badges from police departments, pictures of Lisa Marie and Priscilla, and talked about playing Las Vegas and hearing the Beatles.

"He didn't like the Beatles. He said they were coming over here, taking our money, and denouncing our country's policies. He turned to the president and asked, 'Could I get a badge from the Bureau of Narcotics?""

When promised a badge, Elvis stepped forward, grabbed the awkward Nixon and gave him a hug.

Krog wrote a follow-up memo on the meeting. Along with other Nixon-Presley documents, it has long been one of the most requested documents at the National Archives.

#6 topcat1666

topcat1666

Ganja God

• Members
  • 10,618 posts
  • Location la la land

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

TO BAD There are a lot of people that refuse to see that their prescribed drugs are worse for you than weed.

#7 T5 HO

T5 HO

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,976 posts
  • Locationplaces not on the map

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

and not one mention of alcohol unless i missed it

not saying he even drank, but if he took pills and drank,,,,
if he did, would they even have mentioned it?

#8 Rolladoobie Girl

Rolladoobie Girl

Stoner

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • LocationSomewhere rolling somethin' up!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

ha ha, when a friend of mine runs outta weed he says that Elvis has left the building!! lol

bigleaf Member of the Organic Mafia Oregon Chapter bigleaf
happydance happydance