Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    SeaWeed

A couple crazy men do not a terrorist attack make - but it is a great platform to take a few more freedoms, for 'securities sake'

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Doobie Brother

You ever notice how most Ford vehicle names are more fun when you put "anal" in front of them? Probe, Explorer, Excursion, Endeavor, Ranger, Focus...

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Need some advice... Need to find a new Dr.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 KingofCannibi$

KingofCannibi$

Stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hello so my problem is that I have my medical marijuana card which is great.. My problem is that the guy that set me up with the Dr. that would sign my papers made me sign a 2yr contract with him.. I want to be able to grow, not let someone else grow and charge me for my medicine.. I don't think the Dr. will sign for me if I am not in a contract with the guy...

I need to find another Dr. that will sign for me and not give my growers license away... Any suggestions??? I am from kamloops.B.C., Canada..

I have Severe Rhumatoid Arthritis if this helps?

#2 willieboy

willieboy

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationEast Coast of Canada

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

If I were you I wouldn't stand for that shit. Sounds like your Dr. and "grower" are in cohoots. I suggest that you complain (in writing) to the Health Canada/MMAR folks. I would also send a letter to the Provincial Medical Society and the Provincial Minister of Health. Your Dr. should not be doing this to you. It is not their role or duty, and it is way out of line.He should have no interest and nothing to do with your ability to grow yourself, or in who you choose to appoint to be your grower. My response would be to BITCH.

#3 KingofCannibi$

KingofCannibi$

Stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

Ok I understand what you are saying but... I tried to get my MMAR card from other Dr.s and they said NO.. So this guy I met grows as a business for mmar PATIENTS.. This guy introduced me to the Dr. that would sign my MMAR card.. So I had to sign the contract B4 I could meet the Dr. that would sign..

#4 willieboy

willieboy

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:17 AM

........still sounds crooked to me.......and my advice remains the same : BITCH. The Dr. that signed your papers has his neck on the line. I would urge you to get in touch with the MMAR folks. You have your card. And a Dr. who is screwing you. BITCH !

#5 polishprojectile

polishprojectile

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

try http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/ i know they have helped people with similar situations.
Hope this helps
cheers

#6 KanMan

KanMan

Calgary Cannabis Crusader

• Members
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

Has this have anythnig to do with the Do No Harm Clinic in Kelowna that focus exclusively on signing the Health
Canada declarations. There is a fee of $400.00 if they end up signing the forms.

Keith

#7 banty2

banty2

Stoner

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

Ya, that's all we need is for you to complain to Health Canada. There's about 3 doctors in the world that will sign papers and you want to complain to HC about one of them. You were under no duress when you first read, agreed and signed your contract. You say you've been trying to get an exemption for 4 years and other doc's say no. Well here's a doc that is willing to help, even under the circumstances the College of Physicians and Surgeons have put them in. I belong to the same co-op and have no complaints. I get FREE weed and so does anyone else that signs up. No other compassion club does this that I know of. By the way, I've been after some something like this for 40 years, not only 4. If you complain to H.C. a lot of other people get screwed around and/or busted. If you're not happy with the deal you got, well you know what they say, The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence.

MY LIFE HAS GONE TO POT

#8 Canadian Psycho

Canadian Psycho

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

They way it's being described Banty, this is hardly on the up and up and is in fact taking advantage of some one. This type of thing is supposed to be about providing freedom of choice in medicine. Telling some one who is dearly hoping to find legal access to their medicine that they can't get it unless they follow some sort of rule set is terrible when there is already a ridiculous rule set from the government that is onerous and unreasonable.

If you're getting your medicine at the expense of some one else in that they're being unreasonably constricted by a healer, you should be ashamed of yourself no matter how long you waited for something like it.

