17 replies to this topic

#1 canadianbuds

canadianbuds

Stranger

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:01 AM

anyone know m39 and how do you like it?
i've been smoking it for a few years and i always liked it.for some reasons its not realy popular.i would like to ear about your experiences with it.and how do you rank it.

thanks all.

i'm french and doing my best with grammar.so please bare with me.

#2 plateau guy

plateau guy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

My god, you LIKE M39?!!

I consider it the curse of marijuana smoker everwhere. Its just not strong enough, but the yield is so high and its so easy to grow commercials growers stick to it even though nobody raves about it.

It's considered the lowest grade of 'acceptable' pot in most circles, and is sold in quantity as "commercial grade".

#3 diggity nuggs

diggity nuggs

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOkanagan Valley British Columbia

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

Yea I grew M39 about 15yrs ago. Its not good quality but easy to grow and almost impossible to kill by screwing up, so a good beginner strain. It was just o.k. back then,better than nothing I suppose.

where in the hell is that soothing music coming from? - Marge Simpson
Hey!!!Who smoked my stash??? - Fat Freddy

#4 plateau guy

plateau guy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Damned, I just went to mount royal and ended up with m39, kripes...

Well at least I'll say they grow it better than they used to, but really its only good for mixing with booze since it won't make your head spin because it "just don't got it".

#5 Yoda

Yoda

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationin the graden sir

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

M39 LOL are we taking about china cuz thats what we call it in the ghetto here in Toronto LOL i hate that shit cuz it is commercial weed it is full of chemicals and it makes my head hurt i dont smoke it anymore did back in "HIGH" school lol when there was nothing else to smoke but now it is a different time a time where u can get seeds sent to u in the mail if u live in Canada lol it is easyer but yea dont be cheap and get a good strain of sum sort it is really worth the $
P.S I LOVE LOOKING AT WHAT I GROW EVERY DAY AND MORE THEN A COUPLES TIMES A DAY ITS LIKE I DIE AND GOOO... TO HEAVEN EVERY TIME!!!
PEACE

I smoke 2 joints before I smoke 2 joints and then I smoke 2 more!!!

#6 plateau guy

plateau guy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

Yeah so i find a new supplier who says he gets connaiseur stuff such as "friesland" and i type in it google and find out its another name for M39??

Please somebody tell me that is not true.

#7 innercityseed

innercityseed

Pot Nerd

• Members
  • 6,021 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

I love Friesland Indica...it used to be all over the place north of Seattle a few years ago, but then kinda disappeared??

also, I think "Champagne" is the same strain too...??

Proud member Organic Mafia
Oregon

#8 innercityseed

innercityseed

Pot Nerd

• Members
  • 6,021 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

PS...good growers grow good pot...that M-39 should be good stuff...-IF- the grower doesn't have their head up their ass..

Proud member Organic Mafia
Oregon

#9 pablofunk

pablofunk

Old hand

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

champagne is really good, got some a few months back when I was In Vancouver.

#10 green girl

green girl

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

I thought the 39 was for flowers in 39 days? I have them too, haven't grown these seeds out yet..

Eat your gold.
If prohibition works, we should do it to alcohol.
[oldskoolgrower] The only thing constant in life is change.

#11 Stoney McHaze

Stoney McHaze

Old hand

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationNottinyore Township, NY USA

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

Here's some links to keep you in more knowledge

http://cannagenetic....trainChoice=m39

M-39 (SSSC) Skunk #1 X Basic #5 (a northern lights)

Another random quote: Most of these people also beleive that the 39 in the name m-39 means that the plant finishes in 39 days which is total bullshit. she's no legend, she's just an old S.S.S.C. (now sensi-seeds) strain from holland in the old 80's, they had a catalog, with strains numbered from M-1 to M80..etc. This strain Nl5xSk1 was numbered M-39! Funny how this number became an legend after all!

http://www.canadians...C66A71E&Cur=CAD

http://www.yahooka.c.../89821-m39.html

http://www.weedguru....pic.php?t=19749

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

#12 green girl

green girl

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

Thanks, that really helps! I don't like NL, I'll have to make a note.

