• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

leaf deformities

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

our plants are putting out lots of leaves with only the three large fingers, no little side fingers, anyone know if this is the strain or is our lighting wrong?

#2 Panama Red

Panama Red

Stoner

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

You probably just need to be patient. The lighting and environment have nothing to do with the number of blades on the leaves. That's genetically programmed.

Seedlings start with a single bladed leaf, then differentiate to 3 blades, then to 5 or 7 blades, then possibly to 9 or more blades.

Once they start flowering, they will regress to single bladed leaves within the buds that only progress to become larger multiple bladed leaves if needed by the plant.

#3 jh_blazin

jh_blazin

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida U.S.A.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:55 AM

unless it is just the first couple nodes like panama red described it could be a mutant. Ill have to search through all my old pics from my last grow to try and post some. we had a mutant in the bunch and it was interesting watching it grow. Besides for the off number of blades it grew normally and produced delicious tasting budds!

If you don't like my fire, Then don't come around, 'cause I'm gonna burn one down! -Ben Harper

#4 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

well, now they have gone to single blade leaves, Ph 6.5 water, fertalized and going very very fast in 18-24 hr light. totally in veg state but leaves are so odd. Will try and get a pic if I can figure out how to add one. lol

#5 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

I have great pics of these plants that have tripled in size and gone from 5 to 3 now single finger leaves, the bigger they are in veg the more inferior the leaves.
HOW DO I post a pic.

#6 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

Boy am I having trouble with this site, wanted to post three pics, did the tiny pic thing added my pics but it only showed one pic. Anyway, the bigger our plants get the less advanced the leaves are, from 5-3-now one finger, single leaves. Help

#7 koedkiller

koedkiller

Journeyman

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

Iv got an Afgan indica that dose the same thing have grown it many times many ways i have 1 pheno that has full size leaves that unroll out of a little green ball on the stem
All these things become less noticeable as u go in to flowering

#8 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Another bit of info on these "deformed" plants, when we got them 3 and a half weeks ago, they were starting to go into flower mode, hairs, we put them in 18 hr high pressure sodium light and over this three week period they went from 5 to 3 and now single blade leaves yet tripled in size.

#9 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Another bit of info on these "deformed" plants, when we got them 3 and a half weeks ago, they were starting to go into flower mode, hairs, we put them in 18 hr high pressure sodium light and over this three week period they went from 5 to 3 and now single blade leaves yet tripled in size.

#10 compassionfarmer

compassionfarmer

Journeyman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

From my experience stress can cause that and weak genetics can cause that too. Sometimes people take cuttings off of clones and take cuttings off of those cuttings until the point where the genetics get weak and plants only have 3 leafs.

I can't say 100% those practices are what led to the 3 leaf but I'm just putting two and two together.

#11 Bentov

Bentov

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hello Sherry,

Dont panic, all is well. It will take several weeks to fully revert back into vegetation. You will go from 5 blades to 3, then to 1. Then it will reverse, 1-3-5-7...

One thing that I like to do that seems to help speed up the process, is pick a couple of good branches to keep, then trim the rest off. This will concentrate the growth into the branches you choose. You can probably get some clones out of what you trim off as a bonus.

Hit them with a dose of good veg nutes, to give them a kick of nitrogen. I would go with a 50% load max.

The Truth Only Smiles

#12 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,892 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

From my experience stress can cause that and weak genetics can cause that too. Sometimes people take cuttings off of clones and take cuttings off of those cuttings until the point where the genetics get weak and plants only have 3 leafs.

I can't say 100% those practices are what led to the 3 leaf but I'm just putting two and two together.

clones of clones don't really lose anything there are people on these forums that have been going clone off clone off clone with no degradation of potency. they are an EXACT clone for a reason which is why we clone in the first place.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

b8c33551-3d59-4e0f-b455-706233958252_zps

#13 compassionfarmer

compassionfarmer

Journeyman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hmm, good to know. I was always weary of cloning off of clones and thought I had to keep a mother from original stock on hand. Thanks for the info.

#14 Organic Gardener

Organic Gardener

Organic Guru

• Members
  • 4,892 posts
  • LocationCannafornia

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

it's always good to keep a mom don't get me wrong. taking clones off of clones though is an ok practice since people trim their plants they can make clones off of those and not see a difference really in potency or anything. The mom just makes sure you always have clones.

Organic Mafia: California chapter

b8c33551-3d59-4e0f-b455-706233958252_zps

#15 Guest_hickorybill_*

Guest_hickorybill_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

hmmmm, interesting post. I've done reveg before and the reveg was better than the first growth.. keep it going Sherry. You may end up with some monsters! happydance

#16 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:01 PM

thanks for the reply, we did get these clones from someone else, who knows how many times they have been cloned.

#17 Sherry

Sherry

Stranger

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

thanks for the encouragement Hickorybill, will keep you posted, will go to flower stage after cloning, oops did I say that. lol