Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      14 Aug
    SeaWeed

Resins now LEGAL for patients in Canada thanks to the awesome work of Kirk Tousaw and Ted Smith with defendant Owen Smith! Congratulations Canada.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      11 Aug
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Rest In Peace Robin Williams.

Show comments (8)
View All Updates

Photo

DML has chapter of new book on pot coming out!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

http://store.innertr...TypeKeynames=04

"making the earth a common treasury for all, both rich and poor." Gerrard Winstanley; April 20, 1649

#2 kingAmongKings

kingAmongKings

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,442 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:12 AM

Very cool man.

Congrats.

Getting myself a copy.

#3 19.5

Old hand

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
DML has chapter of new book on pot coming out!

no thanks!!! i would rather read a pot book from someone successful, who actually grows and breeds pot...blogging does not make you a writer and smoking doesnt make you a pot expert. But hey this is your fantasy not mine.

#4 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

"i would rather read a pot book from someone successful, who actually grows and breeds pot..."

It's a book about history and medicine, not growing.

Given your constant display of ignorance in these forums, it's not surprising you're adverse to reading books about history.

"..blogging does not make you a writer "

My blogs are usually filled with citations and sourced evidence. Those things are what makes a historian. You should crack a history book once in a while ... it may make for more interesting discussions in these forums!

"making the earth a common treasury for all, both rich and poor." Gerrard Winstanley; April 20, 1649

#5 19.5

Old hand

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Quote:
My blogs are usually filled with citations and sourced evidence.

no they arent...they r filled with anti american sentiment and wikilinks.

Quote:
Those things are what makes a historian

do you have a degree in history?...then you are not a historian...youre a blogger who smokes weed...you can call yourself anything, it doesnt make it fact.

Quote:
You should crack a history book once in a while ... it may make for more interesting discussions in these forums!

ive cracked plenty of history books in college...and i have the degrees to prove it....what about you?

#6 kingAmongKings

kingAmongKings

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,442 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

Noone wants to hear your ignorant bullshit.

I don't believe that you have a degree in anything. I think the farthest you've ever made it is high school. Show us your degree otherwise. What school did you go to?

What school did you go to that made you knowledgeable enough to be able to reflect on what constitutes a Historian?

What's your interest in discrediting DML?

#7 Erica Robinson

Erica Robinson

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hey, just saw advance copies of The Pot Book (http://store.innertr...8-1-59477-368-6). Looks great! Congrats to DML (and to all the other multitude of contributors).

#8 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

"no they arent...they r filled with anti american sentiment and wikilinks."

Example?

"do you have a degree in history?...then you are not a historian..."

Not only are you wrong, you're too fucking lazy to google the definition of "historian":

Noun

* S: (n) historian, historiographer (a person who is an authority on history and who studies it and writes about it)
http://wordnetweb.pr...bwn?s=historian

Historian
a person who studies the past through researching and creating written documents
http://www.uwlax.edu...s/glossary.html

his·to·ri·an (h-stôr-n, -str-, -str-)
n.
1. A writer, student, or scholar of history.
2. One who writes or compiles a chronological record of events; a chronicler.
http://www.thefreedi...y.com/historian

I actually could not find a definition of historian that included mention of accreditation.

"...you can call yourself anything, it doesnt make it fact."

It's a fact that I can qualify for any definition of historian that you can produce. I've published more histories than most accredited historians. My first real history was about the Grasstown Police riots of 1971. I wrote that back in 1995. I've written one or two per year since then, not to mention over 100 High Society shows for Pot TV and 19 editions of Potshot magazine - most of them histories of one thing or another.

"ive cracked plenty of history books in college...and i have the degrees to prove it....what about you?"

Somebody gave you a degree in history and you don't even know the definition of historian?

I don't care much for accreditation. Let's read something you've written. I think you're a lying sack of seabird guano ... put up or shut up.

#9 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

Praise for The Pot Book:

“With marijuana legislation making headlines almost daily, The Pot Book’s timing is impeccable. It takes a candid look at all things cannabis from all angles: history, scientific research, medicinal use, our nation’s drug policy, myths, and misconceptions. I recommend this book as a comprehensive must-have guide for any library.

Andrew Weil, M.D., author of the bestselling 8 Weeks to Optimum Health and founder of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine

“Dr. Holland’s brilliant compendium of marijuana facts and cultural insights from the best medical minds and scientific researchers, while acknowledging the potential for abuse, makes a compelling case for cannabis as the most ancient, benign, and uplifting inebriant/sacrament/medicine humanity has ever known. Just say Know.”

