• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Worms on buds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tgriz

Tgriz

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalif, USA, Central Valley

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hello, im new to this forum group. I just found small green/black worms on my buds last night. Was wondering if able to spray with SAFER worm product at this time. My colas are quite large and getting heavy with crystals of THC. I need help please. I grow for two friends who have MS and dont want to take the chemical meds for the disease that the doctors prescribe.

I dont have time to sit out there and pick off the worms as I work full time. My friends who i grow for are not able to do so either on a daily basis. Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me some suggestions.

Tgriz

#2 MVTF

MVTF

Stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSO CAL

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

He Brotha, I have the same problem. I try and open up the cola's and look deep inside to find them. I get really lucky early in the morning.
But I am with you. I don't want them to even be there in the first place. I was told that you can use a good pesticide made for vegetables and garden plants so long as you don't use it within 2 weeks of tour harvest. I had reservations about it at fist, however it really did work.

Do you even know how they get there? Is it some kind of caterpillar from the eggs of moths'?

good luck brotha and keep in touch ya

MVTF

#3 Tgriz

Tgriz

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the response back and your advice for spraying. Im heading out to hand pick for now, sunday, I have time today. PS. Female here. Be well!

Tgriz

#4 Irie

Irie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationLat. 34

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

I am with you this last week in the caterpillar attack. I've gone out every morning and evening this past week and have been getting rid of em' by hand. After 50 I quit counting. Like MVTF said you can see basically where they're at if they're in a bud because it dies away around them as they eat from the inside of the bud. Otherwise I look at the plants for a while and spot those little bastards crawling around. I choose to do it this way cause I won't spray chemicals on my bud. I like to squeeze them between my fingers and make em' pop!

#5 Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard

Carpal Tunnel

• GlobalModerators
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationState of being

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I would not spray anything on my budz!!!!!!!

pick them off by hand. You will find they prefer one strain over others. If you are growing all the same strain well that's a different story...

The eggs come from moths, the moths usually lay on a full moon or near a full moon. A good bug Zapper somewhere near the garden is helpful but will not totally eliminate the worms. I kinna look at it like that is how I paid my "taxes" to the worm tax. Ya won't get them all, but look at it this way. when ya have to pick them off by hand it makes ya spend more time with ya plants... hehehe

Just my 2 cents worth hope it helps.

Self appointed referee of the universe
POI, peace beyond all understanding

#6 MSMomma

MSMomma

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hi there,
Found this maybe it will help idk? Worth a shot I suppose.

When we control pests naturally we take advantage of the checks and balances nature has already had in place for millions of years. For instance, if you have lots of holes in your cabbage, broccoli, or cauliflower leaves and regularly see lovely white butterflies hovering around them, it's likely the Imported Cabbage Butterfly is rearing her children on your precious crops. The natural controls for the small, green caterpillars that are doing the damage can be to plant a few parsley, cilantro (coriander), celery, or carrot plants close to the affected plants and allow them to bloom. The nectar and pollen rich flowers of these plants will draw a wonderful little beneficial insect called Trichogramma to the area. The adult female Trichogramma will lay eggs on or in the caterpillars and once the larvae hatch they eat the caterpillar from the inside out. Another one of Nature's tools is a bacterium that paralyzes the caterpillar. Bt or Bacillus thuringiensis specifically attacks many caterpillar species and is a very effective and commonplace product in most garden centers. If you want to speed up the predation of your pest caterpillar population you can purchase Trichogramma from many nurseries and online insectaries. Trichogramma work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep your plants free of caterpillar pests.

#7 Tgriz

Tgriz

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

I had heard about the BT --Bacillus Thurengenis. Ill have to look into that more to see how to disperse it, where to get it.

Next year i shall also grow some cilantro, and other plants nearby our lovely herb garden for protection. I was out this morning checking and trimming the yellow large leaves and didnt see any worms. I did see a dead one on one of the leaves. So hopefully the ones that were there have lived their life and decided to drop dead!.

Great info MSmamma!

Tgriz

#8 MrBlueSeed

MrBlueSeed

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationDark Side of The moon

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

They eat my tomatoes! and last week i found
one that had eatin all of the leaves off my
pepper plant and started eating the peppers.

lol. Damn moths.

Nothing i type is true. ;/

#9 MSMomma

MSMomma

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

I have some pictures of the plants that I took today from Tgriz plants. I am having trouble uploading them. It says the file is too big and I dont know how to make it smaller

#10 rol1

rol1

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Use a Photoshop/Gimp type program to reduce the size(in pixels) and/or the color pallet till small enough. There are online tools for this also.

Some online photo storage sites don't keep your photos long, so many pics have been lost when their account lapses.

#11 MSMomma

MSMomma

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

Awesome! Ill check it out bigleaf

#12 BSW

BSW

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

These little bastards are hitting two of my strains. Snow Cup/Green Crack and Jack Herer. I have been picking them off through inspection for the last couple of days. Latril gloves and a nice pair of sissors work best. I have about 1 more week before I start harvest. Big ass buds! Keeping my fingers crossed. May end up cutting earlier. Would not recommend chemicals on them.

#13 humboldtcountyca

humboldtcountyca

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationhumboldt co,calif

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Pay someone say..{$>$$..?} what its worth to your time not having to worry bout it yet knowing its being done...?

#14 Tgriz

Tgriz

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

This is to all who wrote suggestions and replys. Thank you. I am doing what was suggested about the wormy buds that I have on my 4 plants of precious herb. It is so strange that the aroma seems to have been taken away as well since I noticed the worms. I dont see any more at all, but I can see where they have been from the little poopies. Dammit. Right now, I should be smelling the wonderful aroma from my chair here, but I dont. So i must have some very healthy worms out and about around my property. Im going to cut and hang on Wednesday. Well, Ill check for sure, but prolly will be harvesting by the end of the week. NExt year will be better for sure!

Thanks again to you all.

Tgriz

#15 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationOn the planets skin.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:09 AM

hey Ms mamma

welcome aboard always nice to see a nature nut on here lol. peace

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#16 McLovin'

McLovin'

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,543 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

These little bastards are hitting two of my strains. Snow Cup/Green Crack and Jack Herer.

may all your grows have worms, mites, aphids and mold you fucking troll

#17 JONNIE BANANAS

JONNIE BANANAS

Stoner

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • LocationOutside Chicago

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

This year to prevent mold I sprayed my buds with neem oil up to about 2 weeks before harvest to let rain wash out the neem. I find if using neem oil once a week in budding stage the plants dont get nearly as much mold or powderly mildew, but its also very humid in october here. I haven't noticed any difference in taste, smell or high after doing this for the first time this year so I will do that again.

Remember prohibition, It didn't work.