Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Jul
    the_dank_one

nothing pisses me off more to come by and see all my pics have been removed and the threads look like shit now..pointless

• Photo
      10 Jul
    ΘℏΙℊℏο ☞

Happy Oil Day! Happy birthday to Tesla, Busch and Orff and me!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Photo

Removing resin from hands after clipping/smoking.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GrowDan

GrowDan

Old hand

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • LocationSouth America (Retired Gringo)

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:05 AM

Removing resin from hands after clipping and/or smoking?

Whats the best way to get it off?

Thanks

GrowDan

I respect anyone who grows their own.

#2 jetski

jetski

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

i rub my fingers together first to get off what i can to keep for smoking then i use alcohol gel, the stuff for disinfecting your hands without water. the alcohol will disolve it then rinse it off with water. i think some people call it rubbing alcohol, i dont know

#3 Halusinati

Halusinati

Old hand

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

I'd use iso alcohol in a bowl. after what jetski says.

#4 wohlandr

wohlandr

Old hand

• Members
  • 737 posts
  • Locationvancouver island

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

i like to use surgical gloves and when there coated i turn them inside out and throw them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
then turn them righr side out and the resin peels right off without your hands getting dirty.
wohlandr

#5 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts
  • Locationwell padded cell ( VANCOUVER)

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:53 PM

anything alcohol is best.

if you wanna save the resin, i agree with using a bowl of iso, you can re-use it a ton of times and then evap it to have some wicked hash oil.

if you just wanna clean your hands, definitely use the hand gel.

and if you are using gloves, PLEASE use powder free non-latex gloves. if you use latex it can cause allergy problems for those that smoke the buds ( if they are latex sensitive), and i reccomend the non powdered gloves because the powder is usually corn starch, and you dont want to smoke that in your hash or buds.

otherwise you have the best answers you could ask for.

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.

#6 Green Bastard

Green Bastard

Old Green Thumb

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:53 PM

The powder is on the inside of the non latex gloves that I use. I use the non Latex , not for the allergy issue , but for the non stretch factor. I tried the latex gloves once , but as they get sticky , the stretch is infuriating!! The PVC gloves have no stretch , making the whole process much easier , and easier to just rub the resin right off.

If you use Alcohol to clean fingers and scissors , use the 99% Isopropyl , not the 70% Rubbing.

3+,the new 2+
Anything I say is pure fiction.I don't grow pot.All pics posted are from the internet.
All advice is intended for licensed legal medical growers only!

#7 rauch_kultur_pur

rauch_kultur_pur

Stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

There's finally a good product out there for this purpose. Check out mrs green thumbs harvest soap, thrive botanicals makes it in Colorado. This stuff works great, even if you have fingers black from resin. Takes care of the smell too!

#8 Big Lungs

Big Lungs

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationDABBIN

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

hand sanitizer with a tbsp of salt and its all gone

#9 trimcricket

trimcricket

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

In my experience, Using the Nitrile (non latex)gloves is a big plus not only because of the allergy issues, but also because the material gives the resin right up, which is great for finger hash. If you pass it around between 3-4 trimmers, you'll have a nice lil rock by the end. And I certainly agree with using the 99% alcohol..really makes a difference.

Peace!

#10 Green Bastard

Green Bastard

Old Green Thumb

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

I tried some Nitrile gloves, that I got from my tattoo artist. They still had way too much stretch in them.

3+,the new 2+
Anything I say is pure fiction.I don't grow pot.All pics posted are from the internet.
All advice is intended for licensed legal medical growers only!

#11 trimcricket

trimcricket

Stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Good point. I have rather large hands, which kinda helps the gloves not be so loose and stretchy, but to each their own smile