Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Cheapest Grow Ever Grow Log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#81 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:16 AM

Probably not what you had in mind, but it should still let more light through.

LOL

I just folded the blades of the leaves under one another and tied them in place. Then i just pulled the branch off to the side.

#82 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

Yeah my gnats came from the soil.

I'm gonna take those spikes out in like 2 weeks. Just wanted to make sure it had enough N for the flowering growth spurt.

#83 rasta

rasta

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

dude i like that idea of just foloding the leaves up like that
good idea. it looks nice now bring on the buds

~~~Rasta~~~

#84 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

that is good also, but try attaching the string to the actual branch that shoots out between the main stalk and the stem of the fan leaf. Pull the branch itself out to the side of the plant so that it gets more light. Pulling the fan leaves asid will get more light to the branches, but pulling the branches away from the main stalk will give them opportunity to grow upward to the top while being far enough to the side to get full sun, just like the main cola.

You don't want to fold up the fan leaves, they produce the sugars that produce the buds.

#85 Riddance

Riddance

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, the gnats live in the soil thats why diatomaceous earth is so helpful when it is completely covering the soil. They have nowhere to live. Also try not to water unless the top soil is completely dry,

Passing the time trying to figure out how to pass the time without trying to forget how time passes.

#86 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for the info.

I let the soil dry out real well before I watered this last time. I've barely seen any gnats for the past few days. I really hope they're gone.

#87 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

Went ahead and untied those fan leaves. I'm also going to take out those spikes tomorrow.

#88 bayareabud

bayareabud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:41 AM

Looking good man!! We should both have our selfs a little bud around the same time ! You should have a couple nice little buds by now eh?

#89 Earl

Earl

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

I know your strapped for cash and these are kinda pricey but they work good for me and i thought maybe next grow you might want to try this method of training.

The hook with the weight on it are kinda pricey and you could probably use cheaper hooks and the lead weight. The 2 oz lead weight I get at walmart and they are pretty cheap.

Once you attatch the weight to the hook then just hang it where you want it.

it is kinda hard to see the hook in this picture

#90 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:26 PM

I like the idea of "weight training" my plant.

#91 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

It's just now starting to show sex and it's a male.

#92 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Here he is in his final days before I take him down.

I fail horribly at macro shots or I would have taken some pics of the flowers. Bunch of little ball clusters with no hairs.

I'm still happy with the way it turned out despite it being a male. At least now I have a little more experience for my next grow.

Thanks to all of you for your help!

#93 Ekras

Ekras

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

Well congratz on getting him all grown up! Just grab some seeds from your next bag - i'd suggest doing 6 at a time minimum to ensure at least one is male.... if all you want is one, than just grow them till they sex and keep the healthiest female.

#94 Tongo Nation

Tongo Nation

Stoner

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

Sorry man, always sucks when something doesn't go right(male).

The Land of Free? Whoever told you that is your enemy.

#95 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:55 AM

Hey, you made a pot plant though. Chop it down, plant some seeds, and back on that fucking horse.

#96 mythikle

mythikle

Stoner

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

aaaaawwwww hard luck dude ,
cool grow all the same ,hopefully ill see you here again soon

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so thats how it comes out.

#97 budtoker421

budtoker421

Journeyman

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

between work growing and sleep im all puckard out lately, and im sad now seeing u had a baby boy im smokin one right now for ya....all the stress of learning mighta cuased it to go male but hell it was experience, u ever seen the longest yard? with adam sandler, anyway he said something exactly like my football coach did, take the team out to a shitty team that they can kick there ass and make em feel like they are winners boost their esteem and ur good....kinda the same thing ur first plant bro just give it a beating see what in general it can take and now head onto the field and kick some mary jane ass! haha well i still have those lights bro just lemme know and thanks for all the kind words from everyone, even if this karma doesnt come around, ive done alot of nice things for people and ive done some bad things, ive earned everything i have and ive learned from my mistakes, im much happier helping or being helped, and it really is rewarding in alot of ways, well hey i also have 22$ on a paypal account if it can help ya in any way just lemme know and ill buy and ship whatever 22$ can get ya, wether it be some rockwool nutes mylar etc but yea im sorry ya had a baby boy, once i get a decent stock of seeds going from some nice stuff GT101 was kind enough to send me ill start sending some ur way, have any new ideas ur wanting to try out? i have a few if u want to discuss em here or? id love to have a friendly grow off with ya im using 5 cfls MG soil some mylar a fan and some low strength flora nutes, mainly i wanna see what we both yield and why and double our learning that way...anyway glad i saw this post again i was like wow! be easy bro

edit: btw nice trio colas that was pretty sick, becuase of how my lights are setup 360 degrees up and down im good witout fim so i never thought id have a use for it...hmm
man have u seen the last cannabis cup winners stock? almost all of his he sucessfuly made 4 colas it was really really beautiful

~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
make it a great day or not the choice is urs

One love, True love, Tree love
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

#98 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

Really appreciate the offer, but I should be able to get everything I need from Wal-Mart real soon.

I'll definately take you up on your seed offer though. I'm running low on seeds and I don't have any connections anymore. I actually haven't smoked in months. I can only imagine how stoned I'll get when I get my first successful harvest! I have 1 Dutch Passion White Widow seed that I'm saving until I get growing down. I've got a few bag seeds also that I've saved. Once I get seeds of my own I'll definately be sharing them!!

The only thing I plan on doing different next time is using the right nutes for veg and flower instead of using an all purpose fert. I may end up doing some other wacky stuff to train my plant too. We'll see. Send me a PM anytime if you want to compare notes.

#99 syn.Assimilator

syn.Assimilator

Journeyman

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

I definately will. Appreciate all your insight.

#100 rasta

rasta

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

ooooo i been out of the scene that sux bro. u should do 3 next time. more chances of a girl

~~~Rasta~~~