Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Dove

just had a bowl of black tuna. After a long strech of using a vape, the feeling of resiny lips is a deja vu.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Photo

Topamax and weed

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Skitzo42087

Skitzo42087

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Location1 door down

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:46 AM

Once my friend suggested we take some anti psychotics topamax. If you know me you know theres not much i wont try so i pop 2 or 3 i cant recall the dosage anyways a little bit in im driving down the highway with my friend who is on them and it starts kicking in for some reason i cant stop thinking everything is funny after regaining my composure i notice my depth perception and motor skills are starting to deteriorate as i find it hard to maintain the proper distance while slowing needless to say its time to get off the road we pull into hq (headquarters) a billiard hall where one of our friends happens to be. this friend has some bud now i dont know if this is shwag or if this is laced with pcp or something but i think it was the topamax and regualar weed that lead to the upcoming events anyways we sneak off into the wood behind the pool hall and start doing gravity bong hits after about the third hit im an straight twisted my phone rings and i can hear and understand what the people are saying but everything they ask i have to give the exact opposite answer such as " hey are you at home?" i say "yes" knowing im in the woods and wanting to tell her where i am..next question is
'can i stop by" i say "sure" then hang up so five minutes later or what seems like 5 minutes i get a call back saying i'm not there without a viable answer i hang up its at this time when my world starts to slow down to a stop it was like my body had to reboot or if you were to pull the cord on a record player and it slowly stops except this stop took like 15 seconds and the record would be like 3 but you get what i mean as i am half conscious im thinking in my head that jesus just came back and the rapture has started haha but my friend quickly clears that up i cant tell you how cuz i don't remember next thing i know we're walking into the pool hall i sit down at a round table followed by my 2 friends who sit across from me...at this point people that arent there start coming to my left and saying a simple phrase and in my head that phrase has a 2'nd meaning (a huge meaning) but i forgot what it was after i stopped trippin(the meaning of life?) anyways this keeps happening with 4or5 different people each time they'd choose a different side to sit on anyways after i loop through about 15 times of saying some phrase i get up and pick a a poolstick and start doing this trick with a cue ball that isn't even there so after a lil bit of this(banking the cue of the far rail and catching it) i have a life Altering moment i drop to my knees and claim to know the meaning of life before flat out dropping to my chest this is about the time my ears pop and everything the universe alligns anyways the pool hall clears out after i scream about the meaning of life and i tell my friend that ive gone insane so he says we're all insane and we leave the pool hall...Morale of the story is don't mix drugs or you could have a psychotic episode and open underlying mental diseases

#2 ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Enlightened Cannabist

• Members
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationThe Fifty Americas

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

I was prescribed Topamax and they never did anything weird. Of course I don't take pharmies for fun nor try to overdose with them. And it's an anti-epileptic, also used for migraines, not an anti-psychotic.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.Robert A. Heinlein

The only impossibilities in physics is precognition and perpetual motion.

#3 Skitzo42087

Skitzo42087

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Location1 door down

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

well like i said my friend took them with me he failed to have the same kind of experience as i did And my apologies for calling it an anti psychotic. I had a female friend take them at school and for some reason she thought her hands were paper, i dont know. All i can say is i have never since taken Topamax and never experienced anything like that day. Over 50% of my friends that took it with weed had similar experiences granted they aren't epileptic and they didnt exactly figure out the meaning of life. the friend that took it with me the first time grew to like them and the day he left he had eaten 6 and got on a plane to dc i thought he was insane but this is the same guy who hit the last plateau using 75 robitussin geltabs

#4 Dios Mio

Dios Mio

Stranger

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

wow thats a crazy story. I wonder why it only affects some people

#5 Guest_ShiverSonic_*

Guest_ShiverSonic_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

What is the meaning of life?

#6 Skitzo42087

Skitzo42087

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Location1 door down

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

To live

#7 sheislegend

sheislegend

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

this happened to me. i had been on topamax 250 mg for the past 3 months. i smoked weed and at first i thought iw as in hell. thought my bf was the devil. i was spinning out of control, everything kept repeating like a flip book. then all of a sudden i thought i was in heaven with god (he had appeared in my bfs form) he was saying all kinds of things from the bible. this lasted 3 days. everyday since then (its been about 5 months) i keep having panic attacks about it because i htough i had died that night and have to keep convincing myself that this "life" is real. that shit fucks you up, don't take weed and topamax. i'm lucky i didn't die.

