Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Apr
    Ohigho

All major media will throw progress under the bus for the sake of momentary ratings. They do not inform, they dangle lures to catch attention and feed you advertising.

View All Updates

Photo

Reveg from sexing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard

Carpal Tunnel

• GlobalModerators
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationState of being

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

I have seen many people that sex their plants and reveg them after sexing. The plants after sexing seem to grow real bushy with strong and thick stems, leaves, and grow many big buds. Why is this not a normal practice?

Self appointed referee of the universe
POI, peace beyond all understanding

#2 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationCannafornia, USA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

you sacrifice a good structure, as reveg makes thing get kinda crazy. also reveg takes a while, sometimes up to a month.

Finally the herbs come around,
The high grade that me look for,
We stock it by the pound.

#3 McLovin'

McLovin'

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,543 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

has anyone noticed any hermi tendencies when doing thing?

#4 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationCannafornia, USA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

yes i have. the plants feel like they need to reproduce incase it happens again. they dont hermie enough to seed them, but i have noticed more flowers when trimming the ones that went through the re veg.

Finally the herbs come around,
The high grade that me look for,
We stock it by the pound.

#5 Grow_Wizzard

Grow_Wizzard

Carpal Tunnel

• GlobalModerators
  • 2,831 posts
  • LocationState of being

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

My thoughts were to start indoors early, feb or march, sex them, and get them outside by mid may. will probably do this with a couple next year and compair to the ones that happened to this year. Seems to me the buds will be huge as they are in full veg now and the ones that started as clones are in pre flower.

Self appointed referee of the universe
POI, peace beyond all understanding

#6 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationMedical grow in USA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:56 AM

you could also just sex a part of the plant by sealing off a single branch in 12/12 darkness while the rest of the plant continues vegging. I have done this successfully before by using a black trash bag plastic and covering the branch while others are still in the light.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One
Smoke all the bud you can because tommorrow you might die.

#7 wooly mammoth

wooly mammoth

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:01 AM

Kinda off topic a bit, but is the sex determined by genetics or environmentally? Bacically, it it already determined to be a male or female when in seed form, or do other factors come into play?

#8 Rebel Dawg

Rebel Dawg

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationMedical grow in USA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Kinda off topic a bit, but is the sex determined by genetics or environmentally? Bacically, it it already determined to be a male or female when in seed form, or do other factors come into play?

it is both genetic and evironmental. There have been lengthy discussion on this in other posts but it boils down to less stress and longer light periods tend to produce more females.

Respect Few Fear None
Trust No One
Smoke all the bud you can because tommorrow you might die.

#9 IHeartBuds

IHeartBuds

Stoner

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Locationne usa

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

i am actually doing this right now... i started from seed with afghan mazar at 18/6. i vegged for about a month or more then put in 12/12. it showed sex started to throw out white hairs all over then i moved the plant to another location with alot more room so i put under veg again at 19/5. in the 4 days its been under veg again it has grown ALOT. its a topped plant with the two tops pulled apart and wrapping them around the pot. ill post a before and after pic before the wkd. it also did start to bush alot more than it has ever yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users