Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      06 Sep
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

I made a step, acquired a label, gained knowledge and once again the yawning chasm of another step approaches. I still have far to go. How do you win when you have a fraction of the strength of others?

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Photo

Guerilla Growers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#21 Cannadude420

Cannadude420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

Guerilla growing... that sounds like a good idea ;\)

10 footers are my best of friends.

Hashmaster-Eastern Ont. Division Associate

#22 GrandPoobah

GrandPoobah

Bongmeister

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

I just amend the soil that is there. I have found plants in the ground do better than plants in pots or bags

There is no off position on the genius switch

:leaf: Proud member of the organic mafia :leaf:

#23 bill99

bill99

Journeyman

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

-my self i try to take all my soil and addtives in,In the winter time it is easier to load and pull it on toboggans in the snow,,it would be nice to have a snowmobile

#24 junior_grower

junior_grower

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

The soil holes are taken care off all I will add this trip is worm casting and some organic food. I am concerned about hunting season opening up Aug 25 this year. I have a feeling the 15th will see a lot of archer in the field. With this in mind I have from June 1st till August 15th. So I have little choice but to pre veg for 2-3 weeks. I have used Styrofoam cups, plastic, and wax covered paper in the past. I refuse to leave littler behind and that leaves the pack out or bury option, I will not bury something that won't decompose.

#25 Paul

Paul

Old hand

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

are you using early or auto flowering strains? If not then you have no hope of finishing for aug 15th. That is when you will start flowering.

#26 jawohio

jawohio

Old hand

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Not sure if a pure Mighty Mite exists yet or not, but August 15 was chopping day for most of them..maybe 10 days later...if not, solar warrior offers a few autos ready mid to end of July if outdoors beginning of May...Hope this helps..Peace and pot

I do not grow marijuana

"the led master of disaster"

Organic Mafia

#27 omentheduck

omentheduck

Old hand

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I am going to get something good this year going out side my self, I was thinking about using some clones veged inside for a few then placed in the great outdoors.

"I look, there for I see"
Come visit me at my site!
http://sites.google....site/omenshome/

#28 junior_grower

junior_grower

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

YA right now I have some new beans I just got gifted, Low ryder, and Rudi indica all starting. I will be doing a seed run with all 3 and timing them In the hydro setup. The goal is to find the true auto's, and which one will finish in 14 hrs of day light.

#29 trichy

trichy

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

Lots of auto weed around all of a sudden. I have a Purple Widow plant that auto'd on me under 24 hours of light. It's starting to look pretty good and the freaking buds have purple parts! I'm going to dust it with a C99x Deep Chunk male and see what I get.
I also scored some Early Island Indica from Reeferman and there are some auto pheno's in there apparently but I haven't started any of them yet. Reeferman also sold me some Early Bubba Kush, so I'll be trying that too.
One thing I've noticed about the seeds I had lately is piss poor seedling vigor...really week and pathetic seedlings, so clones may be better in some cases but it ain't happening with auto flowerers.

#30 TreeBC

TreeBC

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

.... you called? lol

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963
US black civil rights leader & clergyman (1929 - 1968)

#31 backyardboogie

backyardboogie

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: trichy

One thing I've noticed about the seeds I had lately is piss poor seedling vigor...really week and pathetic seedlings, so clones may be better in some cases...

Ive been experiencing the similar issues with seeds lately. Ive been growing from seed, in the bush, for years and the last few crops have been inconsistent. Last summer I think I got two different "strains" in one bag. So i decided to take a clone and keep it in my house, sort of like a bonzai tree. It wants to grow like crazy and i trim it when it gets big. But I'm letting it grow out now so I can take clones in march when it's time to go outdoors. I figure I'll have about a 3-5 week jump on the season depending on how the clones get settled in...

#32 trichy

trichy

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

I don't know if this is true or not but I read somewhere that clones won't grow a tap root.

#33 GrandPoobah

GrandPoobah

Bongmeister

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

not true

There is no off position on the genius switch

:leaf: Proud member of the organic mafia :leaf:

#34 backyardboogie

backyardboogie

Journeyman

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

GrandPoobah is right. A clone will grow a taproot just like its mother. The theory behind a clone is that it is JUST LIKE the plant you took it from. So if your mother plant has a tap root, your clones will too.

#35 SouthernGuerilla

SouthernGuerilla

Stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I almost forgot about this place, been a little busy else where. \:D

I'm waiting for my Afghan seeds to sprout...

#36 Dr. greenthumb87

Dr. greenthumb87

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

just got done growing some afghan indoor myself. 12/12 germ. 10/12 female. beautiful nugs. only my second grow. but the more I read and the more a try the better I get.

One Love My Brothers

#37 Petey B

Petey B

Journeyman

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

going to be giving it a try this summer, and can't wait

#38 medicinal78

medicinal78

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

I hope to be this summer.

#39 Blazed Bud 420

Blazed Bud 420

Stoner

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

germinating 170, keeping 5 indoor..... hope i get a good female count out of this.

SAY NO TO DRUGS! SMOKE WEED!

'You know, sometimes it's confusing to me. All these people sittin on their high horses. Lookin' down on us for smokin a plant, growin a plant.
Well I believe in nature's laws, I just wanna be free"

#40 smokindago

smokindago

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

what is a good way to get your clones ready for outdoors?
should I leave the lights on only 18hrs or is 24 cool?
tryin to pre veg indoors..thanks

I get 2 lbs off the same wattage most use to turn on their bathroom lights..