#8 mikeyzero(40 grit)

mikeyzero(40 grit)

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 3,015 posts
  • Locationdetroit area MI usa

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
What side effects can this medication cause?

Topiramate may cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

numbness, burning, or tingling in the hands or feet
slowed reactions
difficulty concentrating
speech problems, especially difficulty thinking of specific words
memory problems
lack of coordination
confusion
nervousness
aggressive behavior
irritability
mood swings
depression
headache
drowsiness
weakness
excessive movement
uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
uncontrollable eye movements
extreme thirst
weight loss
constipation
diarrhea
gas
heartburn
change in ability to taste food
swelling of the tongue
overgrowth of the gums
dry mouth
increased saliva
trouble swallowing
nosebleed
teary or dry eyes
back, muscle, or bone pain
missed menstrual periods
excessive menstrual bleeding
skin problems or changes in skin color
dandruff
hair loss
growth of hair in unusual places
ringing in the ears
difficulty falling or staying asleep
swelling of the hands, arms, feet, ankles, or lower legs
difficulty urinating or pain when urinating
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

blurred vision
double vision
eye pain
worsening of seizures
slow heart rate
pounding or irregular heartbeat
chest pain
trouble breathing
fast, shallow breathing
inability to respond to things around you
excessive tiredness
nausea
vomiting
stomach pain
loss of appetite
intense back or side pain
bloody, cloudy, or foul-smelling urine
constant need to urinate
fever
chills
Topiramate may cause osteoporosis (a condition in which bones can break more easily) in adults and rickets (abnormal, curved bone growth) in children. Topiramate may also slow the growth of children and may decrease the final height that children reach. Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking topiramate.

Topiramate may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.

If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].

#9 Ω DADaniel

Ω DADaniel

Journeyman

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, mixing a substance that clearly affects millions of receptors in your body with a pharmacological semi-poison. Learn something?

#10 OutOfThisLife1

OutOfThisLife1

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Will the feeling ever go away? Mine just recently happened. I have been taking 300 mg. For awhile, i smoked weed and i was on vacation at my sisters. I only remember taking a step off the bed and saying that i felt numb. My body froze i was stiff as a board. My eyes were froze open, my heart was racing, i didn't see anything but the room caving In and everything was a box. I felt like i was In the matrix, and i kept seeing crazy things like my whole life from my child hood playing and everyone smoking the weed, it's like my mind was a theatre, it said going I'n shut off mode. I thought i died. I saw a cross and i heard whispers the whole time saying God please give me a second chance. I thought God was telling me to clean up my life. My arms felt like jello and my whole body felt everywhere. I can't even explain everything because my mind was out of control. I saw people and it's like i thought we were our own Gods. That our Dads were put on this world to be our God, I'm scared to tell my family the truth of everything I remember because I feel crazy. i feel like it will never go away I feel like if I don't keep talking to someone or if I don't keep moving my body will "go I'n shut off mode." my mind feels lost. I too have to remind myself that the life I am living is real, and the people around me are real. i feel like I am still replaying what happened that day and that no matter what I am doing I am still re booting and shutting off and my mind is just separated from everything. That day I came back to concioua and everyone around me was frozen and the BREATH got knocked back into me i was trying to scream and yell but i couldn't talk but i could see everyone and finally it's like someone hit play. Then rewind. And the breath started to slowly come back. My sister said she pushed me back on the bed and I was stiff as a board. And all of a sudden I gasped for air. i couldn't remember anything. they told me i wrote on a piece of paper God gave me a second chance and I died that night. And i talked to God. I left I'n an ambulance. I know i made the mistake of smoking the weed, buy it's never happened before but i have thought hard and it almost has but that night was the night it did really bad. I can't function normally. It's all i think about, it's all I FEEL. i gave my topamax to my mom and said I don't want it no more. I'm so scared and I don't think anyone would understand unless they have been through it, so I'm asking you all that have. Please help me.. I'm scared to sleep at night.. I'm scared to do anything.. I was around weed after that and just the smell of it made my heart race and "freak out" and feel like I was "shutting down." i just want this to go away. I don't feel normal anymore, everywhere I look everything I see. Nothing feels real to me anymore.. How did you get over it?

#11 topamaxman

topamaxman

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hey I figured I would weigh in on this, I actually am doing a study for brown taking topamax and seeing the effect it has on weed. As of now it is actually supposed to kill your high. I find it interesting that you had the opposite effect.

