• Photo
      25 Jul
    BongAkaDrew

About to attempt my first 4g run of bho :) wish me luck

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Highest THC level?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 justblaze86

justblaze86

Stranger

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

I'm having trouble finding good information on the thc level's of different strains, any information on which strains are the most potent, or a good website let me know! much appreciated.

~Blaze

#2 thenewguy05

thenewguy05

Stoner

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationMy Underground Layer

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

keep in mind that thc level dose not mean that u get a specific high. 10% can seem like 20% depending on strain.

ak47 is in the low 20's, sage is in the low-mid 20's, white rhino was around 10%. also keep in mind that not every one has access to a gas carnograph machine to pt these to the test so some companies like greenhouse are just bull-shitters

#3 Delta 9

Delta 9

Old hand

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationKr 36

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

not to mention that the strain usually doesn't matter as much as the grower. You need good genetics to grow good bud but the best genetics won't get you crap if you have someone that doesn't want to put the love into the plants.........

#4 doodles

doodles

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Locationedmonton

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:28 AM

i heard that chemo is genetically modified for that purpose. i seen some that smells and looks like schwag but even grown outdoors it put me out like nothing else.

#5 donnar

donnar

Ganja God

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • Locationritmon

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

Frankenweed?

#6 Hudsonrulez

Hudsonrulez

Ganja God

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  • Locationontario

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

no just cross breeding actually. no gm here. it all depends on a reliable seed (cause you can get a few unwanted's in a pack of 10).

To me certain strains just don't agree with certain people. I don't like sweet tooth. I've had a bad reaction to it and I don't smoke it anymore.

THC levels are nice but sometimes you just want to get stuff done for the day.

"You can't call it a war. Because it never ends"

Det.Carver

#7 FrottoTBaggins

FrottoTBaggins

Stranger

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Not sure what the THC level is on this sack, but it's put me on cloud nine & I made sure my conn. knows he did good and to keep up the good work. Cuz this S. Oregon boy is happy as "Gilmore" : ).

There's nothing like good bud, been to long and of course I sound silly, but thats a good thing as I'm "silly stoned"... yah... ahahahahah... man I love Kind. So's enuf sillyness out of me for the moment.

Puff... Puff... Pass .. M.F. ... : )

Live & Let Live.

#8 p_light420

p_light420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,315 posts
  • Location5280

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

Type of high of a particular strain is affected by the ratio of THC to CBD. Sativa strains have high THC and almost no CBD, giving the user more of a cerebral, laughy, and "up" high, good for people who got things to do. Indicas on the other hand have higher amounts of CBD, contributing to the stoned feeling, sleepyness, couchlock, and munchies. Most modern strains of marijuana have genetics from both spectrums of the cannabis family. These traits can vary from plant to plant of each strain. If you, for example, didn't like that last bag of white widow, it was more than likely a bad phenotype or grower errors, or a combination of both, not the strain itself. There's so many factors that contribute to potency and smoke-ability, it's hard to say for sure which is the highest THC content.

My personal favorite is a three way tie between Island Sweet Skunk (80% sativa), Purple Kush (mostly indica), and Durban (100% sativa). Everyone has thier own favorite.

Overgrow the Cartels!

#9 WeedWitch420.1

WeedWitch420.1

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: p_light420

My personal favorite is a three way tie between Island Sweet Skunk (80% sativa), Purple Kush (mostly indica), and Durban (100% sativa). Everyone has thier own favorite.

You know P-Light, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I really like Durban. Sativas and I normally don't get along (head-rush, feelings of extreme anxiety), but Durban was really nice. It made my face numb. Kinda like an UP alcohol buzz, from the beginning of the night, not later once you're shitty drunk. Great stuff indeed.

Wait... we are talkin' 'bout the same strain, right? Durban Poison? Shit, there are so many strains out there, I wouldn't be shocked to find there was a difference between the two!

But anyway, what I smoked was Durban Poison, and that shit rocked!

Man I'm baked, but not on Durban - on Baked Goods!
I wonder what strain of butter was in those cookies?

