• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

removing leaves during flowering

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tastybud

tastybud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:55 AM

I have heard people say that it hurts your plants and you shouldn't do it and others tell me it's ok to pull some leaves but not more than three or four. I would love some input from anyone here who has tried it or has an opinion.Does it increase or decrease yield? When should I start removing leaves,when should I stop removing leaves. And finally what leaves do I remove?

#2 puffinmeown

puffinmeown

Old hand

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationBroomfield CO

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

all very simple. only remove leaves that are dying. 50% yellow or more and the leave is using more energy than its producing. Typically the first to go are the big fan leaves. When you switch to flower nutes N is in short supply so the plants pulls it from the fan leaves and they go yellow. Regular flushing will prevent salt build-up and nute lock which can happen easily at this stage in the plants life. So if they all start to go yellow early in flower its a nute deffiency probably caused by nute lock. Ph is critical too as nute lock usually is a result of several factors. Ph test your water run off.

Grow marijuana, Sell It, Buy Gold!

#3 420Bob

420Bob

Stranger

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGone fishing

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

Thank you puffinmeown !! You just described exactly what happened to my current crop - now 1 week short of harvest - I usually flush at 4 week but got busy - won't happen again !!

Old Hippies never die - They just Puff Away

#4 smerro

smerro

Stranger

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Locationmedium world.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:12 AM

what if leaves removed on late vegging..i was asking if it would courage taller growth of top cola..
i have some details at http://forums.cannab...mp;#Post1619023
it's getting too for bottom and middle branches..and also i'm havinga a very thick stem..i thought still there should be time to stretch it some more.
what do you think
many thanks.

lord helps who help themselves. -diego armando m.

#5 TomatoPie

TomatoPie

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

It will get taller when you flower it.

The leaves are what makes the bud, and all of the plant grow. The goal of veg is to build mass, and leaves. If you remove all those leaves you may as well have skipped veg.

Thick stem is a great thing, when you flower, she will stretch out to her final proportions during the 2-3 first weeks.