Photo

"Extra Large Yielding Strains"

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 JT99

JT99

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBeautifull British Columbia(EastVan)

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Been Growing Kush strains for awhile now & always have great results.However,Kush strains are typically a low yielding,yet High quality Bud strain & lookn to try sumn new after this crop comes down.Currently have 35 Hindu Kush,8 Purple Kush,& 5 Northern Lights girls goin in one 6' by 5' Bed.Things are lookn great,one week into flower,however,same'ol'same'ol'.I know from experience,Max'n things out,adding bloom boosters(mollasses,Big-Bud,Carbo-Load etc) Im gonna fetch a bit shy of 2 pounds( 1-1000watt HPS) Just hoping for sum input on Favorite plants of the Higher Yielding strains..Lemme know whatcha think and whats Surprised ya,as far as weight...Thanks guys.

Lifes too short....Enjoy the moment

#2 poundpusher

poundpusher

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

I have never grown these strains but from what I have heard the highest yielding strains are northern lights and big bud. Thats gonna be your best bet.

GOING GREEN / ECO FRIENDLY FARMING

#3 Genus

Genus

Stoner

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

gettin close to 2ps with 1000w seems damn good, i dont see how much further your goin to be able to push it without goin vert. just curious, hows the hindu kush?

Ps. i had some willies wonder goin beside some grape kush and the grape definately outperformed the willies in weight. The grape had alot fewer buds but much larger n denser although the willies seemed to be just as fine, just very light when it came down to it.

Only dead fish have their mouth open...

#4 Weed M.D.

Weed M.D.

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

I grew dutch passion's power plant. It has a very good yield. Side branches are huge colas.

#5 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationIf "Harper" has his way...JAIL

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

JT,

If you're getting 1 gram per watt(2 lbs. a 1000w light), you're doing better then most. I would say you're doing GREAT. Most of us are happy with 1/2 gram a watt(1 lbs. per light). I would just continue with the strains you got, you know "If it isn't broken, don't fix it", attitude. If your looking for variety, start trading Kush for other stuff. Me and my buddies do it all the time, I give them an OZ., they give me an OZ. Works very nice for us, we continue growing what we know and have variety to choose from when smoking.

Stay away from "Big Bud", it's a high yeilder but low quality high. After a steady diet of Kush, you will be disapointed in "Big Bud". You might want to try these guys strains http://www.highgrade-seeds.com/ I've heard good things about them. But hang onto your Kush strain, I think you have a real special lady their(Start thinking seeds... ).

Peace...Buddha

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#6 AdamH420

AdamH420

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

"Stay away from "Big Bud", it's a high yeilder but low quality high"

Glad you agree with me on that one... I can't for the life of me even figure out how it was a cup contender.

Getting 2 lbs from 1kw in a conventional flat garden is outstanding... you're looking to fix something that isn't broken. \:\)

Your only other choice to increase your gpw would be a vertical system, pumping like 3000w.

If you're looking to tinker and you don't have co2, now is the time.

bong

#7 JT99

JT99

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

Thanks fr the Input man,,,,the Hindu Kush veg'd from clones for two weeks were approx 12inches.Theyre more bushy robust plants & I chose to prune all the lower foliage at day 7 of flower.That way,with so many gals in one bed,they would grow strong,wldnt shade each other out & majority of the light energy would penetrate the bud sites up top.I also topped a wack of em,just to compare finishing weights with un-topped girls.I like to experiment.Its day 8 now with this crop,however in previous crops,vegging two weeks,ive maxed out at an average of an ounce(dry) per plant.Awesome smoke,gta say that...I dunno,im maybe just getn tired of this strain,gta few Purple Kush&Northern lights goin on this round,interesting to see what ones impress.

#8 JT99

JT99

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Yeah I knows watcha mean. Im kinda obsessive/compulsive with my grows,always changing sumn up even if its minimal.Like this time if switched over from pots to one bed?? Never done beds but see whats hapnin with that. I did one small Kush grow a short time ago, got really into that one,so started up two more lil shows(50 plants) at a couple friends places. So,thinkn,just to keep it real,Ill always have summa the Kush girls around(Why fix what aint broke,right??) However,gnna maybe try like 10 plants each of like five tottally different strains after these ones.End of April,Ill keep stuff posted.Maybe have like a Blind-folded Taste-Test with the homies when that ones done??"Name That Nug??" Thanx again for ur input friend.

