64 replies to this topic

#1 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMy Underground Layer

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

For this thread I will be using lavender flowers to make hash. I have a slight cold & I'm hoping it helps clear my lungs up a bit. I've heard good things about lavender so I figured what better time to test it out.

The Supplies

What we have here is:

A fine screen siv
(not sure of micron size, estimated between 200-300 microns) & a brew-rite re-usable screen coffee filter (roughly 160 microns) - Both acquired at Walmart

Nylon & polypropylene 90, 75, & 20 micron screens
the 75 & 20 micron screens are 12" x 12" which fit perfect with the 110MM funnel. I could only find a 6" x 12" piece of 90 which is a very close fit, but I would recommend getting them all in 12" x 12" if possible - acquired at amazon.com

A 2 piece 110MM buchner funnel, 500ML flask, & stopper for the flask - also Found on Amazon.com

1 tray of ice - home made

A 1000 ML measuring cup & a 500 ML measuring cup - more Walmart acquired products

& a wire whisk - I already had this on hand

The Procedure

First I take the full tray of ice & dump it into the 1000 ML measuring cup.

Then add the material on top of the ice - In this run I'm using dried lavender flowers

Fill the measuring cup with cold water up to the 900-1000ML line

Mix the material with the whisk for 15-20 minutes

(Optional) - Set it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Most people have food in there fridge but this one seems to be mainly for storing mushroom cultures, seeds, pollen, & growing supplies ;\)

Pick out the ice cubes by hand
, I don't always get them all but most

Pour the mixture threw the fine siv first to collect all the plant matter & any ice cubes missed. collect the water in the 500ML measuring cup.
you might have to empty out the siv a time or two depending on how much material you use.

Next pour the mixture threw the coffee filter & back into the 1000ML to collect the water

Scrape the material off the screen with a spoon & place the hash on some cardboard

Now place the 90 micron screen in the funnel

Pour the water on the screen & into the funnel

Scape the hash off with a spoon & place it on the cardboard

Pour the water in the flask back into a measuring cup

Now place the 75 micron screen in the funnel

Pour the water in the flash back into a measuring cup

Now place the 20 micron screen in the funnel

Now that all the hash is removed from the water & is on the cardboard, chop the hash cookies up into a powder form or into little pebble size pieces.
I just realized I wrote 25 on the cardboard but it's actually a 20 Micron screen. same with the 73... it's actually a 75 micron. Stoner moment.

After 5-6 hours i chop it up again to turn it into a finer powder.

Before

After

Allow it to dry completely before storing, then smoke
it up.

#2 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

if anyone were to buy screens like these i would recommend buying a 120 to clean any final contaminates from the hash, 73 to collects the fat heads & melty hash, & a 20 to catch anything left in the water like broken heads & trichome stems

#3 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

bubble bags are easier WTF are you smoking lavender for?

#4 erb

erb

Stoner

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Good step-by-stepper :thumbsup:

i wish i had some naturally extracted cocaine - does that exist?

#5 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: biglungs
well, since i now know you can't read i'll break it down. this method is for hash heads on a budget, if i was going to do a thread on using bubblebags... i would have written that in the title of the post or sent you to my thread about it Located Here. these supplies cost $50 versus $100+ for a kit.

lavender was used because i have a cold & the lavender has antiseptic qualities. It helps clear a lot of the gunk out of my lungs which is making it easier to breathe while i'm sick.

Originally Posted By: erb
Good step-by-stepper :thumbsup:

Thanx for the support & stopping by ~TheNewGuy

#6 blueberryweed

blueberryweed

Stoner

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationI'm Not Fucking Around

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

Wow what a nice tip, will have to try this one out.

#7 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: thenewguy05
well, since i now know you can't read i'll break it down. this method is for hash heads on a budget, if i was going to do a thread on using bubblebags... i would have written that in the title of the post or sent you to my thread about it Located Here. these supplies cost $50 versus $100+ for a kit.

lavender was used because i have a cold & the lavender has antiseptic qualities. It helps clear a lot of the gunk out of my lungs which is making it easier to breathe while i'm sick.

