• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Neem Oil for Powdery Mildew?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 stoopiddumbface

stoopiddumbface

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationKali

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hey peeps,
Is it harmful to rub straight neem oil on the leaves?
The reason I ask is I noticed a plant that had a thick coat of neem on it from a previous application hasn't been victimized by the PM so far. Most of the other plants have oil drop marks from the oil being sprayed but this one had a uniform shiny coat somehow,(maybe I mixed more neem than suggested that time?). Is this what has kept it safe from the PM?
SO...Is it a good idea? What does everyone think, I need to get rid of this stupid mildew.

I have fans, ventilation, and low humidity, I'm out of ideas

Rise Against

#2 Independence

Independence

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,750 posts
  • Location29th parallel

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

Before you do that, consider a spray made of 1 part milk to 9 parts water. I know it sounds crazy... it also works

#3 Creek

Creek

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

I used the skim milk spray in flower and it knocked it down. Milk is a really good fungicide.

#4 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationIf "Harper" has his way...JAIL

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Before you do that, consider a spray made of 1 part milk to 9 parts water. I know it sounds crazy... it also works

I'm 2 weeks from harvest and the mildew has showed up.

Is it safe to use milk mix now, I would really like to wipe it out before harvest if I could.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#5 mwmba

mwmba

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationStonerburgh

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

It's safe to use all the way to harvest. I'd go with skim milk, less solids to break down.

#6 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

It's safe to use all the way to harvest. I'd go with skim milk, less solids to break down.

What does the bud taste like when smoked if milk is used this close to the end or smell like, I would hate to have a bunch of bud that smells like sour milk.

I have used produces near the end before and all effect the taste.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#7 mwmba

mwmba

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationStonerburgh

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
I would hate to have a bunch of bud that smells like sour milk.
That's why I said I'd use skim products at this stage. There are less solids to break down, and no fat which is where the odor comes from. There is only the enticing smell of ripening marijuana buds.
Quote:
What does the bud taste like when smoked if milk is used this close to the end
Personally, I stop 3 days from harvest, and give the girls a clean shower on days 2 and 1 before harvest. In my experience, it doesn't change the taste...are the buds moldy or are they just getting collateral spray?

#8 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

The bud is ok, it's the sugar leaf that's got the powdery mildew. I will try the skim milk on them, nothing to loose at this point....1 Part milk to 9 parts water...Right.

How long before I see results? and how soon can I re-apply, if needed?

This is the last time I grow Diesel, nice medicine, but it gets every blite and bug known to man. I've grown Diesil for 3 crops, I've had Spider Mite, Thrips, and now Powdery Mildew. There's a Hashplant growing right beside it in the same room, and the HP plants are clean as a whistle. I say Good-Bye to Diesil, I've never had so much trouble with any one strain in all the years I've been growing.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

#9 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationMedical grow in USA

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:35 AM

Buddha, sometimes it is just that simple, the strain one is growing is subject to issues, so yes then it is time to switch strains. At least the mildew is not jumping plants, that would suck.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One
Smoke all the bud you can because tommorrow you might die.

#10 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Welllllllll Doggie...lol. happydance

I tried the milk thing on one plant this morning to check it out, just before lights out. I just checked the plant now and there's a big differance, the PM isn't all gone but cleaning up nicely and it's only been 12 hrs.

Tomorrow, just before lights out, they all get a milk bath. grin

Thank You Everyone
Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

#11 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Unbeleivible,

I did the milk treatment on all the Diesel plants just as I said this morning, just before lights out. I checked them tonight when lights came on. The differance is amazing, must have wiped out 80% of the Powdery Mildew problem in one night. I'm going to see how they are lights on tomorrow, I'm willing to bet dimes to dallors it's all cleaned up. I just hope the meds taste good...then I'm gold.

Thanks for the tip everyone...No more Sulfer for me.

I will pass this on to everyone I know at the grow shop.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

#12 CAnnabisCA

CAnnabisCA

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

Shouldn't you spray when the lights first come on and let the girls dry outside if you are trying to control fungus?

Spraying right before lights off will make your RH skyrocket.

#13 Synapses

Synapses

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationCanada, BC

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

your fans should still be running when the lights go out

turn on, tune in, drop outleaf

#14 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

Shouldn't you spray when the lights first come on and let the girls dry outside if you are trying to control fungus?

Spraying right before lights off will make your RH skyrocket.

Nope...That would fry the lot.

Yes, the RH would max out but the exhaust and supply fans are left on to control that. Once the plants dry out(about an hour), the RH returns to normal.

As I suspected 100% cleaned up by lights on within two days of spraying. If I ever have this happen again, I'm not going to panic, I'm just going to "Milk" my crop...LOL happydance.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

PS. I have since cropped out and the stuff looks great and taste fine.

#15 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

They were...Thanks

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

PS. I like your "Timothy Leary" quote.

#16 Synapses

Synapses

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationCanada, BC

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Synapses

They were...Thanks

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

PS. I like your "Timothy Leary" quote.

well thats good it all cleared up.

Dr. Leary is amazing!

#17 Island Gold

Island Gold

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMcDonalds Parking Lot

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

Can you show me a picture of the powdery mildew on the plant....i think i might have the same shit

MARITIMER FOR MARIJUANA

#18 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

Can you show me a picture of the powdery mildew on the plant....i think i might have the same shit

I don't have a camera.

It's spots from pine head size to an 1/8th of an inch in diamiter. They are whitish-brown in color. It looks like powder, and you can wipe it off.

Try the milk treatment...1 part milk to 9 parts water(great for flowering plants). Do it every couple days until the problems solved, when ever it comes back, hit it again. Also try and lower the humitity in the room.

If you are in veg, you can use a sulfer spray. But only if your plants are not flowering.

DO NOT USE SULFER ON FLOWERING PLANTS...IF YOU DO, YOUR BUD WILL TASTE LIKE SULFER...REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

#19 CAnnabisCA

CAnnabisCA

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:49 PM

Budda, how late in flower were your girls with the PM?

I have it week 7....

#20 wendy soliloquy

wendy soliloquy

Stranger

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location92227

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: IslandGold420

I don't have a camera.

It's spots from pine head size to an 1/8th of an inch in diamiter. They are whitish-brown in color. It looks like powder, and you can wipe it off.

Try the milk treatment...1 part milk to 9 parts water(great for flowering plants). Do it every couple days until the problems solved, when ever it comes back, hit it again. Also try and lower the humitity in the room.

If you are in veg, you can use a sulfer spray. But only if your plants are not flowering.

DO NOT USE SULFER ON FLOWERING PLANTS...IF YOU DO, YOUR BUD WILL TASTE LIKE SULFER...REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD.

Peace...Buddhasmiletoke

I've always used neem oil for spider mites, and powdery mildew, but have found that it burns the white hairs on some strains which totally fucks up the growth of the bud.

Does this milk method burn the hairs any?

Babbling made us to understand that livers never come back and blessed is the hand that quivers -