Organic Gardener

Name your tea

Below is my fermented plant juice. It's a high nitrogen water soluble completely natural concentration.

FPJ is made from equal parts plant material and brown sugar or molasses. I heard one guy say brown sugar is superior to molasses when making this because the brown sugar creates osmotic pressure helping to extract the essence of the plant, but I don't if that's true or not.

At any rate, it's good to use tender growth from indigenous plants in the Spring time. Reduce them to small pieces and mix them together by hand with the brown sugar until you have a brown, goopy mess. You preferably keep the mixture in a glass container covered lightly and ferment for 10 days or so, periodically stirring the mixture. At the end of this period you'll have an alcoholic mash that you can strain. Dilute one teaspoon into an entire gallon.

In the mixture below I also added some mashed up bananas, absent the skins.

I like to use this as a foliar spray and a soil drench.

post-76590-0-24006100-1436941367_thumb.j

post-76590-0-29419400-1436940257_thumb.j

High N guano has more N than P, while high P guano has more P than N.  High N bat guano comes from meat (insect) eating bats and high P bat guano comes from fruit eating bats.  And then there is seabird guano that is just about balanced across the NPK board.

• Upvote 3

i have been using fermented banana/coffee ground water and it had been doing okay i dont have the money for the expensive fertilizers i was also thinking of taking some worms and tossing them in the soil, i saw a video from mendo dope where the guy was reusing his soil adding some things but mainly used worms in his soil for aeration and constant food, what are everybody's  thoughts on them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matth420 said:

used worms in his soil for aeration and constant food, what are everybody's  thoughts on them?

I have them in my pots never see them but they can only do good. You should grow some clover in your pots with the cannabis it puts nitrogen back into the soil. Just make sire the worms have plenty to eat if you trim leaves off put them in the pot and the worms will eat them.

• Thanks 1