Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Do roots & stalks contain THC ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Laugh Weed

Laugh Weed

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

A "Friend" of mine told me that "You need to pull up the whole plant, roots and all. You then hang it (roots and all) upside down to dry. And that will increase the amount of THC in the buds." What are your opinions? Wouldn't that increase the amount of chlorophyll, nutrients and other undesirables, which would cause the smoke to be more harsh ?? Isn't THC formed "ON" the leaves, buds, and stems, which is how the mj plant protects itself from the sun's rays? Does THC circulate through the plant's circularoy system?

Peace,
LW

If you were here we'd smoke some from my bag. Peace :-)

#2 Halusinati

Halusinati

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

I dont think so.

#3 Heretic

Heretic

Stoner

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

This one is sooooo old, it may be the Original Pot Myth.

You're right, THC is produced on-site on the plant. It DOESN'T circulate. Don't hang the whole plant, it just brings moisture into the drying room for nothing (and may introduce mold).

Too bad THC doesn't circulate through the plant - we could get little buckets and tap them like maple trees

Oh, and be sure to tell your "friend" he's a boob.

Deus Ex Machina

#4 Wedge

Wedge

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

The only advantage I can see is the buds would dry slower, possibly contributing to a better cure. As said earlier though, watch out for mold. And what a PITA to manicure. That said there would still be no difference in the potency.

Member of the Organic Mafia!

Snitches end up in ditches.

#5 Shaughnny

Shaughnny

Organic Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:15 AM

It's funny how something like that can be spread worldwide, I agree I think that may be the original pot myth. I've heard it several times myself..lol
Shaughnny

#6 AdamH420

AdamH420

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

cut her at the base, throw away the roots. all posts above are accurate, thc doesn't flow like bud blood or something.
As to leaving them on to slow drying, I've seen it done, but I just prefer to leave all the leaf on while it dries, so long as it's not cacooning and touching everywhere

bong

#7 Sherio88

Sherio88

Stoner

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

THC stays in the little Trichomes found on the buds and small bud trim. If you have a strain that is covered with trichomes, some of your stems (that were near the buds) may have these little glands on them as well. But THC does not move around the plant and the roots definately don't have any on them.

#8 Skyline

Skyline

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

most people flush the plant of nutrients prior to harvest, if this myth were true, you'd be flushing thc aswell lol