Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enlightened1

Kratom standardized 15x dose...

Hey guys, I was just wondering what a proper dose would be with the 15x standardized kratom extract. If anyone has used this product before from iamshaman it would really be helpful. I have used kratom before in leaf form, the "Private Reserve kratom" was my choice and my ussual dose was between 7-10 grams. The dosage I am looking for is a therapeutical dose for pain relief.(wouldn't mind some euphoria either) I don't want to overdo it, but don't want to waste it either.

Please, anyone got any advice? confused.gif

Thanks.

I use kratom regularly - just plain old Bali. It helps with my arthritis pain immensely. I would start with a half a teaspoon of the 15x and see how that works for you. Thing is, I like the extracts a little too much! Those can be very, very addictive so easy does it, OK? That's why I stick with the plain old bali stuff. I got a little too carried away before with the 15X and other extracts so I stay away from them now. That can become an expensive habit. <sigh> Also, Iamshaman, though they do carry good products, is wayyy over-priced. Message me privately if you would like to know who I use.

Tallulah

I read around a bit and decided on 1.7 grams. That was quite an experience! The only downside for me is that when it starts wearing off I get nasty waves of nausea. I never puke, but it just feels uncomfortable. I have decided to save the rest for when I am out of my Percocet and can't get more in time for my next pain escapade. Percocet NEVER gives me nausea, it lifts me up then let's me down very gently. Recently my doctor precribed dilaudid(hydromorphone) 2mg for breakthrough pain. I am a little skeptical about the new script as I have heard it is very ineffective oraly.

Hmm....I've never heard of nausea when "coming off" of kratom but I know that everybody is different. Many people use kratom to wean off of percocet, vicodins, etc..., I think kratom is less harmful on the body than any kind of painkiller the docs prescribe, which are VERY hard on the liver.

You are very fortunate to live in a place where you can get prescribed cannibis. I wish I did. I lived in Southern CA for many years, trying to convince hubby to move back someday.

If you don't mind my asking, what is it you have the your doc prescribes the painkillers for?

Tallulah

I don't use the painkillers often enough to actualy get withdrawals upon ceasing. Usually I can manage with Ibuprofen 600mg(advil) using the percocet ONLY when all else fails. I never take multiple doses per day, in fact I limit my use to once or twice a week max.

As far as what I have, I have developing arthritis in my lower back as well as degenerating disks in my L-1, L-2, T-5 and T-6 regions of the spinal cord. It is excruciating when the disks start getting inflamed and can ocassionaly pinch off nerves like the sciatic nerve sending shooting pains down my leg. I hate the pain, and have tried every other aproach before using painkillers including:physical therapy, chiropractic visits, acupuncture, herbal supplements, OTC drugs, weed etc.It's just simply pain that I am not willing to live with, it destroys my quality of life and I get depressed because i am limited to what I can do.

I am not simply popping pills to get high. I understand that there are alot of people who "doctor shop" or fake prescriptions to get narcotics just so they can sell them and/or get high. This kind of behavior limits what relief a real patient in pain can get because these abusers are f*****g it up for the rest of us.

Oh well...What can we do right?

that is why i just use opium latx from me plants when i am in pain or have a migrian setting in. but holly shit, u must be carefull and have much self control! messin with endorphins will get you addictied if not very carefull. if i decide to use it recreationaly, i use once every 3-4 days mixed with some buds, as to not just obtain a pure opium high and helps reduce the chance of OD; less opium and THC speeds up ur heart rate a bit. reduce chance of addiction too. but i must admit, i most likley have a physcologial addiction already. kratom is simply ineffective and addictive any ways (to me)... but not as much as opium.

i prefer diluadid to percocet for pain relief and even recreational purposes. it doesn't have all that nasety acetomenophin in it either, so it can be a bit easier on the liver. it is very effective but percocet seems to have a longer acting effect. morphine based drugs always wears off too quickly. percocet and vicoden last much longer pain relieving effects though they aren't as strong. im sorry to hear about your back condition, sounds like a pain in the ass.

i hate to hijack the thread but i was hoping one of you could explain kratom use a bit more in detail. i'm guessing you make a tea from it correct? i know the thai locals chew a quid with fresh leaves but i hear dried leaf isn't good for this. i suffer from a heriditary, degenerative back condition known as Ankylosing Spondylitis. my joints are always inflammed or/and in pain. i don't have any insurance or money for the proper medical treatment so im always looking for relief. i normally take aleve, smoke pot and opium, and take whatever pain pills i can find (altho this is a rare occurance and take them in emergency situations where the pain is unbearable). to say the least i need a better alternative. kratom is something i'm not too familiar with. can anyone give me some info? links would be cool but i'd prefer personal experience from a fellow member. i had no idea kratom was so effective at pain management.

thanks fellas, this discussion has given me a lot to think about smile

I was on Dilauded (a liquid morphine) for several years for breakthrough pain in my own pain management. It was my favorite of all break-though meds, because unlike Endone, you can take as little as you need to take the edge off and are not stuck pith a pill or a pill fragment. You can manage your dose very well.

Unfortunately the South Australian Narcotics Authority (in violation of the law) told all the doctors in the state (by sending out letters to them) to stop prescribing it; they are so frightened of the Authority these days they they are too terrified to fight them anymore.

It left pain patients with serious swallowing problems (like those in old folks homes) in serious trouble, and nurses were so desperate to ease the horrible pain they were left in, that they gave them pulverized MS-Contin pills...which is UNGODLY dangerous to do, as they are a S*L*O*W release pill - unless you smash them into powder. YOu can kill a person with even 40mg of pulverized MS-Contin/OXY-Contin, if they do not have any tolerance or already have breathing trouble.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.