6 replies to this topic

#1 Green Bastard

Green Bastard

Old Green Thumb

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

Strange for me to be asking growing advice, but this is stumping me. For quite a while, I have been hindered by tip burn on young leaves while in bloom. By the end of the cycle, most buds have tip burn on all leaves, making trimming quite the bitch!! The exception are the 1/3 of the buds which are in the shadiest areas

Info:
Purple Kush, Soilless (Peat pearlite), Advanced Nutes 3 part, Big Bud or Overdrive (Bloom enhancers), Carboload (occasionally),Ph 6.4-6.6(runoff 6.2-6.4) , Average PPM 1000 , Every second or third watering is water only (runoff aprox 500ppm), A bit of flushing every time with at least 2 good flushes during bloom, Leaves are generally healthy and never curl under or turn glossy deep green, Temperatures never outside of 60-90 (the extremes), Buds harvested at any time during bloom are quite smokeable (burn well with no black ash), Yeilding 1 3/4- 2 1/4 lb per 1000W (vertical rooms kick ass!!)

Hard to want to make any radical changes, as everything else is working so well....

3+,the new 2+
Anything I say is pure fiction.I don't grow pot.All pics posted are from the internet.
All advice is intended for licensed legal medical growers only!

#2 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationOn the planets skin.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Its assumed you grow from 'chemical fertilisers'? that is your problem. And plants have 3 stages and each stage is triggered by hormones and nutrients uptake change's with each stage. To give the wrong nute at the wrong stage creates stress within the plant.Plants cannot eat everything we throw at them, Like you,if ya eat to much you puke,we are one and the same.Chemicals create a change within the plant also,makes irregular cells or abnormal ones.Ever notice how natural plants look so good and succulent? The difference in every aspect is better with natural end product,which is the result of a stress free growth and flowering.

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#3 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationOn the planets skin.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Oh and problems upstairs means problems downstairs,check them roots. If its none of the above,im sure someone will figure a simple solution, as there is one for every problem.

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#4 Who's Online

Who's Online

Journeyman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Locationnow?

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

I had the same inexplicable problem, but it happened mostly during the winter months. If you have the same problem, its caused by transpiration from low humidity.

You ever go in at lights on, and see moisture on some of the leaves and think, wtf? When the humidity gets low, (below 45%) they transpire, and the light (magnified by the drops of moisture) burns the leaves. Raise the relative humidity above 50% and it should fix the problem.

"Soppy froma runny kine" - Pootie Tang

#5 Green Bastard

Green Bastard

Old Green Thumb

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Yes, Advance Nutrients 3 parts=chemical. Though I am a strictly organic gardener outside (weed n vegies), I find chems so much simpler inside, but I do use the highest quality possible, and flush often to get rid of what they are not uptaking. Roots are healthy and pots dry within 3 days... Humidity very seldom goes below 50%, as a vert room has such a high ratio of plant material to cubic feet of area, but I'll make sure I check the plants right before lights on to see if there is water on the tips...
Hydro store clerks told me that Purple Kush should not be given more than 1000 ppm, so it's possible that that is the issue as I sometimes (though rarely) go as high as 1300.

Thank you for the replies so far....

3+,the new 2+
Anything I say is pure fiction.I don't grow pot.All pics posted are from the internet.

#6 innercityseed

innercityseed

Pot Nerd

• Members
  • 6,021 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

sounds like too much heavy metals to me..?

I'd back off the ppm levels...AN has crazy Pot. levels

you can always ramp them up as ya go..?

Proud member Organic Mafia
Oregon

#7 Green Bastard

Green Bastard

Old Green Thumb

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

Eased off on the ppms, and the newer crops are looking fine. I do 1000 ppm, 2-3 days to dry out, then 700 ppm, then 2-3 days, then pure ph ed water....

Saw this from someones post on another forum, as a reply from AN...

"The amounts suggested in the nutrient calculator are the total nutrient to feed the plant for a whole week, not the amount to give them per feeding.

If you want to give your plants nutrient solution more than once per week, divide the amount (total ppm) for the week by the number of feedings that you want to give them to calculate the ppm per feeding. A light cycle of plain ph adjusted water prior to commencing a new week’s feeding schedule will help prevent lock out conditions."

Would be nice if they made this a bit more clear on their nutrient calculators!! @#%$#$%^& !!

3+,the new 2+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users