9 replies to this topic

#1 DickDasterdly

DickDasterdly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationCItizen of the planet

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

I am just finishing week 7 of flowering, and am wondering is there some indicator on my plants that would trigger me to begin the final week of flushing? Is it Trichome development? Amount or color? I know that is used for harvest. The breeder of my strain says flower for 8 weeks. What do all you use?

"Avoid paralysis thru analysis"

#2 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationOn the planets skin.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

start now,if your sucker leafs dont turn yellow by harvets you are to late.You could always cut it and stick it in a vase like a rose for a couple days.

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#3 PigBoy

PigBoy

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationSwine Enfluenza Central

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:44 AM

I usually would flush 2-3 weeks before the harvest. So if it was a 7 week flowering, then I just feed for 4-5 weeks before quiting out with nutes. Then on the last week I'd do a lot of flushing right through.

That's just me.

Organic Mafia (Ont Div.) Organic, only real way to grow.
morbo: i dont even think before i type

#4 DickDasterdly

DickDasterdly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Okay, so it seems it is not dictated by anything the plant is doing other then you are trying to flush for two weeks before you harvest to clean out any nutes. So if this is the first time I have grown this strain, and the breeder recommends an 8 week indoor flower, I would begin flush at week 6?

Thanks guys,

DD

#5 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

How can you be at week 7 flower and you would start flush at week 6? Are you even in pots? even if you got only a week left run gallons of water throught the soil everyday.

Earthworm excreta, nature’s most remarkable form of bio-fertilizer and bio-pest control agent.

#6 DickDasterdly

DickDasterdly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

How can you be at week 7 flower and you would start flush at week 6? Are you even in pots? even if you got only a week left run gallons of water throught the soil everyday.

I was making an example. I am at week 7. Why flush now, just because of the calendar? I am trying to find out if there is something that the plant would show, indicating that I was nearing the end.

#7 akfatman

akfatman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Locationspace the last frontier

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

I drop all nitrogen at about 70% of budding time and drop to straight pH balanced RODI water at 80% into budding. Therefore with 8 weeks budding the drop of nitrogen would be at about 5 weeks and 4 days and the drop to just water would be at about 6 weeks and three days. IMHO I find the longer use of phophorus and phosphate makes for plumper calyx and the earlier loss of nitrogen causes better taste as well as plumper calyx.

I mix my own nutrients so I do thing a little different.

With retail nutrients I switch to just pH balance RODi water at 6 weeks.

Ba da boom!

#8 live2grow

live2grow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationgrOwhigho

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

I flush according to the development of the trichs. Usually start to flush when they are full and clear, then two weeks later I have some that are in the milky stage, some that are anber in color, and some still clear. Makes for a good even head/body high.

Sometimes enlightenment can be very heavy

#9 DickDasterdly

DickDasterdly

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

Everyone who has responded has been very helpful. So I need to get flushing. I have been using this chart DutchMaster Nutrient Calculator but it presumes in my opinion you know the ideal flower time for your strain. But it only shows one week of flush. Probably so you use more of there product. Anyway, thanks all

DD

#10 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Well after all the hairs have turned brown then you can cut anytime and have potent weed, but if you wait a week or 2 after the hairs have turned then you will have a full flavored product and maybe a bit more yeild.Got any pics? We could tell you pretty close when to cut if you got pics at the final stages. The surest way is of course looking at the trichs from a 30x microscope.Its all just timing and that takes a few grows to get it down and knowing the strains your growing really helps so that you harvest when most leafs are turning yellow and the trichs are just getting milky.Why yellow leafs? because the plant doesnt have nutes in it anymore and its using the last resources from the leafs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users