9 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckEChz

ChuckEChz

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:35 AM

Ive got a really nice SATIVA ,no name but has turned into sumpin pretty special! Really would like to get a couple a clones before its chop time! All the branchs have about golf ball sized nugs on the tips! Main question ,Do I snip the NUG off or leave it? Before going into a cloner,Will this work I looked around ,but didnt find this question asked ! IS there anybody outthere? Thanks in advance, ChuckEChz.

I Dont Sell it,I Dont like buying it,But I sure do LOVE to Smoke it!!!!

#2 Nozmirk

Nozmirk

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:42 AM

You'll need to re veg the plant.
If you clone a budding plant that far along I think you'll have nothing but trouble, and a budding clone.
That's not to say it can't be done, but I can't say I've ever seen it done that way.
Most harvest, and leave alot of the plant intact.
Then back under 18/6 or 24 hours of light with a veg regime for food.
Takes a shitload of time, but you can put a plant back in veg form.
Then clone.

.:[ a day without a buzz, is a day that never was ]:.
afghani / skunk #1 LED
afghani / skunk #1 HID

#3 ChuckEChz

ChuckEChz

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the info.I guess thats what ill have to do Preciate it CHUCK!

I Dont Sell it,I Dont like buying it,But I sure do LOVE to Smoke it!!!!

#4 potheadME

potheadME

Old hand

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

I have four clones going from day 38 of flowering.

My first batch of clones didn't make it because my pH pen was jacked up and I didn't know it.

I don't know if these clones will make it. I have my fingers crossed and am just waiting.

I'll try to remember to post to let everyone know what happens.

Just because this may work doesn't mean I am supporting it as a good practice, I just have a plant that I really like and the clones of it didn't make it. So I am kind of in a corner.

If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research would it?
-Albert Einstein

#5 Nozmirk

Nozmirk

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

I hope it works for you man. Best of luck.
In the event it doesn't at least you can try and revert the big ones.

afghani / skunk #1 LED
afghani / skunk #1 HID

#6 potheadME

potheadME

Old hand

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

I have my first root on a clone today.

If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research would it?
-Albert Einstein

#7 Rastaman

Rastaman

Old hand

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • LocationBlazing the fire from Israel

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

My first time cloning was from a plant 3 weeks into flower and all 4 clones did perfect.

#8 Johnny5

Johnny5

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten State

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

I agree with krimzon....reveg. Although I have done it at all stages. I actually prefer to take clones at 6-10 days in flower.

Life...what would it be like without some good ganja...

#9 wingding

wingding

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

Chuck,
Snip off all the well developed buds but leave just the very small scattered one's on the lower end of the plant- Take the shears and snip the main stalk right at the point the branches with the small undeveloped buds are.. Cut it low enough so all the new growth will make it easy to work with allow it to grow up into the light.. If you chop it high to begin with.. it will be up in the lights in no time.. especially if you dont have good height clearance.

You will then take the plant and set it in a fresh batch of prepared veg "grow" solution{Im figuring your hydro?}

Make sure the ph is between 6 to 7 but dont over fertilize. Under is better then over if anything..
Get your light on 18 and watch that plant make a comeback!

Here is one I harvested and want to keep for it's species.... when I put it back in the grow room it had a few sparce undeveloped bud clusters on the very bottom- There was little if any shade leaf. I chopped it about a foot in height.

I put it back in the "Grow ROOM" and after a few weeks it looks like this..Another two weeks and I will be harvesting clones GALORE!Notice it is full of shade leaf and too numerous clone clusters to count..

Photo is not to good but you get the idea..This is what to do if you want to save this tree and it's genetics.
Now under perfect conditions.. Snipping clones while the plant is in the vegetation state before you take it to the bloom room..
Rejuvenate because you want to keep this particular species. It is also good when you have a seed mother and want to bloom her out... Then bring her back to rejuvenate state to continue to perpetuate the species you like.The idea is to keep the "Mother seed Plant" and harvest clones from her rather then from a "Clone Mother"..... You are best off with the mother plant as your clone provider..But you also wish to bloom her out once at least.. I've done it 2 and three times most.
If you do not bloom out the mother even if you take plenty of clones.. eventually the mother plant becomes a monster to deal with.. Take advantage and bloom her out at least once..Then "Cut her back" ...But not OUT!

Attached Thumbnails

• Rejuvenated Plant after Bloom 002.jpg

There you go Man!
Keep as Cool as you Can
Face Piles of trials with Smiles

#10 Nozmirk

Nozmirk

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

ReVegging a plant is not a short process. It will cost money, time and alot of patience.
If you get your shit in order correctly there should be no need to reveg after this one time.
My afghani / skunk #1 has been a clone from day 1, and has continued that way for 6 years now. In the 6 years, I've had maybe 8 mothers. I bloomed them all out, and hundreds and hundreds of clones. The plant remains the same as it did on day 1.
I'm just not sure why anyone would want to put a plant through the stresses of a reveg but each to their own.
I will clone no more then 3 weeks into flower, and only if I fucked up and have no choice.
That plant I'm holding the competition for is like a 8th gen mother. She'll surprise you.

afghani / skunk #1 LED
afghani / skunk #1 HID

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users