Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Apr
    Ohigho

All major media will throw progress under the bus for the sake of momentary ratings. They do not inform, they dangle lures to catch attention and feed you advertising.

View All Updates

Photo

Bubble Hash Without The Bags

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMy Underground Layer

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

For this thread I will be using lavender flowers to make hash. I have a slight cold & I'm hoping it helps clear my lungs up a bit. I've heard good things about lavender so I figured what better time to test it out.

The Supplies

What we have here is:

A fine screen siv
(not sure of micron size, estimated between 200-300 microns) & a brew-rite re-usable screen coffee filter (roughly 160 microns) - Both acquired at Walmart

Nylon & polypropylene 90, 75, & 20 micron screens
the 75 & 20 micron screens are 12" x 12" which fit perfect with the 110MM funnel. I could only find a 6" x 12" piece of 90 which is a very close fit, but I would recommend getting them all in 12" x 12" if possible - acquired at amazon.com

A 2 piece 110MM buchner funnel, 500ML flask, & stopper for the flask - also Found on Amazon.com

1 tray of ice - home made

A 1000 ML measuring cup & a 500 ML measuring cup - more Walmart acquired products

& a wire whisk - I already had this on hand

The Procedure

First I take the full tray of ice & dump it into the 1000 ML measuring cup.

Then add the material on top of the ice - In this run I'm using dried lavender flowers

Fill the measuring cup with cold water up to the 900-1000ML line

Mix the material with the whisk for 15-20 minutes

(Optional) - Set it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Most people have food in there fridge but this one seems to be mainly for storing mushroom cultures, seeds, pollen, & growing supplies ;\)

Pick out the ice cubes by hand
, I don't always get them all but most

Pour the mixture threw the fine siv first to collect all the plant matter & any ice cubes missed. collect the water in the 500ML measuring cup.
you might have to empty out the siv a time or two depending on how much material you use.

Next pour the mixture threw the coffee filter & back into the 1000ML to collect the water

Scrape the material off the screen with a spoon & place the hash on some cardboard

Now place the 90 micron screen in the funnel

Pour the water on the screen & into the funnel

Scape the hash off with a spoon & place it on the cardboard

Pour the water in the flask back into a measuring cup

Now place the 75 micron screen in the funnel

Pour the water in the flash back into a measuring cup

Now place the 20 micron screen in the funnel

Now that all the hash is removed from the water & is on the cardboard, chop the hash cookies up into a powder form or into little pebble size pieces.
I just realized I wrote 25 on the cardboard but it's actually a 20 Micron screen. same with the 73... it's actually a 75 micron. Stoner moment.

After 5-6 hours i chop it up again to turn it into a finer powder.

Before

After

Allow it to dry completely before storing, then smoke
it up.

#2 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

if anyone were to buy screens like these i would recommend buying a 120 to clean any final contaminates from the hash, 73 to collects the fat heads & melty hash, & a 20 to catch anything left in the water like broken heads & trichome stems

#3 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

bubble bags are easier WTF are you smoking lavender for?

#4 erb

erb

Stoner

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Good step-by-stepper :thumbsup:

i wish i had some naturally extracted cocaine - does that exist?

#5 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: biglungs
well, since i now know you can't read i'll break it down. this method is for hash heads on a budget, if i was going to do a thread on using bubblebags... i would have written that in the title of the post or sent you to my thread about it Located Here. these supplies cost $50 versus $100+ for a kit.

lavender was used because i have a cold & the lavender has antiseptic qualities. It helps clear a lot of the gunk out of my lungs which is making it easier to breathe while i'm sick.

Originally Posted By: erb
Good step-by-stepper :thumbsup:

Thanx for the support & stopping by ~TheNewGuy

#6 blueberryweed

blueberryweed

Stoner

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationI'm Not Fucking Around

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

Wow what a nice tip, will have to try this one out.

