Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      09 Nov
    Dove

Dessert then Dinner. Nothing wrong with that.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      07 Nov
    captainjoint

Captain Joint's answer letter to the FBI-Sgt Scott E. Haley

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      05 Nov
    SeaWeed

Three new legalized states and one legalized district! WTG USA.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      03 Nov
    adrok

Something special about smoking your own freshly cured buds.. The experience is far more satisfying..

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Fungus??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 larrys_one

larrys_one

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Locationright here

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

Anybody know what this is? It's been pretty wet here. I wondered if that's what's up.

Attached Files

#2 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

hmmm it's kinda hard to see, has it been windy? and what have the temps been like? It could be some kind of deficiency but not sure. we need more info please. as many environmental conditions as possible.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

3e7f0608-bf1c-4c4e-bfb3-338191c3dc65_zps

#3 larrys_one

larrys_one

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Locationright here

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

Will get a better pic up soon. It's been mostly hot, humid and wet. 90ish with high humidity, but we've had about 4x the rain as usual. not overly windy. all lower leaves are getting affected.

#4 Socco Puppetski

Socco Puppetski

Stoner

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Locationgold country

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

Anybody know what this is? It's been pretty wet here. I wondered if that's what's up.

Looks like septoria leaf spot Larry.

Hemp diseases

Attached Files

Prisons are built with stones of law; brothels with bricks of Religion.

#5 larrys_one

larrys_one

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Locationright here

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

So... what's septoria leaf spot? Causes, cures, prevention, etc.
2 more pics of leaves in different stages. Thanks for any imput.

Attached Files

#6 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

That is kinda what it looks like. you can control it with fungicides, just go to your local garden center and see what fungicides they have. ones that contain copper from what i've been reading to help you out. says the ones containing fixed copper help. hope this helps you.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

3e7f0608-bf1c-4c4e-bfb3-338191c3dc65_zps

#7 Socco Puppetski

Socco Puppetski

Stoner

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Locationgold country

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

So... what's septoria leaf spot? Causes, cures, prevention, etc.
2 more pics of leaves in different stages. Thanks for any imput.

Hemp Diseases

Yellow leaf spot - Septoria cannabis

Septoria is hopping from species to species like the Mosaic virus. But Septoria can be dealt with.

To manage this disease, remove the infected leaves to reduce inoculum levels (burn them). Because leaf moisture is essential for infection to occur, increase air circulation around the foliage by properly spacing plants (and removing volunteer seedlings) to prevent over-crowding. As with other foliar disease problems, avoid overhead watering. Fungicides containing chlorothalonil or copper* may protect new growth and reduce the spread of the disease. Preventative applications of fungicides should begin in early to mid June prior to the onset of symptoms.

Immunox, which is now sold as Spectracide would work, but I personally would be reluctant to use it. I use sulfer or copper spray, and I trim until it hurts. Every single affected leaf needs to be removed, and you need to remove all of your bottom branches to create a good air flow. Make sure that you also mulch really good, because splashing soil from rains is a vector for disease.

Spray religiously every 7 days until you see improvement, then switch over to neem oil when you get a handle on the disease. sulfur will make your buds taste horrible, so you need to switch to neem oil asap.

#8 larrys_one

larrys_one

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Locationright here

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the info, socco. Guess i'll be getting rid of MORE of my 2010 crop. Nuts!

#9 Socco Puppetski

Socco Puppetski

Stoner

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Locationgold country

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the info, socco. Guess i'll be getting rid of MORE of my 2010 crop. Nuts!

I think you'll be OK. If you "lolly-pop", you will increase air-flow, but you will also increase production of the growing tops and branches. In the end, the pile of buds will be smaller, but the weight will be the same or greater. Just be ready to "crutch" your branches, because the buds will get huge and heavy!

#10 ShaggnCana

ShaggnCana

Stoner

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationOver-there

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Not trying to jack your thread but I have some pictures of the Septoria leaf spot a,d another one that i'm not sure what it is, some help would be appreciated smile

Not sure what this is

Better to have and not need, then need and not have!!

#11 browndirt2010

browndirt2010

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hey there I joined this forum because I have the exact same problem as the previous post. I have a guerilla grow and everything was looking LOVELY until i checked last week, all new growth is ,wilted and some show dark purle and just plain depressing just like the previous picture. I don't know if this is a disease or too much nutrients or too little. Ive been using Pure Blend Pro Grow for Veg and used Pure Blend Bloom for the first time when I saw this problem as well as Advanced Nutrients Fall but definately used less than required. This problem just seemed to happen during preflower and even caused two of my feminized girls to hermie. Any suggestions?

#12 browndirt2010

browndirt2010

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

edit: Advanced Nutrients Summer, not Fall.