Cheers

I have never let my schooling get in the way of my education. --Mark Twain--

#9 MED HEAD

MED HEAD

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Locationpraries canada

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

this is doesnt sound legit in terms of the marr program but you did make an agreement and should hold up your end. I wouldnt do it again though and you are futher a head than 4 years ago. its is easy for me to sit hear and type this but I am one of my word after the agreement is finished the doctor should sign your forms again if not then I would be raising some HELL.

be cool @shine on plant the seed and let it be.
I just listen

#10 cateros

cateros

Journeyman

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Quick question about Dr. My family Dr has located 3 Dr's who prescibe medicinal marijuana in my area and has refered me to each of them her referals all state I will not accept opiate treatment for pain as I have had a bad experience and had to work to get them out of my life but am in great amount of pain and she has sent me to them for a referal for the MMAR program as she is does not feel comfortable prescribing a medicine she has no knowledge of even recreationally but from her examination she feels tha from what I have related to her on how it helps me she feels I would benefit from medicinal cannabis. So what I am wondering is a Dr who is already prescriving cannabis with a referal like that from another Dr think ther is much chance of being denied or is it true what I was told that if you get one Dr to refer you then you have pretty much beat the problem of getting your exemption oh the Dr she is sending me to first is a Dr Latowsky in scarborough anyone hear of him? When discussing doses should I tell him ecause of my paranoia I only buy when I absolutely cant stand it anymore and only enough for the night so the most I have ever used is 3-4 grams in a evening and thru the next day so maybe 4 grams in a day probably 4 grams in 17 hours. Sould I tell him this is hw I buy or shoudl I estimate what I need on what themax I would use is and tell him that is what I need daily. Like if 5 grams is hte max I ever used but generally I average 2-4 grams and somedays i sue none? I just want to be honest and make sure my script is what I need or a little less as I understand it can all be changed later. And finally is there any fee like other govt forms for to get mmar applications filled out I know for a physical for a az licence you can pay up to 125$ so just wondering if Dr's charge to fill the mmars out.

#11 MED HEAD

MED HEAD

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Locationpraries canada

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

once the doctor signs the forms and everthing in complete triple check all forms. you are good no reason to be denied only if you messed up the paper work. if your in toronto hit one of the compassion clubs they will help with the forms to make sure you have done eeverything and when mailing to health canadas pay the extra for registered mail. dont doubt your need for cannabis this is your GOD giving right to use. 5 grams in the normal but others are higher as much as 50 grams and some as low as one gram, we all have different medical needs.also if you go to the kindred cafe in toronto on thurs Maarco renda from treating yourself forums is ususally there in the afternoons he is really helpful also marc at sublime cafe in the kensington market area is very help with the MMar program. just get at it and soon all the doubt and paranoia will be gone. its just another perscript from the doctor shouldnt be a big deal if the doctor will agree to sign

be cool @shine on plant the seed and let it be.
I just listen

#12 banty2

banty2

Stoner

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

You get a certain amount of your quota per month for absolutely nothing. After your quota you can purchase at club prices, which are still lower than any other club I've ever even heard of. The co-op also provides for those that can't provide for themselves. There are no fees when you join and they provide you with a vaporizer. Your meds are guaranteed and sent right to your door every month. They just want the contract so people don't bail after they get there exemption and leave the growers holding the bag. What's so dark about this deal?

MY LIFE HAS GONE TO POT

#13 Canadian Psycho

Canadian Psycho

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

That's a very weak justification.

If the growers have a good product for a great price as you make it out to be, they shouldn't have to worry about their clients leaving them. Frankly, something here doesn't add up and it sounds like some one is being taken advantage of.

