Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    SeaWeed

A couple crazy men do not a terrorist attack make - but it is a great platform to take a few more freedoms, for 'securities sake'

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

HOW TO MAKE BUDDER WAXY not solid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

i have made butane budder several times but still have trouble turning from a stiff oil into a wax like crumbly texture... any suggestions that wont just solidfy into a hard rock?

#2 Aqualungs

Aqualungs

Stoner

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

I'll make this easy, not my video but has everything you need to know.

#3 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

if ur trim isnt goodd enough it wont whip up solid make sure to remove all water leaves and use good butane

#4 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

i have tryed the method in the video and no matter how long i leave on the heat it does not turn the the texture in the video buut instead goes hard and brittle. in the video he says that the lighter the colour the quicker it solidifies and that indica and sativa have different rates... i used bone dry kush bud and it either is a thick thick oil or it turns to rock...

it whips up solid, but not the ideal texture.... any other suggestions?

#5 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

i use glass tube silk screen and boiling water didnt watch the vid but it u heat ur wax up to much its gonna be oily

#6 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

is boiling water not too hot ? i didnt use much heat at all, i used a heating pad on low, then medium then hot and it is just making it into candy....
i just used coffee filter and temped water in a plastic bottle.

i have done it befor with different strains and it worked but every time i use kush it does not work as well

#7 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

i use BOILING hot water it works every time (unless the trim isnt off top shelf meds)also anything but a piece of 110 silk screen is unacceptable for my filter

#8 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

i have had it work befor with a coffee filter and ronson butaine and all my buddies seem to be able to do it but when ever its kush it cooks dark instead of solid ... next time i will try a sativa dominant and seee....

#9 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

i made some of the dryest wax from kushes IMO its the coffee filter like i said 110 silk screen lets thru a bit more "solids" than a coffee filter

#10 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

when you say solids you are talking more thc then the oils correct? and is 110 the measurement of micron ? where would i get a 110 silk screen?

and if you dont mind a quick step by step to see where we differ in methods..?

i spray with ronson butaine through some pvc pipe into a pyrex pan
and use warm to hot tap water in a second container which i place the pyrex into and then whip. but i have only successfuly cooked it into the crumbly wax once. have you ever had it not work and any idea of why ? cause when ever i introduce any sort of heat it goes dark and more glossy

#11 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

when you say solids you are talking more thc then the oils correct? and is 110 the measurement of micron ? where would i get a 110 silk screen?

and if you dont mind a quick step by step to see where we differ in methods..?

i spray with ronson butaine through some pvc pipe into a pyrex pan
and use warm to hot tap water in a second container which i place the pyrex into and then whip. but i have only successfuly cooked it into the crumbly wax once. have you ever had it not work and any idea of why ? cause when ever i introduce any sort of heat it goes dark and more glossy

1. You can get 110 silk screen from some hobby shops.
2. I've read Ronson is one of the dirtiest butane out there.
3. Chemicals can be leeched from PVC piping using things like butane or alcohol, meaning, your oils are being contaminated.

What is the diff. between his oral temp. and rectal temp?

#12 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

hm i will try calibre and a glass tube next time, although i have seen it work with plastic and ronson, but in your opinion(s) could the quality of the product be determined by what the product was fed during its growth?

#13 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

i use mega 5x or king 5x depends what they have and i use a glass tube spray into pyrex put that into lasagna pan full of BOILING HOT water whip until it stops bubbling usually 30-45 minutes but some strains chunk up immediately the summer heat helps

#14 Zion

Zion

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

have you ever had it not chunk up and just stay running or go hard ?

#15 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

yep if the trim is shitty it stays runny. hard? u mean like brittle and sticky melts when u touch it shit? thats from bad trim too

#16 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Zion

yep if the trim is shitty it stays runny. hard? u mean like brittle and sticky melts when u touch it shit? thats from bad trim too

You should believe this guy, since he just contradicted himself.

#17 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: biglungs

obviously u missed the question buddy he wants to make his "oil" into "earwax" which is dry and crumbly he doesnt want it to be oily or brittle which is what happens when u have top shelf trim that hasnt been pulled early. shitty trim will make brittle hard shit that turns to goop when u touch it best to store in the fridge. shitty trim pulled early makes goopy runny shit period but dont listen to me if u dont want to i dont know shit about making hash or anything

#18 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: CannadianxGrower
Originally Posted By: biglungs

obviously u missed the question buddy he wants to make his "oil" into "earwax" which is dry and crumbly he doesnt want it to be oily or brittle which is what happens when u have top shelf trim that hasnt been pulled early. shitty trim will make brittle hard shit that turns to goop when u touch it best to store in the fridge. shitty trim pulled early makes goopy runny shit period but dont listen to me if u dont want to i dont know shit about making hash or anything

Yea... I must have missed the question...

#19 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

Yea... I must have missed the question...

whatever buddy unless u have some insight into making oil wax up kindly step the fuck on

#20 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I've yet to even attempt this, have yet to even put my BHO tube to use, strongly considering not using it all.

I can however say the info you've posting here is useless thus far.