Eat your gold.
If prohibition works, we should do it to alcohol.
[oldskoolgrower] The only thing constant in life is change.

#13 LesbianRugburn

LesbianRugburn

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Yoda
M39 LOL are we taking about china cuz thats what we call it in the ghetto here in Toronto LOL i hate that shit cuz it is commercial weed it is full of chemicals and it makes my head hurt i dont smoke it anymore did back in "HIGH" school lol when there was nothing else to smoke but now it is a different time a time where u can get seeds sent to u in the mail if u live in Canada lol it is easyer but yea dont be cheap and get a good strain of sum sort it is really worth the $
P.S I LOVE LOOKING AT WHAT I GROW EVERY DAY AND MORE THEN A COUPLES TIMES A DAY ITS LIKE I DIE AND GOOO... TO HEAVEN EVERY TIME!!!
PEACE

Could'nt have said it any fukn better \:D I'm beside Tor and some fruits around here even travel down their to get it fresh off the tree!!!! \:D I always got a headache at the very top and center of my head but they say it sells and people love it :S stu fukn people!!!!! I now always make sure to ask "is it m-39"
and if someone has a m-39 lookn bud I Kringe up inside and take the smallest hits imaginable \:D OTHER than all that junk.. The buds seem to be very thick and long!!!..

#14 Aqualungs

Aqualungs

Stoner

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:56 AM

Depends on the grower, the commercial m-39 is garbage or beasters. Theres apparently 2 phenos the quicker finishing spice tasting 37 day finisher that everyone uses for commercial growing, and one pheno that smells like blueberry muffins that takes 63 days to finish. I've had the better grade M-39 and the commercial shit and the commercial stuff is garbage but not all m-39 is bad. Definitely not my fave strain at all but just putting the info out there. Commercial growers need to learn how to dry, cure and trim properly, grrr, but that will prolly never happen haha.

#15 Independence

Independence

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,750 posts
  • Location29th parallel

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

The original M39 (Friesland indica) was really good pot.
...a few years ago OG Kush was selling for $500/oz in S. Cali, and 10 seeds were going for upwards of $1000 on c-bay. Today, it seems everyone is growing OG Kush.
I suspect today's M39 and OG Kush are in the same boat -- not the original genes.

#16 Aqualungs

Aqualungs

Stoner

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Uhm Og kush is definitely not the same thing as M-39. Doesn;t compare at all in smoke report. Og is way stronger. PERIOD. Og is cheaper now because it is more readily available. The only thing that has happened to the OG like you said is that now theres so many different lineages. SFV, Fire OG, Lemon Larry OG, list goes on and on.

#17 Independence

Independence

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,750 posts
  • Location29th parallel

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

I never said they were the same strain or even similar in effects.
I said M39 found today is not the same as the M39 of yore, nor is the "OG Kush" of today the same genes people were paying a grand for a few years ago.
I haven't seen M39 advertised for a long time now.
The only "OG Kushes" I see advertised are actually OGK crossed with something else. No true OGK.

#18 always_high

always_high

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

M39! Wow! This strain has been around for quite a while, at least a good 4-5 years that i've been getting my hands on it. It's pretty standard tight buds that look decent and have almost no odor. Over all it's pretty bland! I've tried many growers versions that are usually over fertilized and even decided to experiment by growing some M39 of my own, all of which came from clones of various sources. Over all not at all impressed. Most growers will cut down at 6 weeks, i've tested a few plants, i cut down a couple at 6, 7 and 8 weeks. The plants that were left for 8 weeks had a little more weight but still the buzz was still not there! I can smoke 4-5 bong hits of the best M39 in a row to get me stoned and still leave me feeling unsatisfied. Whereas with a quality strain like Kush, 2 hits and im good!!! This is a good strain for a newbie to try out, but has very minimal medicinal effects!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users