• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Stealth Drying Cabinet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rounder

rounder

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

I finally built a drying cabinet, I looked for something to buy for a long time couldn't find what i wanted so I built it.

It has a fan attached to a small charcoal filter, that is on a 15 on 15 off timer, controls your humidity The intake is a dryer flap vent in the floor.

Since it is cold out right now I have a small heater in there attached to a thermostat and I keep it about 68- 71 and about 60% humidity.

The whole thing is sealed with silicone and the door has a foam gasket to eliminate smell when the door is closed.

Tell me what you think, what would you do different? I am always looking to improve my designs.

Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds -- Albert Einstein --

#2 rounder

rounder

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds -- Albert Einstein --

#3 rounder

rounder

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

#4 Johnny5

Johnny5

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten State

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

Man I think you did a real good job. I would leave it the way it is. If you run the filter/fan 24/7 would your humidity drop? Keeping it around 45 or so I would think would be more optimum. you don't want it to get any mold on them buds.

Life...what would it be like without some good ganja...

#5 rounder

rounder

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hey Johnny5,
I have use it to dry a run and the fan 15 min on and 15 min off seems to keep the humidity about right. You dont want your buds to get moldy but you do not want crunchy buds so you have to play with it a bit.

#6 Johnny5

Johnny5

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten State

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Yeap. Cool I am glad it works well.

How much can you fit in there?

I need to build one myself....just need the time.

Life...what would it be like without some good ganja...

#7 rounder

rounder

Journeyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

I have not used the full potential and only half of the shelves are built for it. It sure beats hanging it in your room and wasting 2 weeks till you can plant again, and no smell. It took about six hours to build with two guys.

#8 Synapses

Synapses

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationCanada, BC

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

fuck i got some leftover wood i believe i am going to have a build one of these laugh! Very impressive man but as johnny5 said I would have the fan on 24/7 for security reasons personally

Turn on, Tune in, Drop outleaf