#12 whatyacallit

whatyacallit

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about, it kills the high. are you crazy. I have had many people tell me when they dounf out I was on topamax that they wanted to pills to try to trip out. its a commone occurance if you smoke weed with it. I've only done it twice, the first time was amazing, and the second was horrible. everythign slowed down and it was like I was watching a movie of my life, but I couldnt react to anything. truthfully my friends thought I was having a seizure or something. its the trippyest thing I've done, I've never tried acid, but a friend of mine said the effects sounded similar. I too had a god like experience and thought I was dying, if it hits you hard and your not expecting it that can happen when you panic, you think your dying. I was convinved my brain was shutting down and that my brain was just a computer. I realized that what makes us alive and sentinent beings is that our brain doesnt want to shut down. it was a trippy experience, and I dont reccomend taking topamax and smoking weed together. it does have the same effect as smoking laced weed or taking acid. its crazy and scary and it leaves you feeling crazy out of control.

#13 Slowbro

Slowbro

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Topamax and weed is definitely a bad idea. I figured this out two nights ago. One of my friends at college, said she and her friend read each other's minds on it so I naturally wanted to try it. Me, her, and her boyfriend all took it and started smoking in my friend's Adam's car who didn't take any Topamax . Within the first few minutes we were all giggly and feelin' good until one song came on and I just lost it. I began to trip out. I remember my heart rate sky rocketing and my friends asking me if I was all right. They took notice that it was the song tripping me out and turned it off. I began to cool down. A short while after I noticed some of the same things kept happening over and over again. I was stuck in time. I couldn't get out. The same conversation kept happening and wouldn't stop and I was the only one who took notice and no one else could see me. I was trapped inside my own mind and thought I went psychotic. I thought I was going to be stuck like this forever so I planned to kill myself. I started tearing at my chest. Then suddenly, I heard something new. Time started to move forward again. I wasn't stuck anymore. I then proceeded to tell my friends what happened. They said I was saying some strange things and was tearing at my chest just starring at them. I told them I was going to go rest and go back to my dorm room. After I got back to my room I tried to figure out what just went out, but soon things weren't going so well again. My mind started to fade and I began chugging bottles of water. My heart was pounding like it never has before. I decided to lay down and my heart rate slowed, but soon I noticed things started repeating themselves again. I was getting stuck in time again and didn't know how to get out. I didn't want to kill myself this time though and just decided to let it play out for however long it was going to take. I'm not sure how long it lasted, but it only lasted until I felt like I had to puke. I went upstairs, tried to puke, but couldn't so I peed instead and came back downstairs and into my dorm room. This is when the really bad stuff started happening. Once I got back into my room, my heart rate spiked and the beating was irrational. I chugged another bottle of water and layed down. I got my computer out and tried to type the password to my computer in and it wasn't working. I lined up every finger with every letter and still it wasn't working. I thought something was wrong with me. I tried it over and over again. Every time I got an error. I started to notice everything around me was moving. My cell phone right next to my computer was moving and floating by itself and even typing a text without my hands. I tried grabbing it and I started texting and moving backwards. I even tried talking and my speech was backwards. At this point, my mind was going white and I was losing knowledge of everything and I mean everything. I tried typing my password into my computer a couple more times and it wasn't working. I decided to just give up and I pretty much knew I was going to die as my mind was going blank. I folded my hands and proceeded to drift off as my life flashed before my eyes. For a couple of moments, there was nothing, absolutely nothing. I died. Suddenly, everything just started flowing back. It's like I just started gaining knowledge for the first time, but it was all coming rapidly, everything I have ever learned up until I died just flashed back into me. I knew where I was. I saw my computer right in front of me still with the log in screen up. I was kind of scared to try and attempt to log in, but I did it anyway. I was successful. That's when I knew that I've gotten a second chance at life, but my trip didn't end there. That was just the high point of the night. The rest of the night was me chugging bottles of water and me running to the bathroom every 10 minutes and trying to figure out what happened. When I finally had it under control, when I closed my eyes after a while and tried to sleep when I opened them again I couldn't tell whether they were actually closed or open. I was seeing the same things for both. I eventaully turned on the light and finally fell asleep.

