Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Cleaning an Iolite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JDVS

JDVS

Stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

Anyone got some great ways to clean the Iolite hand held vaporizer? I find the bowl gets really packed with plant matter after a few uses and its hard to scrape out with the screen in there. I've taken it all apart and soaked it for a few days and it still does not come clean. Anyone find a great way to clean theirs effectively?

#2 Oby San

Oby San

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

Alcohol or Cooking oil ( as thc is fat soluable )on a Q-tip should work just fine. Put the pieces in hot water before if your really serious about getting it clean. Put them in hot water again to make sure any alcohol residue is washed away.

Vaporize !

#3 smokum

smokum

Old hand

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationCannaDuh

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

I have two parts rigs and will just disassemble and let one soak in ISO-Prop alc and give them a shake now and again until I'm near needing a fresh start again.

I'll then just Q-tip the crevices, run a pipe cleaner thru the tubes, then drop all the pieces into a cup of distilled water and stir them around, then dry them out.

Works for ME !

-Greg

SOME people just need a sympathetic pat.......

ON THE HEAD...

WITH A HAMMER !!!

#4 JDVS

JDVS

Stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Thanks guys.

Peace and Pot.

#5 gvdunk

gvdunk

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Recently I discovered that cleaning the filling chamber and mesh screen can be done without disassembly.

Materials needed:

Household lye, NOT draino. Likely available at your local Ace Hardware

Stainless steel pot, DO NOT use aluminum!

Directions:

Unscrew the mouthpiece from the filling chamber, then remove the filling chamber from the black plastic part which attaches to the vaporizer.

Place the metal filling chamber in your stainless steel pot, add water to cover the filling chamber. Add 1 teaspoon of lye to the water, exercising caution as described on the lye container label.

Bring the water to a boil on a stove, turn off the heat and allow to sit for several minutes.

Rinse in cold water. Inspect the filling chamber, if you still have gummy residue in the screen, repeat the above steps.

Allow filling chamber to dry then reassemble your vaporizer and enjoy.

I have found that I no longer need to remove the screen from the filling chamber and do not risk losing associated parts.

Good luck.

#6 Doobie Brother

Doobie Brother

Ganja God

• Super Moderator
  • 7,110 posts
  • LocationThe G.W.N.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

I just toss my bits into some iso...wait a few days, rinse, done.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan