Curtman

Mail for Marc!

117 posts in this topic

This morning I was reading about Jodie's visit with Marc yesterday. Marc needs mail, so I think we should get him some.

Some friends and I came up with an idea where we approach the head shops in our communities and ask them if we can put a box on the counter somewhere that people can drop letters into, and donate stamped envelopes if they want.

markmail.th.png

A draft of a poster

Anyone have any comments or suggestions, spot any errors or omissions?

What we have done on our forum. We had a seed contest where folks were encouraged to mail Marc. Their username was put into a hat and the one that was pulled won the contest.

This morning I was reading about Jodie's visit with Marc yesterday. Marc needs mail, so I think we should get him some.

Some friends and I came up with an idea where we approach the head shops in our communities and ask them if we can put a box on the counter somewhere that people can drop letters into, and donate stamped envelopes if they want.

markmail.th.png

A draft of a poster

Anyone have any comments or suggestions, spot any errors or omissions?

Here's what one local company The Vancouver Seed Bank and Toker's Lounge is doing in the mail to Marc project....

Doesn’t matter where you are Canada or the States

any community minded cannabis small business with access to the public

and a postage department can offer this kind of opportunity.

Thank you Vancouver Seed Bank for your generous help with this idea!

The Vancouver Seed Bank and Tokers' Lounge

We want to send more letters to Marc Emery!

All visitors to our lounge and garden will be given some stationary and granted free access to the lounge every time they write a letter to Marc - and we'll pay the postage!

Come by 872 East Hastings St. in Vancouver and start writing to Marc!

The Vancouver Seed Bank and Tokers' Lounge

People can even bring by letters they've written, we make daily post office trips, so it's no problem to add the postage and send them off everyday!

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10728

PS

Marc's current mailing information:

I'm sure he would like to get some letters from home.

MARC SCOTT EMERY 40252-086

FDC SEATAC FEDERAL DETENTION CENTER

P.O. BOX 13900

SEATTLE, WA

post-603-138579655158_thumb.jpg

That's awesome VSB! Thanks for posting this Franny!

Thanks Fran for steering me back here. I hope Marc enjoys the post cards we're sending. It ain't much but it can brighten up his room or he can use them for book markers!

Hope everyone is sending Marc a little written encouragement. blessings.

It would be lovely if the dispensaries here in California had free stationary and postage for American Cannabis patients wanting to write Marc...I'll suggest it at my dispensary today, but I wonder how I could get the message to the hundreds of other collectives and dispensaries?

It would be lovely if the dispensaries here in California had free stationary and postage for American Cannabis patients wanting to write Marc...I'll suggest it at my dispensary today, but I wonder how I could get the message to the hundreds of other collectives and dispensaries?

any Americans out there kow how to make or get a list of the local clubs to approach in your areas?

sounds like a thread for the activists to rock....

Maybe we can put together a drop box and offer stationary to attendees of our card holder meetings. I know of some wonderful people that are great letter writers that attend. Let me run it by everybody and see what they say.

Originally Posted By: Cat

any Americans out there kow how to make or get a list of the local clubs to approach in your areas?

sounds like a thread for the activists to rock....

Use the list at the bottom of this page to find local dispensaries near you:

http://www.canorml.org/prop/cbclist.html

There is also a "locator list" for clubs at the top pf the page, but it didn't seem to work too well IMHO - none of my local clubs were found, though they all did appear in the actual printed list, organized by region.

Unfortunately, the California cannaclub landscape changes so rapidly these days this list might be slightly out of date. Be sure to phone ahead before trying to visit clubs, just to double-check they're still in operation at the same location.

I read the poster and now understand the issue better I guess; Marc is in solitary confinement, and reading mail is about his only outside contact or entertainment. What a bummer !

I'd like to write from here in Canada; I don't think I'd use my real address as I don't wish to end up on any US lists. I guess I could use "general delivery" at a post office, or perhaps the address of city hall or something.

What's the rule about "Do not write about illegal activities" ? Would they trash any such mail ? So I can't write that I toke, or that I grow or grew years ago ?