Bitch i can read but like i said your way is ghetto step your game up buy some bubble bags or dont waste your time.step your game up. when im sick i take vitamins not smoke lavender you fucking wierdo. plus i googled it and cant find shit. and your byubble looks kinda shitty wanna try some of mine go to the clubs. you keep smoking your shitty lavender hash buddy.

#8 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

TheNewGuy, that was a great post. Very cool of you to take the time to do that for us. There's always a critic, so take the high road and don't pay attention.

Thanks very much for your contribution and patience.

I am not an Expert. I have so many posts because I ask a lot of questions.

#9 omentheduck

omentheduck

Old hand

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Locationi know were

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

awesome write up bro, and herbs are a very good thing for ailments, you don't tell medical smokers to go take a pain pill now do you?

"I look, there for I see"
Come visit me at my site!
http://sites.google....site/omenshome/

#10 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Bitch i can read but like i said your way is ghetto step your game up buy some bubble bags or dont waste your time.step your game up. when im sick i take vitamins not smoke lavender you fucking wierdo. plus i googled it and cant find shit. and your byubble looks kinda shitty wanna try some of mine go to the clubs. you keep smoking your shitty lavender hash buddy.

I see that I ruffled someones feathers a little. well this will be my last post to you as i can't be bothered by your petty belittling comments. i own a 5 gallon 8 bag kit, so my game was stepped up back in '99 when i bought one of the first 7 bag kits released to the public. the black 90 micron bag i got as soon as it was created only a few years ago, which now makes it an 8 bag kit. second, google doesn't give me my information. Bubbleman & i have had a few conversations about vaping & smoking lavender hash. he's also made hash from roses, mint, & other various herbs. don't believe me, Well See For Yourself By Clicking Here

so keep pretending you're something your not on the internet & go bother someone who would be more fun for you to play with. as i've said b4... this is my last response to you so have a great day & enjoy that link.

#11 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

to the rest of you... blueberryweed, RRog, omentheduck, Thanks for checking out this thread & encouraging words. I hope it was informative. ~TheNewGuy

#12 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

newguy, please don't let one poster do you in. Just ignore. Your post was excellent.

#13 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: thenewguy05

so keep pretending you're something your not on the internet & go bother someone who would be more fun for you to play with. as i've said b4... this is my last response to you so have a great day & enjoy that link.

something im not is a fucking punk who wants to smoke weird shit. Or are you just poor and out weed looking for an alterntive. I smoke CHRONIC, thats it, not roses lavender mint or some other shit. I live in the worlds pot capitol and smoke on the finest daily. i make hash by the ounce not little pinter ass amounts like in your post.

#14 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

Give it a rest, maybe?

#15 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

yeah RRog i don't bother with posters like that. on my home site that type of thing happens rarely & when it does, those people are dealt with. that's one of the reasons i stopped hanging around here. too much info to spread, and no time to deal with posers & trolls.

anyway... thanks for checking in, here's to you (a little bubble gum dry sift)

#16 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

WOW!!!!

I think things have cooled off on the forum recently. Props to the mods. I hope you'll continue sharing these great things, NewGuy. I really do.

#17 green girl

green girl

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

I vaped lavender for the first time at hempfest this year. Very very neat flavour! Done mint in the vape too, great taste and soooo fresh \:D Nice demo. Been contemplating making a mint only butter too.

Have you tried oregano in the screens? I keep eating all mine. Heh.

Eat your gold.
If prohibition works, we should do it to alcohol.
[oldskoolgrower] The only thing constant in life is change.

#18 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

Mint! Like mint leaves??

#19 McLovin'

McLovin'

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,543 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

very nice indeed newguy and much respects to your maturity level

#20 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

Absolutely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users