#14 sheislegend

sheislegend

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I now have schizophrenia from mixing the two....it has ruined my entire fucking life. So warn all your friends, if they are taking any pills don't fuck around with weed. i don't care if people say its good for cancer, its not like heroin not addictive....IT RUINS LIVES.

everyday i fight to stay alive because i don't know what is real and what is not and constantly wonder about the things i saw...if anyone wants to talk more u can email me. if you've gone through this please do. its so hard because nobody understands what it was like.

marahloveswaffles@gmail.com

#15 blue skies

blue skies

Carpal Tunnel

• Members
  • 2,475 posts
  • LocationErycinian Highland

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

personally i hate taking pills.
i chew my aspirin. lucky i like the bitter taste of it.

i get prescribed oxycodone, and only take it if i absolutely have to.

tylenol with codeine makes me sick.

pills for me are just yucky.

-blue skies

#16 Legalize420

Legalize420

Stoner

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationVan

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

To live

Lmao!

Someone asked me that when i was on shroom one time... i came up with the same answer...LOL

High

#17 Slowbro

Slowbro

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Just to report back from my post. Since I've taken topamax and smoked weed, I've been well. I mean I felt uneasy for a week or two. I couldn't shake the feeling that nothing was every going to be the same again and that nothing was real. Somehow, I did eventually snap back into reality and I'm the same person I was before that day. When I look back on it, I just see it as a mistake and is something I should never mess with again. It was literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

#18 Sticky_Icky

Sticky_Icky

Old hand

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

I now have schizophrenia from mixing the two....it has ruined my entire fucking life. So warn all your friends, if they are taking any pills don't fuck around with weed. i don't care if people say its good for cancer, its not like heroin not addictive....IT RUINS LIVES.

everyday i fight to stay alive because i don't know what is real and what is not and constantly wonder about the things i saw...if anyone wants to talk more u can email me. if you've gone through this please do. its so hard because nobody understands what it was like.

marahloveswaffles@gmail.com

You took TOPAMAX. Don't blame the cannabis.

#19 ImNotCrazy

ImNotCrazy

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

I am so glad I found this forum/thread. I thought I was the only one who had this awful "godly" experience that put me near death. My experience happened in May 2010 and I still think about it every day, it's affected my life that much. I had smoked occassionally in high school without a problem, but was never on Topamax. This incident I was on 100mg and smoked at a friends (I hadn't smoked in 5 years). I felt like I fell into another dimension and Satan had consumed me. I tried to close my eyes but that made it worse. I started screaming and freaking out. If I had a gun there, I would have killed myself. My friend who I smoked with (he wasn't on Topamax) was just high and didn't know what to do. I told my friend that the authorities would come and get my body and to tell my mother that I loved her and I made a mistake. I laid down and saw a white light at the end of a tunnel. I knew I was dying. God said to me at that moment he was so disappointed in me and that my family was praying for me. I woke up the next morning shaken up, and although my life is still mostly back to normal now, I still question sometimes if this life is real or fake. Here's my question for you guys: I've never done any other drug other than weed. Is this what it's supposed to be like? Is this the "awesome" high everyone talks about (weed or any other drug)? Because this for me was a living hell. It's made me feel cannabis should NOT be legalized: no one is aware of the drug interactions it has. It can be LETHAL. Thanks everyone else for sharing your experiences btw--I don't feel like the only one now.

#20 ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Enlightened Cannabist

• Members
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationThe Fifty Americas

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Maybe Topamax shouldn't be legal. I took topamax after an accident I never experienced anything of the sort.

It is your responsibility to understand as a reasoning adult that you should not mix substances. Pot has a history with mankind because of its interaction with our natural endocannabinoid system, we smoke pot because we make certain components in our body naturally and so our bodies respond to the boost of the components. Now you throw a synthetic pharmaceutical into the mix and it fucks you up yet you think its the pot and not the poison pills? Your comparing thousands of years of pot use up against a pill? A pill devised in a lab and approved by suits somewhere and made in a factory and not really tested honestly all that well.

And then you have the short sighted, asinine and cheap assumption that you'd not see pot legal because YOU fucked up and YOU mixed substances and YOU had a bad reaction (while I did not). So tens of thousands of human beings can continue dying in this unholy and inhuman war on drugs cause YOU had a bad reaction? Tens of thousands of people who perfectly enjoy pot can be used as a target by the police and prisons because YOU had a bad reaction? Hundreds of thousands of people who are in pain, who are sick and dying and who find relief with pot can go to hell because YOU MIXED SUBSTANCES?!

frown

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.Robert A. Heinlein

The only impossibilities in physics is precognition and perpetual motion.