Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Jul
    SeaWeed

Rumors of our infection have been GREATLY exaggerated!

Show comments (4)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      02 Jul
    adrok

The more i learn the more i feel i've just scratched the surface....

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      26 Jun
    Schwann

“Synchronicity reveals the meaningful connections between the subjective and objective world.” - Carl Jung

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Photo

What are the easiest/hardest strains to grow ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

As the subject header says, what strains do you believe to be the easiest, and/or hardest to cultivate ? I would think many growers here would like a heads-up on these, to help them make decisions as what to order or avoid.

Thanks for reading.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#2 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,877 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

I personally haven't found any strain easy or hard to grow just gotta know what to watch for. Sour diesel, purple kush, Hindu kush, purple urkle, choclope have all been pretty easy.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

b8c33551-3d59-4e0f-b455-706233958252_zps

#3 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

I personally haven't found any strain easy or hard to grow just gotta know what to watch for. Sour diesel, purple kush, Hindu kush, purple urkle, choclope have all been pretty easy.

Thanks for the post O.G. I've heard that some strains are more.. picky or difficult than others, which may be more tolerant of newbie f'ups. Perhaps I was misinformed...

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan

#4 GreenSurfer

GreenSurfer

Journeyman

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Easiest:
NL, La Confidential, Bubbleberry, Blue Dream, OG kush, romulan

Hardest:
Skunks & Hazes are pretty fussy.
AK47(powdery mildew susceptibility)

It can also depend on the quality of your cuts. A weak clone will just never overcome a state of sickery

#5 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Romulan, now there's a strain I want to get my hands on! Hard to find, unless you are willing to fork out big $$$

#6 nutogrow

nutogrow

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,658 posts
  • LocationOZ

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

Might just be me but it seems indicas are easier than sativas. Right now I'm runnin' Purple Kush and it seems to eat anything ya throw at it. Like the billy goat of cannabis. The other strain Massachusetts Super Skunk is a picky fuckin' eater, seems to want alot of Cal-Mag.. I'm far from expert, so maybe it's me.

I don't know shit from shinola. But never seen shinola.

#7 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationOn the planets skin.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

Depends WERE YOU GROW.

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#8 GreenSurfer

GreenSurfer

Journeyman

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

romulan is fairly inexpensive, its like 50 dollas at attitude

#9 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

romulan is fairly inexpensive, its like 50 dollas at attitude

Sadly, they are out of stock.

#10 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

Depends WERE YOU GROW.

I grow only indoors.

#11 IHeartBuds

IHeartBuds

Stoner

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Locationne usa

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

NL is easy as hell and a good hardy strain outdoors too, and doesnt smell much or at all really when growing. and like nuto said indi doms are easier and alot of them like to eat.

#12 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

I recently received a couple diff NL crosses, will probably get one of those going soon - nice to know they are not too 'odourific'!

#13 poppin fresh

poppin fresh

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

i have an nl cross and it is extremely easy to clone and grow just have to watch the amount of n . other than that have plenty of room or other plan in place mine can stretch up to 3 ft.

#14 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

i was gifted some c-99xapollo-11 and they were very aggressive growing ...one of the easyest strains i've ever grown ..i still keep this strain and use it to cross alot of my own beans ..great yeilder too ..

250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#15 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Administrators
  • 6,837 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

i was gifted some c-99xapollo-11 and they were very aggressive growing ...one of the easyest strains i've ever grown ..i still keep this strain and use it to cross alot of my own beans ..great yeilder too ..

That is the same strain I first grew: clones easily, grows like a weed wink..Love it. Pretty good buzz too!!