Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Cooking with Cannabutter: Temperature?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BCCPHC

BCCPHC

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

So I just picked up a 1/4 cup puck of cannabutter from the local dispensary.

I remember hearing once that for proper preparation, foods with cannabutter should be baked at low temperatures, like about 200 degrees Fahrenheit, instead of the usual 350 or 375 that most recipes call for.

Can someone shed light on this for me?

#2 TheGuy_Eh

TheGuy_Eh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

Cannabinoids are released or destroyed at higher temperatures.

What is the diff. between his oral temp. and rectal temp?

#3 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

yes but how does the food being baked at 200 degrees turn out ..must take longwer to cook or there must be a lot of half baked {no pun intended} brownies out there ..or atleast with soft middles ..

i understand the idea of the temps being to hi that it distroys the thc in it but when you make the butter dosnt it get to hot then and distroy the thc..i have been wanting to start cooking with weed ,but find it kinda confussing myself..

thanks for shedding any lite on this topic..

weedmen

250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#4 Scented Nectar

Scented Nectar

Stoner

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

I read somewhere to keep the baking below 400, and for stovetop prep, to a max of the boiling point of water.

I make the butter using the water method which keeps the temps at max simmering/low boil, and I bake with recipes that are up to 375.

The recipe I use to make the butter, as well as a bunch or recipes it can be used in, are at http://www.alphapot.com/bud-butter/

#5 kenny_canuck

kenny_canuck

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • LocationIn Nanna Bijou's Shadow

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

This cookie recipe is dynamite, requires no baking.

Peanut Butter Drops.

1/2 cup canna butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter

Add first 4 ingredients into sauce pan and bring to low boil for 3 minutes then, stir in peanut butter until well mixed and smooth, stir in oats until thoroughly coated. Remove from heat and use two spoons to spoon out onto waxed papered trays. Refrigerate. Make about 5 dozen spoon-sized cookies. One-two cookies will do you just right. Anti-inflammatory, sedative, appetitite stimulant.

FREE THE SEED TO MEET THE NEED.

#6 weedmen

weedmen

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,840 posts
  • Locationsomewere over the rainbow

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

awsome link SN..i added it to my faves ..and the cookies recipe i am writing down now kenny...thanks ..i love no-bakes ..

now is there any right amount of bud to butter ratio that should be followed ..i guess it would depend on wants and needs ..aye ..oh i see 28 grams to 1 lb of butter ..so an oz basicly to every pound of butter..i am making some butter as soon as i finish my next run ..thanks again..

great topic ..

weedmen

250K people die everyday,if everyone prayed everyday for them,250K people would still die everyday

#7 mercuryshadow09

mercuryshadow09

Stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:36 AM

For butter, bring 2 quarts water to a boil, add one pound butter, let butter melt and and let it come to a rolling boil, add 1 once of cannabis, let simmer for 3 to 4 hours There is a a lot of debate how long to simmer, some say an hour, the longer you let it simmer, the more THC you will extract, brownies are fine cooked at 400 degrees!

DOCSROCKBANDMODS.COM

"A friend with weed is a friend indeed!"

#8 muadhib

muadhib

Cult Leader

• Members
  • 1,825 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

I made these for the crew last harvest, using canna-oil instead of butter and substituted whole dry milk for the liquid version. They were a big hit after a rough day of trimming enabling solid rest for a frazzled bunch.

This cookie recipe is dynamite, requires no baking.

Peanut Butter Drops.

1/2 cup canna butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter

Add first 4 ingredients into sauce pan and bring to low boil for 3 minutes then, stir in peanut butter until well mixed and smooth, stir in oats until thoroughly coated. Remove from heat and use two spoons to spoon out onto waxed papered trays. Refrigerate. Make about 5 dozen spoon-sized cookies. One-two cookies will do you just right. Anti-inflammatory, sedative, appetitite stimulant.

surpassing the real, passing the surreal