#9 StonerSaiyan420

StonerSaiyan420

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

try out the strain 2 pounder from kiwi seeds.
the name says it all.

Get pwnd son.

#10 lemonkrush

lemonkrush

Journeyman

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (U.S.)

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

What does the Hindu Kush taste like? High? Yield for one plant? How powerful is the odor during veg/flowering stages?

#11 innercityseed

innercityseed

Pot Nerd

• Members
  • 6,021 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

don't confuse high yielding with high potency..pretty rare to get both in one package..with that in mind...some high yielding strains.

Shiskaberry
Chronic
Island Sweet Skunk(outdoors)
Mikado
Big Mac
most Afghans
African Haze
Grapefruit
Gold train
Afwreck
Salmon Creek Big Bud
K2
Northern Lights #5
Super Skunk
Powerplant
Blue Rhino
Kong
Trinity
Williams Wonder

Proud member Organic Mafia
Oregon

#12 Buddha

Buddha

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationIf "Harper" has his way...JAIL

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: innercityseed
don't confuse high yielding with high potency..pretty rare to get both in one package..with that in mind...some high yielding strains.

Shiskaberry
Chronic
Island Sweet Skunk(outdoors)
Mikado
Big Mac
most Afghans
African Haze
Grapefruit
Gold train
Afwreck
Salmon Creek Big Bud
K2
Northern Lights #5
Super Skunk
Powerplant
Blue Rhino
Kong
Trinity
Williams Wonder

Innercity

In your opinion, of the strains you posted, which have a definite kick or good to great potency? You seem knowledgable, do you have a list of potent strains too. Maybe some crossing could take place with the best of both lists.

Peace...Buddha

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

#13 Hazedaze

Hazedaze

Stoner

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTrapped in the Closet

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

Trinity is very nice, I can't say about yield though, never grew it. I've been smoking some outdoor Trinity this week, and it's a fairly serious sneaker high. I'll pack a bowl and roast it with some friends, 10 minutes later I'm totally retarded. It's a stumble-over-your-words-and-furniture kind of indica stone. Very potent, or at least my sample was. I wasn't stuck to the couch, just completely useless.

Just my own experience with one of those.

Listen kid, we're all in it together.

#14 BC_Designated

BC_Designated

Journeyman

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSurrey, B.C., Canada

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

As with any strain, the yield off of one plant is all relative to how large the plant is (how long you veg. it/size of plant pot/etc) I am a Federally Licenced Grower in Canada and can get an OG Kush (not nearly the same as hindu kush, but just for an example) about 6ft Tall with 6 weeks of Vegetative growth and then flip her on over and with a 8-10 week Flower I can pull .6 - 1.0 lb per plant. It really depends on how long you want to wait for your harvest and when growing any variety of Kush, please make sure to have MASSIVE CHARCOAL FILTERS AROUND because it is a VERY STINKY GIRL!

;\)

Respectfully; BC_Designated

ps; has anyone heard of BLACK? It is very popular in the DisneyWorld regions from what I hear, but have not actually seen it locally (in BC) and I do not think it is "The Black" that is offered from a few seed company's ... could be wrong tho... anyone have some info?

#15 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMy Underground Layer

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

i haven't found much that beats out kalisnapple or thai phoon.

kalisnaplles

thai phoon

#16 Synapses

Synapses

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationCanada, BC

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Holy SHIT those colas are MASSIVE! I'm going to be thinking about some of these seeds down the line \:D

#17 DANKNUG

DANKNUG

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,185 posts
  • Locationthe wicked garden

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

that kalisnaplles looks nice... what kind of yeild was that grow and how much did the big colas weigh?

#18 swag

swag

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationNo.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

I have started Heavy Duty Fruity from Sensi Seeds recently. I have not seen a harvest yet but by the description on the web site it's gotta b huge. Check it.

swag.

"Anything werth having is werth werking hard for"

#19 barry229

barry229

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationthe big green growhouse

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

hay i would check out greenhuse seeds, they have high some yeilding plants. arjans ultra haze looks awsome have a look on the site at the grow reviews. il leave a link.

baz

http://www.greenhous...ics&topic_id=43

Drugs are for mugs
Mugs are for tea
I like tea
So drugs are for me laugh

#20 Genus

Genus

Stoner

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: thenewguy05
i haven't found much that beats out kalisnapple or thai phoon.

Where do i get some of those seeds!?!??!??

Looks incredible.

Only dead fish have their mouth open...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users