#7 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: thenewguy05
well, since i now know you can't read i'll break it down. this method is for hash heads on a budget, if i was going to do a thread on using bubblebags... i would have written that in the title of the post or sent you to my thread about it Located Here. these supplies cost $50 versus $100+ for a kit.

lavender was used because i have a cold & the lavender has antiseptic qualities. It helps clear a lot of the gunk out of my lungs which is making it easier to breathe while i'm sick.

Bitch i can read but like i said your way is ghetto step your game up buy some bubble bags or dont waste your time.step your game up. when im sick i take vitamins not smoke lavender you fucking wierdo. plus i googled it and cant find shit. and your byubble looks kinda shitty wanna try some of mine go to the clubs. you keep smoking your shitty lavender hash buddy.

#8 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

TheNewGuy, that was a great post. Very cool of you to take the time to do that for us. There's always a critic, so take the high road and don't pay attention.

Thanks very much for your contribution and patience.

I am not an Expert. I have so many posts because I ask a lot of questions.

#9 omentheduck

omentheduck

Old hand

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Locationi know were

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

awesome write up bro, and herbs are a very good thing for ailments, you don't tell medical smokers to go take a pain pill now do you?

"I look, there for I see"
Come visit me at my site!
http://sites.google....site/omenshome/

#10 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Bitch i can read but like i said your way is ghetto step your game up buy some bubble bags or dont waste your time.step your game up. when im sick i take vitamins not smoke lavender you fucking wierdo. plus i googled it and cant find shit. and your byubble looks kinda shitty wanna try some of mine go to the clubs. you keep smoking your shitty lavender hash buddy.

I see that I ruffled someones feathers a little. well this will be my last post to you as i can't be bothered by your petty belittling comments. i own a 5 gallon 8 bag kit, so my game was stepped up back in '99 when i bought one of the first 7 bag kits released to the public. the black 90 micron bag i got as soon as it was created only a few years ago, which now makes it an 8 bag kit. second, google doesn't give me my information. Bubbleman & i have had a few conversations about vaping & smoking lavender hash. he's also made hash from roses, mint, & other various herbs. don't believe me, Well See For Yourself By Clicking Here

so keep pretending you're something your not on the internet & go bother someone who would be more fun for you to play with. as i've said b4... this is my last response to you so have a great day & enjoy that link.

#11 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

to the rest of you... blueberryweed, RRog, omentheduck, Thanks for checking out this thread & encouraging words. I hope it was informative. ~TheNewGuy

#12 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

newguy, please don't let one poster do you in. Just ignore. Your post was excellent.

#13 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: thenewguy05

so keep pretending you're something your not on the internet & go bother someone who would be more fun for you to play with. as i've said b4... this is my last response to you so have a great day & enjoy that link.

something im not is a fucking punk who wants to smoke weird shit. Or are you just poor and out weed looking for an alterntive. I smoke CHRONIC, thats it, not roses lavender mint or some other shit. I live in the worlds pot capitol and smoke on the finest daily. i make hash by the ounce not little pinter ass amounts like in your post.

#14 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

Give it a rest, maybe?

#15 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

yeah RRog i don't bother with posters like that. on my home site that type of thing happens rarely & when it does, those people are dealt with. that's one of the reasons i stopped hanging around here. too much info to spread, and no time to deal with posers & trolls.

anyway... thanks for checking in, here's to you (a little bubble gum dry sift)

#16 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

WOW!!!!

I think things have cooled off on the forum recently. Props to the mods. I hope you'll continue sharing these great things, NewGuy. I really do.

#17 green girl

green girl

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

I vaped lavender for the first time at hempfest this year. Very very neat flavour! Done mint in the vape too, great taste and soooo fresh \:D Nice demo. Been contemplating making a mint only butter too.

Have you tried oregano in the screens? I keep eating all mine. Heh.

Eat your gold.
If prohibition works, we should do it to alcohol.
[oldskoolgrower] The only thing constant in life is change.

#18 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

Mint! Like mint leaves??

#19 McLovin'

McLovin'

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,543 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

very nice indeed newguy and much respects to your maturity level

#20 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

Absolutely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users