Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

How Can I Keep My Plants Short

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Samtaro

Samtaro

Stranger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

Hello everyone. I know how to trim but how can i do this and keep my plant really small but still yield a good amount?

Im growing in a fenced in backyard and they cant be too big.

Thanks
Samtaro

#2 low2grow

low2grow

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

I like to bend the branches to the side instead of cutting them where there is leaf a new shoot will come out and that mean more bud try it I do not do it to keep the plant low but just to get a nicer harvest it is kinda like side growing there is a post on here about that i am in the process of treing that but have not yet buded it

paradise is boring

#3 bmck420

bmck420

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

It's really easy, tie the plants down so that they grow on there side, when the buds form the grow up, but the plants stays low to the ground.

#4 sweetpea

sweetpea

Old hand

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

Try searching "Fimming". Instead of one cola, by fimming you end up with several. This keeps the plants shorter. Peace.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

#5 Bushmaster69

Bushmaster69

BrainGames

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:47 AM

Just train the plants to grow along the fence about two feet off the ground. You can buy a roll of garden ties or use twine (hemp twine supports the hemp industry) You'll get dozens of mini colas.

#6 Samtaro

Samtaro

Stranger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

See the thing is is that i live in a town house community. I have a fence but my neighbors fence is right next to me. I grew a big plant in the same area about 2 years ago and it flourished , ending up to be about 3 ft tall in the end. I didnt get caught im just paranoid like shit now.

I know about tying, FIM , and training but i think if someone was standing on a hill overlooking my fence , it would draw attention to it.

Im gonna FIM and tie with fish line but is there some way i can train it as the above user mentioned that wouldnt be noticable?

Thanks for your time and keep with the cause.

#7 Bushmaster69

Bushmaster69

BrainGames

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Aside from topping and tying it down, you can use a gardening technic called companion planting. Thats where you plant other plants, grasses and flowers around your cannabis. The idea being to draw attention away from yer plant with colors, texture and ground cover.

You want to create a landscape where yer plant is NOT the center but near the edges but also in the background so as not to stand out.

If you check out some landscapes you'll note the idea is to create an image of plant life with no one plant drawing particular attention.

#8 trichy

trichy

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

You might try disguising it with plastic flowers.