Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Jul
    SeaWeed

Rumors of our infection have been GREATLY exaggerated!

Show comments (4)
  • Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      02 Jul
    adrok

The more i learn the more i feel i've just scratched the surface....

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      26 Jun
    Schwann

“Synchronicity reveals the meaningful connections between the subjective and objective world.” - Carl Jung

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Photo

veg. time s.o.g.???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grow4life

grow4life

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationireland

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

hi all,ive built a new flowering room in my attic the dimentions of it are 4ftx4ftx4ft, my plan is to fill it with 16 11l or 2 gallon pots(soil)and flower clones under a 600hps, im worried about space if i take away a foot for the pots and a foot for the light it leaves me with 2ft for the clones.

im planning on growing a strain along the lines of chronic, but i havent grown with clones before and im worried about how much veg time i should give them before putting them into flower, has anyone put clones straight into flower once rooted? will they end up too small if i go this way? should i give them a week or two of 18/6 first? i know its a very broad subject but some advice might help me avoid making a mess of the grow...

''Butters your gonna have to go out there and take a hit for the team.''
Eric Cartman

#2 htworg

htworg

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationWOODS

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

ummmmm. I wouldnt put it right into flower. itll grow but your yield wouldnt be nearly as much. you need to let it veg and adapt to its environment first, for at least a couple weeks. once its at its full vegatative state start 12/12. count down from when it actually starts flowering. anywhere from 6-12 weeks depending on the strain. good luck man.

tselluf eht ot efilevil.

#3 12and12

12and12

Stoner

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia 209

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

imo once clones have rooted their starter plugs put them in 4 or 6" cubes and let them root and veg for 7-14 days and then flip and you will have a decent sea of green veg longer if you have more space or fewer plants

#4 12and12

12and12

Stoner

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia 209

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

but usually a minimum of 5-7 days to veg after rooted

#5 Terkey

Terkey

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

I agree with the others. I've flowered right after my clones rooted. Now looking back I wish I would have waited at least a week until switching the lights. Now I root my clones and veg for a week then switch the lights.

I'm like the farmer, plantin words, people are seeds
my truth is the soil help you grow like trees.

#6 Shrubs First

Shrubs First

Stranger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

A week of veg is preferred, remember your clones may and probably will stretch alot, it my SOG, i use a 5x5 Grow hut, with two 4x2 grow trays giving me 16 square feet, i do one plant per square foot meaning 16 plants, i also do waist high trays so I don't have much space to veg, which is fine, I do more plants, in less space, and it only takes me 60-65 days. compared to waiting a whole extra month of veg time. I can bump out just about 2 1/2 lbs every 2 months.

We are but shrubs in this world dominated by plants.

#7 Johnny5

Johnny5

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten State

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

Well if you only have 2' of room for growth than I personally would go with 1 gallon pots, and that way you can go with more.

You said you were planning on going with a "strain along the lines of chronic". Well whats that mean? Do you have a mother to take clones from, or are you going to get clones from someone?

Depends on strain, and how big the clones are once they root.
You said that you have 2' is that to the bulb?(glass i am guessing) If that is the case I would flower at 8" tall.

Hope this helps.

Life...what would it be like without some good ganja...

#8 nate1984

nate1984

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

veg til its filled in.

FUCKING RAGE.