Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabRat

Way too much advertising!

For crying out loud! It's bad enough to put up with all the flashing lights on the home page. Once you skip off with a new page leave the adds out! It's hard enough to read without all the fireworks.

Look at 420 magazine . com to see a great forum.

I'm sorry Mark got crucified but he got what he prayed for. I pray that his sacrifice is very short lived. I pray for Jody too.

Still, get your butts in gear! We all miss the paper mag and are salivating for the E-Mag.

JODY! You're in charge now. Take the helm, full speed ahead! Organize the E-Mag. Ask for help among the forums and be overwhelmed.

Once you feel ready of course.

All my dial-up love.

Capt'n Cannabis

AKA LabRat

firefox and add block pro

you people should try solving a problem instead of complaining

its pretty simple stuff

For crying out loud! It's bad enough to put up with all the flashing lights on the home page. Once you skip off with a new page leave the adds out! It's hard enough to read without all the fireworks.

I'm sorry Mark got crucified but he got what he prayed for. I pray that his sacrifice is very short lived. I pray for Jody too.

Still, get your butts in gear! We all miss the paper mag and are salivating for the E-Mag.

JODY! You're in charge now. Take the helm, full speed ahead! Organize the E-Mag. Ask for help among the forums and be overwhelmed.

Why do you want something fixed that isn't broken? The ads aren't overdone or irritating. And the magazine is not missing or unorganized, so maybe I just don't get what's being suggested here.

i had to find a fix for the ads ,with my slow connection every page they load slowly 1st .then the forums

Im sure most people dont have crappy internet connections so its not gonna be a prob.

the above fix for people with this problem is 100%

your still correct nectar

our problem not the servers laugh

All my dial-up love.

Capt'n Cannabis

AKA LabRat

if your going to try ordering people about at least get the names spelt right and self help is a good idea Morbo's idea, try it?

I have also gotten a rash of delete my post/account requests

and that too is a very simple fix,

delete your own posts if you dont want them up.

everyone can delete thier own posts...unless of course they are in a locked thread, in that case I cant do it either.

just log in and delete them yourself?

click on edit post

then click on delete

one more click on yes I really want to delete this and its that simple.

you can close the account after thats done.

the only posts members cant delete themselves

are ones in locked threads, in which case I cant remove them either.

so try it yourself and if you run into a problem perhaps someone can help you.

There is not going to be an "e-magazine", the website with the original journalism and other news stories are all at www.CannabisCulture.com and we've got a more active website than ever before. We cannot afford to pay a graphic artist to lay out magazine pages -- that was part of the time- and money-consuming parts of CC we cannot afford.

You might just be able to find volunteer's among the forums, for graphics and such.

Ask them, there's some great artists on here.

Give them more opportunity to take part, and you might just have a full bandwagon.

Now that it is online, it would be cool to see contests to have people's work/content, etc displayed on the mainsite. Perhaps even the opportunity to the forum members to have articles, etc published on it.

Advertising pays bills...

exactily.....Labrat u gona pay the bills?

well then u don't get to deside!

Originally Posted By: Ohigho
I think its a disservice that these people have a need to compare CC with other sites. THIS IS CC. NOT 420 MAGAZINE. Why the need to emulate someplace else?

U got it down!

Your prayer to your imaginary friend is nothing more than an empty gesture that reeks of self-importance and flat out ignorance. I despise your tone and your lack of empathy for Jodie and her situation.

Take your piss poor attitude to the 420 forum and leave it there.

Quote:

i checked out 420magazine.com, it is very similar to this site. i don't see your point regarding the adds. i have a fast internet connection and both sites loaded the same. it may be different with dial up.

Quote:
I'm sorry Mark got crucified but he got what he prayed for.

i think you missed the point. marc has been trying to right the wrong of prohibition. i don't understand the statement "he got what he prayed for". if this indeed was the case, then we'd all be purchasing cannabis from the local 7-11 store.

if you prefer the other website, fine go there.

the only difference i see between the two websites is the 420 girls. i enjoy looking at pretty girls as much as the next guy. but cannabis culture is more than tits & ass. CC is a smart forward thinking website. i come to CC for news and updates. i come to CC for humor. i come to CC for the people that run it.

i never met marc or jodi, but i feel like i know them through their honest work on this website and their magazine. you wont find that on 420magazine.

i am not saying the other website is bad. what i am saying is Cannabis Culture is a top notch organization. i'm coming up on four years as a registered member here at CC and i'm looking forward to many more.

take care LabRat

-blue skies

We need MORE advertisment! I like having all the pot related links on here so i dont have to look for em lol.Plus they advertise stuff i never even knew existed.

Quote:
We need MORE advertisment! I like having all the pot related links on here so i dont have to look for em lol.Plus they advertise stuff i never even knew existed.

i was thinking the same thing. i would never know such businesses existed.

-blue skies