I am looking for a family doctor in BC who is knowledgeable about Medical Marijuana, and who is also a kind and friendly family physician.
I am a father of a child, and have a wife that would all like to see the same doctor. Quality care, of course, is very important.
My specific needs, for medical marijuana, are:
- Chronic Pain; Post-surgery (knee injury/reconstruction) - Pensioned from Veteran Affairs for life.
- Pain; neck/back. Multiple injuries
- Brain Injury: Classic Brain Injury symptoms.(short/long term memory issues, reduction in logical reasoning abilities, headaches,impulsiveness, isolation tendencies, reduced motivation, language impairment when tired) I remain highly functional (at least thats something) but wear this injury like a piano on my back.
- Headaches: Side effect from Brain Injury
- Migraines: Have been increasing in frequency. On average 1+/month, lasting for a week. Lately I have had two/month, one lasted for two weeks, the other for a few days.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Pensioned from Veteran Affairs for life / War Veteran
- Insomnia: Likely a side effect of PTSD and/or Brain Injury
- Visible minority.
- Resistant to opiates. Minimal to no pain relief, minimal to significant side effects.
On the plus side, I am not at risk to be dependent on Opiates, downside is they can't help manage pain either.