Cheers

#14 banty2

banty2

Stoner

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

I planted my 1st seed at the age of 15 and have been growing weed off and on ever since. That was 41 years ago. I now have a legal gov. exemption to possess X amount of weed. I have no facilities to grow. I get the full amount of weed I can smoke each month delivered Free of charge right to my door. I don't have to worry about extra hydro, dirt, pots,lights,fans,wires,fertilizers,aphids,mites,grow rip-offs and the list goes on and on. My needs are met and it costs me nothing and has no risk to me. The co-op takes care of all their patients the same way. Anyone wanting to change a deal like this just may have alternate ideas or plans. The Doctor involved has a genuine interest in marijuana as medicine and it's just too bad there aren't more brave souls like him. This co-op is on the up and up and those that choose to go elsewhere are free to do so, but we don't need Health Canada getting into our "poor me" discussions and stiring up the pot. Hell, they're already busting legal grows on the island this week. All in all, I'm quite happy with my situation.

MY LIFE HAS GONE TO POT

#15 Canadian Psycho

Canadian Psycho

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

You may be happy with this situation but some one else obviously isn't and I don't think you're giving us all the details. the poster at the start of this thread says he doesn't think the Dr. will sign if he doesn't consent to have it supplied by the growers in the cooperative.

Why is this a reasonable restriction on the patient if it is in fact in place?

Cheers

#16 KingofCannibi$

KingofCannibi$

Stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

OK it's time I say another word... 1st off the "VAPOR DADDY" that they provide for you must be the lowest quality Vaporizer in the industry(but its free so no complaints there, I guess" Where my complaints are is that its great you get all the marijuana you need every month but I get 75 grams a month for free, but I use at very least 15 - 20 grams a day with my tea and cooking, I also smoke. So this gives me 8 days of free marijuana, which is nice but... I send this guy $900 - $1000
every month just to be barley able to get enough medication for a month.. It would cost me $2000 and thats being generous to make my yearly amount of 8.6 pounds but I have to pay this guy $12,000 a year and If I didnt have a good family I wouldnt be able to live on my own.. Not to mention I lose out on all the Shake to make butter and other goods.. Plus if you don't sign the contract you don't get the card??? I thought I was ill and had a right to this medication, not line some guys pocket because he knows the DR. that will sign?? Is this guy paying this Dr. or what is going on here...

#17 KingofCannibi$

KingofCannibi$

Stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

Not to mention I have to subsidise my Medication to other patients because everyone has to recieve their free subsidy.. But if he has all our grow cards he can porduce the full amount for each person in the program.. So why am I not always able to get my full amount of medication... Not to mention there is another guy that grows for patients and he only charges $70 an ounce.. this guy charges $125 per ounce and sometimes more.. That is outragious considering it only cost $18 to produce 1 ounce...

Check this grower out:http://www.prescriptionmarijuana.ca/
If I was paying $70 an ounce I would not need very much subsidy...

#18 KingofCannibi$

KingofCannibi$

Stranger

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

OK it's time I say another word... 1st off the "VAPOR DADDY" that they provide for you must be the lowest quality Vaporizer in the industry(but its free so no complaints there, I guess" Where my complaints are is that its great you get all the marijuana you need every month but I get 75 grams a month for free, but I use at very least 15 - 20 grams a day with my tea and cooking, I also smoke. So this gives me 8 days of free marijuana, which is nice but... I send this guy $900 - $1000
every month just to be barley able to get enough medication for a month.. It would cost me $2000 to make my yearly amount of 8.6 pounds but I have to pay this guy $12,000 a year and If I didnt have a good family I wouldnt be able to live on my own.. Not to mention I lose out on all the Shake to make butter and other goods.. Plus if you don't sign the contract you don't get the card??? I thought I was ill and had a right to this medication, not line some guys pocket because he knows the DR. that will sign?? Is this guy paying this Dr. or what is going on here...

#19 Canadian Psycho

Canadian Psycho

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

Wow. That's outrageous!

#20 willieboy

willieboy

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

So I am abit confused here, King of Cannabis......how many grams per day does your MMAR permit allow ? If you are consuming way more than what your permit allows, why did you not ask for a larger number ? As for paying your grower for your medicine - that is nuts. Buddy is growing more off your permit than you are getting - that he then sells for a good profit. Off your permit. And your ill health. You are getting ripped off. Why are you not growing your own ? Am I missing something here?