Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      14 Aug
    Organic Gardener

Well Marc is back home, good stuff. Glad I'm not paying to keep someone in jail that shouldn't be there.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      14 Aug
    SeaWeed

Resins now LEGAL for patients in Canada thanks to the awesome work of Kirk Tousaw and Ted Smith with defendant Owen Smith! Congratulations Canada.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      11 Aug
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Rest In Peace Robin Williams.

Show comments (8)
View All Updates

Photo

What would cause white pistil hairs to

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hey guys I am at 22 days flower now. last night i gave a watering with nutes using organic Iguana Juice Bloom 4-2-6 and big bud 0-15-40 and molasses. before closing everything up i checked out all the budding tops and on my one and only Blue God plant two of the tops white pistil hairs looked like they were dying back (sorta looks like it was balding or a blow torch came too close) one is more then the other but everything else looks excellent. These two buds are more in the middle of the plant and lower down then the other bud sites so i don't think it is light related, not sure about nute burn either cause it isn't showing on any other part of the plant. what i did notice is that one of the leaves from a higher bud what sitting on top of the affected bud, same thing with the other affected bud so i trimmed away those leaves to open the bud site up to receive some direct light, ill get some pics tonight when the lights come on but in the meanwhile any suggestion or input on what this could be? or maybe its just a natural occurrence?

#2 Hazedaze

Hazedaze

Stoner

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTrapped in the Closet

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

...I assume these aren't just red hairs... right? Red hairs happen.

I certainly hope you haven't been blowtorching anywhere nearby.

Listen kid, we're all in it together.

#3 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

Ok here we go. I made these clickable thumbnails so you can go to the gallery and get a better zoom, the forum seems to resize all the images in the threads to a smaller size.

This is what two or even 3 of the buds look like, i found fan leaves that were resting on the spots the hairs are dried up.

This is what the rest of the buds look like on the plant.

While taking pictures i found this on the same plant on one of the higher bud sites, kinda got me scared here...is this a hermie? closer up it looks like a curled up leaf but light green *cross fingers*

#4 stoopiddumbface

stoopiddumbface

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationKali

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

that last one looks like a hermie fo sho

Rise Against

#5 Lonesomejack

Lonesomejack

Journeyman

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Locationleft of canada

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:53 AM

hi King, sorry to say that looks like a banana on that bottom pic. i'm no expert, just some of mine on a grow awhile back had some, just pinch em off. the others im not sure. alot more expertiese out there than me though, sure someone will give you an answer that is 100 percent sure. just my thoughts, good luck

We have a pool in the back, a pool and a pond...pond would be good for you--chevy chase

#6 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

Thanks on the herm info, i went ahead and took a tweezer and plucked the bastard out. as long as it doesn't overwhelm i can keep plucking? i would like to go another couple weeks at the very least before i pull it out so i can at least get some decent smoke for the hard work!

Also i took a cutting 3 days before flowering to keep as a mom till my next grow. will that cutting show herm traits as well?

anyone know whats happening with the dried up pistils in the first photo?

#7 jagerbomber444

jagerbomber444

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationidaho

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

i have no idea whats up with the pistils and sorry about the hermie

a fool off his gaurd will often fall hard

#8 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts
  • LocationCannafornia, USA

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

that can happen sometimes if they get sprayed. did you overspray the bud maybe? sometimes even a drop of water can do it. hermies happen, you can try and tweeze them along the way, but if they keep on coming you should consider either seperating it from the rest or just killing the fucker. good luck bro, i wish you a wonderful harvest.

Finally the herbs come around,
The high grade that me look for,
We stock it by the pound.

#9 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

they can also shrivel and brown up when they get pollinated, but at 22 days that would seem kinda early for male pollen. correct me if im wrong.

#10 cali_budz707

cali_budz707

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

if you clone a hermie you will get hermie clones.

#11 Robman

Robman

Old hand

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

i kinda had the same situation with a leave sitting on top of the bud i think it is b/c the leaves is blocking out all light to that spot and it kills back the pistols it covers atleast that what happened to me

I Do Not Grow Marijuana!

#12 junior_grower

junior_grower

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Do you have any possibility that pollen hit that girl? Looks like a bud site that was pollinated? Or it could just be normal dying off of the hairs for many reasons, keep and eye on here, and keep us updated

#13 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

It cant be pollination. males were destroyed at 4 days flower and this is the first sign of the plant showing herm traits, during the first couple of weeks of flower I did spray the plants with fresh RO water several times, ill keep an eye on her and her bananas. also just realized the leaves that were touching these spots were necrotic at the tips about half inch, maybe this has something to do with it.

#14 junior_grower

junior_grower

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

could be the lack of light I doubt the spraying of Ro did anything, could be the result of a light leak? I'm not sure I have never seen this in one of my grows.

#15 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:24 PM

The buds seem to have healed back 100% after cutting leaves that were poking at the buds and pulling branches further apart letting more light on them. As for the hermie, I have not seen anymore bananas or balls since i pulled that one i found.

#16 KingTitan

KingTitan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

if you clone a hermie you will get hermie clones.

I didnt clone a hermie (well I think i didnt), the clone to be grown out to a mother was taken before the plant went into flowering. Maybe it had some stress during my slight light tweaking? i have not seen anymore signs of herm after the first sighting, i am checking closely twice a day. if it is a true herm i suppose i will be seeing increased signs during the next week or two..by then i will be comfortable chopping her down a couple weeks early.

#17 TokinTillDeath

TokinTillDeath

Stoner

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationUnder the Rainbow

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

It is my understanding that it is possible for just one or two buds or branches to herm. Like a plant that is genetically programmed to pollinate itself at the end of flowering, leaving the over all genetics sexually pure. You did say you were reaching the end of flowering (final weeks) yes?

Am I misinformed?

"I think we're here to fuck shit up.. I think we're here to eat the sandwich. " -Joe Rogan