But could I write about the illegal activities of the G20 Black Blok, or of the "allegedly illegal activities" of the police at G20 Toronto ? That's just news, and I'd presume I could attach newspaper clippings of the event. I don't know if newspaper clippings can have photos attached.

Hand-written or hand-typed letters only ? ! Does that mean a real old fashioned typewriter, and that a computer printed letter is not allowed ? Yet, I'd guess that a laser printed letter is virtually indistinguishable from "hand-typed".

I'm happy to write, and I encourage others to do so, but I just hope the rules can be clarified so we don't waste our time and effort to a prison trashcan. Of course they could likely change the rules at any time or make new ones, especially given the previously unknown "violation" that put him in solitary.

Bump !

Does anyone know who can answer my questions ? Thanks !

Great Question for an even GREATER CAUSE. Great Idea! Will be in today to vape and drop off a letter to Marc. Will make a point of writing often now. Thank you.

If you haven't checked it out already http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2010/05/22/Send-Marc-Mail-SeaTac-FDC has the rules for posting. Also what I am doing with my letter is numbering each page out of (x) that way Marc will know if some of your pages are missing. It really doesn't matter what you write him, cause even writing to Marc and saying Hi Marc, be well, we support you or something to that effect shows that you care. Jail is a horrible place and even the smallest gesture of support matters, especially if we all do it. Marc fought for us, we can fight for him to.

I think that means no FLYERS or promotional type literature. But its just a guess.

I've been passing the word at collectives here in California. What I need now however, is Marc's current mailing address, as I've read that he's recently been moved to the U.S.

Is it posted somewhere? Does anyone have it?

Thank you, found it just after I posted, via your post above.

Mailing address:

Marc Scott Emery #40252-086 Unit DB

PO Box 13900

FDC SeaTac

Seattle, Washington

98198-1090

USA

Thank you again! ( :

Just to clarify...

I guess Marc is no longer in isolation ? But still appreciates mail ?

Does anyone know if he has internet access ?

Read his blogs for full details, they linked from the front page. He is out of solitary, and his only Internet access from what the blogs say, is a prison only email service. Write him, he's got nothing better to do. laugh

Just to clarify...

I guess Marc is no longer in isolation ? But still appreciates mail ?

Does anyone know if he has internet access ?

He is in the general population again

and uses the prison systems email provider Corlinks which you have to register to use then he accepts you and if the prison system says your OK, then you too can corespond that way till then snail mail is the way to go, yes he appreciates every letter he gets!

Hey All: I just received reply Mail from Marc! It was dated July 4 and he's in fine form! I can almost hear his voice thanking me for writing those Pirates on the Hill and encouraging me to tell everyone to Keep up the Fight until Marc is Repatriated to Canada!

Marc's been receiving letters and is trying to keep up replying back to us all!

I've been sending him some post cards too, just a few lines to give encouragement and something to maybe hang on the wall or use as book marks.

Send Marc a letter or a post card today! blessings.

I was thinking that maybe whenever I come across an interesting article on the internet, I could print it out and mail it. Whatever interesting or even amusing stuff I come across, in hopes of helping Marc kill some time in what can't be the most pleasant of environments.

I was reading the article that talks about the mailing rules. In the rules, it says that only one newspaper or magazine article can be included in a letter. It also says that letters must be either hand written or hand typed.

So, what I'm not sure of are the following two things. First, are internet articles that are not clipped out of hard copy publications included in the one-article rule? For instance, what if I copy and paste a few different articles into one Word document and print that out? That brings me to the second question. Does hand typing mean that one has to do it manually on an old style typewriter? I'm thinking probably not, but I want to ask anyways and make sure.

Does hand typing mean that one has to do it manually on an old style typewriter? I'm thinking probably not, but I want to ask anyways and make sure.

I wondered about that too, but came to conclusion that "hand typed" on a computer keyboard is fine. I'd guess they don't want to have to spend time screening spam type mail.

Based on that, and that I'd guess they don't want to have to read/monitor hundreds of pages, putting too much copy and pasted text from articles might piss off the mail reading "screw"s.

Pissing off the screws would certainly work against the intended result of making Marc's time there more pleasant. I think I'll limit them to the one-article rule just in case. smile