-*witchy*

#10 p_light420

p_light420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,315 posts
  • Location5280

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Well, Durban Poison is Duban crossed with some indica (manitoba poison maybe?) to give it a faster finish time for northern outdoor climates. The true Durban is 100% sativa from South Africa. It's a faster finishing sativa though, 9-10 weeks, while some landrace sativas can take up to 14 weeks to fully finish. The stuff I came across was indoor organic from some DeadHeads, it had the best flavor I've yet tasted. (from buds anyway, had some hashes that beat it.) Nice uplifting laughy and hyper high, that's what I like.

Overgrow the Cartels!

#11 Cannadude420

Cannadude420

Super Stoner

• Members
  • 4,083 posts
  • LocationPencil Neck Town

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Well, Durban Poison is Duban crossed with some indica (manitoba poison maybe?) to give it a faster finish time for northern outdoor climates. The true Durban is 100% sativa from South Africa.

Very true p_light. I too smoked some durban that my cousin from Pretoria sent me. It was local, high quality stativa rolled in a tublar form (kind of like dreads) on the cannabis stem. The high was floating, not couch lock as with Durban Poison (which is also great btw).

For powerful weed, AK47, White Widow, or NL #5 everytime.

Hashmaster-Eastern Ont. Division Associate

#12 CannaCompulsory!

CannaCompulsory!

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

Sativa strains have high THC and almost no CBD, giving the user more of a cerebral, laughy, and "up" high, good for people who got things to do. Indicas on the other hand have higher amounts of CBD, contributing to the stoned feeling, sleepyness, couchlock, and munchies.

True about the CBD levels opposing THC levels. HOWEVER, in a recent edition of hight times(i think), They claim that even INDICAS can have a "up-high" if harvested before most of the hairs turn brown. They claim that at this point in flowering, the plant contains mostly pure THC. When MOST of the hairs turn dark, this is when CBD levels RISE and pure THC levels drop
Conversely, they claim if you let a Sativa go until all hairs are broun, it will have high CBD levels, and will be almost indistinguishable(with regards to the high) from Indicas!

Anyway, it's almost impossible to find 'the highest levels' because all the companies claim they have "the bomb".
However, the newer hybrids usually have THE POTENTIAL for highest THC levels. For example Opium hybrid by paradise.

ADIDAS:All Day I Dream About Sativas.

#13 WeedWitch420.1

WeedWitch420.1

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Duckhead
 Quote:
I wonder what strain of butter was in those cookies?

Master Kush !!!!!

That was some frosty ass trim that went into that butter. The Mrs has had to cut back to 1/2 a cookie due to the strength of this batch.

I'll get you some more next week.

Master Kush = Holy SHIT!

No wonder I've been so fuckered the past couple of nights, hahahahahahaha. WAY better relief than those lousy opioid "pain-killers" the doctor prescribed for my knee. THANKS, Doctor Duckhead!

And to quote Lucy, they're "so tasty too - just like candy!"

Hmmmmmm... maybe THC was the secret ingredient in VitaVetaVegimine

-*witchy*

#14 donnar

donnar

Ganja God

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • Locationritmon

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

No shit . But there is no one "best weed" of course. As has been said, each crop depends on phenotype and care in growing. And how it interacts with your own body's chemistry. And what effect you're looking for at the time. And the taste. Hell, it's all good. Some's just better.

#15 rocsolid420

rocsolid420

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

dr. grinspoon or pineapple chunk both have 25% thc.

dr. grinspoon if u dnt kno is an old weed which has ties to ancient china and doesnt even look like your normal weed when on the plant. the buds look like little blubs not buds if u didnt kno what it looks like then u could walk by it and u would never kno its weed.

pineapple chunk is cheese and skunk#1 mixed and in hich case they r the two highest thc levls in bud that i have ever smoked

#16 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

dr. grinspoon or pineapple chunk both have 25% thc.

dr. grinspoon if u dnt kno is an old weed which has ties to ancient china and doesnt even look like your normal weed when on the plant. the buds look like little blubs not buds if u didnt kno what it looks like then u could walk by it and u would never kno its weed.

pineapple chunk is cheese and skunk#1 mixed and in hich case they r the two highest thc levls in bud that i have ever smoked

they dont just have that %thc naturally they have to be grown great too. my friends afgooey was just LAB TESTED to have 25.3%THC from here