Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marc Scott Emery

Last Issue of Printed Cannabis Culture Mag is #74

All things must pass. *sniff*

As an avid collector of the printed word, I will really miss picking up the mag every month. Never missed an issue either \:\)

It was always a treat to go to my local head shop (Crosstown Traffic - a shameless plug for one of CC's advertisers), pick up the new mag, buy some papers or a pipe, shoot the breeze, make connections...

May Shiva bless your new online format!

I'm gonna miss having print copies of your magazine just laying around for whenever people came to smoke. They loved looking at all the bomb bud and hell, you guys made my less enthusiastic friends aware of all the BS the average pot smoker goes through whether they're aware of it or not. Thanks Marc, stay free.

Yeah, CC always made great "coffee table reading". It somehow always seemed classier to have a copy of CC in the living room than High Times... It will be missed!

The Remaining 61 Issues of Cannabis Culture Magazine For $100.

Add $25 if you want them shipped to you anywhere in the USA or Canada.

We have 61 available Issues #

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35,

38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53,

54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 62, 63, 64, 66, 67, 70, 72, 73, 74 and Best of Cannabis Culture #1, #2, #3 (Hairy Pothead).

All for $100 + $25 shipping!

Missing are #1, 2, 3, 4, 28, 36, 37, 44, 46, 61, 65, 68, 69, 71. These are gone forever. We kept only one of each issue for our archives.

No #21 exists, #22 was numbered incorrectly but we continued from there and skipped 21.

2659_63764097612_504077612_1720162_81066

Cannabis Culture was named Cannabis Canada for the first 13 issues. The first two issues were completely made from hemp paper, including the cover, the interior of the third and fourth issue were made of hemp, and 30% of the interior of #5 is hemp paper.

Marc Emery's Facebook Notes

That is 1 amazing deal but I didn't see an online link to order up directly. You can most likely call CC headquarter and get it over the phone. I'm not sure why Marc has only advertised this on Facebook at the moment, perhaps it's by design... so remove this post if deemed necessary.

Wow nice, I was going to call them and see if there was a deal when you order the rest. I think I must take advantage of this.

How long is this offer available? I'm in France at the moment and would rather not have it sitting on my front porch for an extended period of time allowing some random kid to take it

The deal is available for North Americans by mailing in a check or money order for $100 (plus $35 shipping) to CC Magazine, 307 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 1H6.

You can also phone our office at 604-689-0590 (or 604-669-9069) and do a credit card transaction.

This deal was first announced on Pot-TV when we released issue #73 (second-last issue), before we knew CC was going to stop printing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1cZvsaUzY

So it's not a Facebook "secret", it's just a great deal for those who are such dedicated followers that they see everything we post in various places.... ;\)

Oh, and international orders (like to France) will cost $100 plus international shipping, which is more than $35. You need to email [email protected] and he'll let you know what the cost will be.

A New Era Begins !!!

Each and EVERY issue of the printed Cannabis Culture Magazine represents an absolutely AMAZING achievement!

Most people have no idea what an accomplishment it is to create, collect, lay-out, and produce such a slick and worth while production. To manage to achieve such a task every two months for fifteen years is nothing short of stunning.

Special thanks to Jodie Emery and to Dana Larsen for all the help they have been to Marc in getting a tough job done well.

Marc, I am proud to be your friend. I am honoured to have been a part of the staff of the greatest magazine that has ever been printed.

With a nostalgic tear for the end of an era, let us all remember how Marc Emery and his printed Cannabis Culture Magazine has given so many people hope to believe that one person can indeed make a big difference!

With gratitude and love,

Chris Lawson,

The Pot Poet.

Cannabis Culture will no longer be made in a magazine format. There will be no layout artist to design article pages, so no, it's not a publication.

Everything will be online, with regular articles posted daily under various topics (news, growing, politics, activism, entertainment, products, medical marijuana, hemp, etc.) and back issues made available as download-able PDF files -- that's our plan.

I read a Magazine online they have a hard copy as well but that is not the question for you.

They do have the it online but the make available the online articles and hard copies all on one CD-ROM at the end of every year and you can get back issues on CD-ROM as well.

I have bought most of the CD-ROMS from them

Have you thought of this and if not would you ?? some still like some form of hard copy.

My 2KW's

Jodie or Marc,

I too am sad to hear the news. I once had a subcription and was wanting to renew but...

I was wondering how much an online subscription will cost (if any) and when will it be avaliable. Will it still have all the different sections like the mag?

Please forgive me if any of these questions have already been answered.

Thanx Marc and all the people who was/is involed in this great mag. and for the dedication you guys still continue to have.

HAPPY 420!!

Peace

We aren't doing an online magazine like the print one. We aren't providing a subscription for a PDF format -- we're not laying out articles anymore. We're just having the sections online with articles posted on the website. We're still reworking and redesigning the whole website, and we're considering having a subscription for a newsletter, but those details are just being worked out. smile

Cheers,

Jodie

I totally support your exclusive move to cyberspace. Printing is so 1900's. The internet is where it's at for massive exposure and minimal cost; a necessary edge to beat back the corporate bitches trying to hold the sacrament down. Best luck all!

You guys did excellent work over there and I cant wait to see how things will progress. I will treasure my issues forever!

We aren't doing an online magazine like the print one. We aren't providing a subscription for a PDF format -- we're not laying out articles anymore. We're just having the sections online with articles posted on the website. We're still reworking and redesigning the whole website, and we're considering having a subscription for a newsletter, but those details are just being worked out. smile

Cheers,

Jodie

Thanx Jodie

A newsletter will be essential to monetize the site more. Sad to hear about the magazine dying but at the same time I cant wait for all magazines and news papers to go the way of the caveman.

It will be a serious step forward.

damn i miss the cc magazine.even with the internet i miss it.was a wounderfully constructed masterpiece each month.sighhhh

The magazine was great, thank you!

Think Marc is right about the future of print media. This is much bigger than just CC magazine, many newspapers and magazines are no longer able to operate in today's climate.

I bought my CC copies at the Green Store in Ocean Beach CA.... Fond memories.

I have fond memories of reading High Times. Its a real shame to you out of print, but its happening all over. All the best for every success with the on line zine.

it felt felt like we almost won when obama got elected, but first thing the dummy does is send every thing hes got to afghanastan. the troops are there making sure opiom grows and pot doesnt. and now i learn my favorite magazine has stoped printing. a sure sighn that the times are about to get very dark indeed.

I'm really quite interested in how the new CC will unfold. The magazine has always been awesome and it'll be exciting to watch this transition.

Best of luck!

I just bought the back issue collection and let me tell you, it's gotten this 55 yr old man a smilin'. Great to read the old ones that were still under Cannabis Canada. Just love the fine read I'm now in possession of. Thanks Marc for autographing some of them for me and you and Jodie hang in there my friend, things may change yet.

thank marc for all the information it must be really tough for you keep fighting the good fight your a crusader we need more people like you im just starting to fight and i will keep pushing for you take care bro and thanks for all that you do