• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 therealstuff

therealstuff

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Does anyone know how to do this effectively? If someone could give a step-by-step that would be amazing! I have lots of vaped weed ive been saving for awhile.

#2 AdamH420

AdamH420

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

I think you'd be better off to cook with it, than make hash.
I have however heard of people doing an iso wash on vape-poo.

bong

#3 Wedge

Wedge

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationNOYB

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

Some people smoke pipe resin as well.

Member of the Organic Mafia!

Snitches end up in ditches.

#4 AdamH420

AdamH420

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I follow you there wedge.
There are undeniably cannaboids left in vape-poo.
I kinda see it like there's food in the trash can - but do I want to eat it?

bong

#5 Wedge

Wedge

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationNOYB

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: AdamH420
I kinda see it like there's food in the trash can - but do I want to eat it?

That's in line with my way of thinking as well. I have smoked pipe resin and "vape-poo". It's not a pleasant taste no matter how you do it. Though the highest I ever got from smoking was on resin. I think the lack of oxygen from coughing had a lot to do with it.
If you insist on not wasting, the best thing for the "vape-poo" is to cook with it. Personally I'd use it to distract the dogs. ;\)

Member of the Organic Mafia!

Snitches end up in ditches.

#6 RRog

RRog

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Wedge
I think the lack of oxygen from coughing had a lot to do with it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I am not an Expert. I have so many posts because I ask a lot of questions.

#7 TheElDiablo

TheElDiablo

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOn the 13th floor , upstate NY

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

You can make ISO oil with it but it does taste pretty bad , and if you vaporize for health , smoking a bunch of oil might defeat your purpose .
I first tried cooking with mine but didn't like the vaped bud flavor it left in my treats . So I tried making oil but I didn't like that either . Finally I made ISO oil and used that for my cooking and THAT has made all the difference ! Now I do all my cannabis cookery that way ; no stinking up your house of bud butter all day and best of all NO weed flavor , even with leaf !
For cooking I find 8-12 grams to be a good dose , that's 4-6 times my usual dose of average shake (from buds , not leaf) .
There's lots of oil recipes in this part of the forum , do a keyword search for ISO oil or simply check the last few pages and you should find all the info you need .

"Revolution in they minds , the children start to march"
BLACK SABBATH

#8 honezz

honezz

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

what do you do with your oil? do you let it melt in the butter? what stage does the oil come into the equation, because i made about a hit's worth of oil a while ago and it was wild, so im pretty sure brown guys made with oil would be sweet

what goes around...

#9 Big G

Big G

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregonism

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

I've done this before. Make butane honey oil. It comes out great. Its about the yield you would get out of shade & trim leaves.

Rust is a fire, and our blood oxidizes

#10 TheElDiablo

TheElDiablo

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Yeah but how does it taste ? I've only made ISO and it has a smoky/burnt taste . It's not terrible like resin but doesn't improve the flavor of a joint either . Does it have that smoky flavor if you make BHO ?
And honezz , all you have to do is melt some butter , drop/scoop your oil in there and swish it around and it will melt right in . Another advantage to this technique is that you can be sure you got all the goods out of your plant matter , whereas you could simmer in butter for 4 or 5 hours and still might not extract everything .

BLACK SABBATH

#11 Connoisseur

Connoisseur

Old hand

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

Isn't vaped herb next to worthless? Is there really enough THC in vaped herb for it to be worth your time?

if anything's worth doing, its worth doing right.. -hst

#12 TheElDiablo

TheElDiablo

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

It all depends how thoroughly your bud's been vaporized , I know with the Volcano even if you get every bit of vapor you can your herbs still retain at least 10% of their heady goodness . And at the lower temp. I prefer it's more like 20% . A recent issue of Cannabis Culture had an AskEd question about vaporizer leftovers ; he said if the herb's been ground and heated thoroughly there won't be much THC left , but there will still be CBD and CBN .
If you're not in a position to waste cannabinoids it's definitely worth saving IMO .

BLACK SABBATH

#13 Big G

Big G

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregonism

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

it honestly tastes better than if you are to cook with it it, it tastes about as good as if you did it with the same volume of ground trim leaf, which isn't half bad

Rust is a fire, and our blood oxidizes

#14 honezz

honezz

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

i think oil into butter is definetly where im headed with my next batch of oil

what goes around...

#15 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMy Underground Layer

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: TheElDiablo
You can make ISO oil with it but it does taste pretty bad , and if you vaporize for health , smoking a bunch of oil might defeat your purpose .
I first tried cooking with mine but didn't like the vaped bud flavor it left in my treats . So I tried making oil but I didn't like that either . Finally I made ISO oil and used that for my cooking and THAT has made all the difference ! Now I do all my cannabis cookery that way ; no stinking up your house of bud butter all day and best of all NO weed flavor , even with leaf !
For cooking I find 8-12 grams to be a good dose , that's 4-6 times my usual dose of average shake (from buds , not leaf) .
There's lots of oil recipes in this part of the forum , do a keyword search for ISO oil or simply check the last few pages and you should find all the info you need .

that method is dangerous. iso is methyl or wood alcohol & is not ment for injestion. if anything switch to grain alcohol or everclear. grain alcohol & everclear were ment for injestion and won't make you go blind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users