Alex and Allyson Grey, artists and cofounders of the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors (CoSM)

“The most-up-to-date and reliable source of information on the exploding frontiers of cannabis science written by the top experts in the field. I highly recommend this book.”

Steven Hager, High Times creative director

“The Pot Book traces the secret history of marijuana, examines the disconnect between seventy years of prohibition and the American public’s personal attitudes toward pot, and offers a clear-eyed look at all the uses of cannabis, including the growing list of its widespread medicinal benefits. Consulting with the top experts in the field, Dr. Julie Holland presents the current science and makes a compelling case for the need for further research, unencumbered by anti-drug hysteria, as well as an immediate change to our nation’s puritanical drug laws.”

John Dioso, deputy managing editor of Rolling Stone

“The Pot Book reveals the truth about cannabis in one timely, evenhanded volume. Dr. Julie Holland has brought together the top experts discussing every aspect of this persistently misunderstood plant. The Pot Book is now the best single source for information and insights on marijuana.”

Neal M. Goldsmith, Ph.D., author of Psychedelic Healing

“Dr. Julie Holland has assembled a virtual dream team of cannabis experts for this marijuana magnum opus.”

Steve Bloom, publisher of CelebStoner.com, coauthor of Pot Culture and Reefer Movie Madness, and former editor of High Times

“Are you a lover or hater of the pot world? In either case this book is for you, if you want to be enlightened. I knew the book was a winner as soon as I held it and felt the good vibrations. Read it and tell your friends.”

Tommy Chong, comedian, actor, and cannabis activist

#10 Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

"ive cracked plenty of history books in college...and i have the degrees to prove it....what about you?"

Scan and post your degree or it never happened!

"Hey your not fooling me.
I've seen Trailer Park Boys."
-- Sorros

#11 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

"Scan and post your degree or it never happened!"

Any fuckwad with enough tuition money can get a degree.

I wanna read what he wrote - being able to argue intelligently about meaningful things is the difference between an academic and a careerist poser drug-peace forum troll.

#12 morbo3

morbo3

Old hand

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • LocationHOPPING MAD Collection Agency 10 Sheepdip Ct. Sydney, N.S.Wales Australia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

Scan and post your degree or it never happened!

I was not aware the bible counted as a factual history book .

#13 davidmalmolevine

davidmalmolevine

Ganja God

• Members
  • 21,771 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

"I was not aware the bible counted as a factual history book."

I doubt this guy even read the bible. In fact, with the way he argues, I'm doubtful he's read anything more than the price tag on his beer in the last 20 or 30 years.

#14 Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

"Any fuckwad with enough tuition money can get a degree."

You know, that is not entirely true.
If you do well enough, they refuse to cash your tuition cheques!

-- Sorros

#15 morbo3

morbo3

Old hand

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • LocationHOPPING MAD Collection Agency 10 Sheepdip Ct. Sydney, N.S.Wales Australia

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

I wish robin would learn to fucking use the quote! it makes not missing part of or a post to easy

although a nice shot davo!!!

computers don`t argue ,technical manuals don`t lie and i don`t drink

I read lots ,, just what is of interest too me

my comment was totally directed at robin

morbo backs away from the canadian insanity ,closes the door slowly

#16 Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

"morbo backs away from the canadian insanity ,closes the door slowly"

Australia: Where they wear hats on their feet!

-- Sorros

#17 morbo3

morbo3

Old hand

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

Australia: Where they wear hats on their feet!

Reductio ad absurdum

#18 Sir Robin the Fisherman

Sir Robin the Fisherman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

I think you Aussies reduced yourselves to absurdity by wearing hats on your feet.

universitatis is the proper Latin word for corporation. (8 Mod. 164)

#19 blue skies

blue skies

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationErycinian Highland

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

mr. sir robin, don't you realize how difficult it is to find any marijuana resource based on fact? some books are backed by prohibitionists. those books will slant the information in a manner fitting their cause. some books are backed by anti-prohibitionists. again, bias leans this way too. someone who takes the time to gather fact based research and organize the information in such a way so i (a layman) can understand should be applauded. we should hold books like this up so the world can see and use them. fact based books should be used as a gauge against what all others are measured.

i haven't read the book yet, but i have been reading mr. levine's posts for a few years.
he is a rational, well spoken person. i believe his professional writing will be just as thourough.

-blue skies

#20 Sir Robin the Fisherman

Sir Robin the Fisherman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Well, the bible mentions cannabis positively, so it is OK. But other books are great, too!

universitatis is the proper Latin word for corporation. (8 Mod. 164)