Shoutbox

Resize Shouts Area

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

butane grades.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 skitzo420

skitzo420

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

i need an answer pretty quick on this one.

for four twenty i was going to bring my honey bee extractor to a friends and make some oil using colibri like i always do. well he is a chef at a 4 star restaurant and suggested using food grade butane.....now would this work? would it be better? worse? and does it come in a can like colibri, so that i can spray it through the honey bee extractor?

The philosopher has never killed any priests whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers

#2 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:22 PM

if its used for the litte portable gas burners i would say dont use it.

food grade.... well it never enters the food, it strictly heats the pan etc. unless its the stuff they use for doing flambe's etc. then it comes directly in contact.

bring the colibri, and do a evap test. who knows, maybe you just opened us up to a cheaper and easier way to find clean butane.

and this way your friends can see that you know your shit when you do it. get back to us and let us know how it went.

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.

#3 skitzo420

skitzo420

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

for sure. i will.

The philosopher has never killed any priests whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers

#4 mainekind420

mainekind420

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

I think this came up in another thread. As far as I know, it won't be in cans, so the toughest part will be making a fitting work from the butane container (assuming it's not a can) into the honey bee. EDIT I found portable stove cans of butane from Vector, so I was wrong. Might be pretty straight foward, find out who makes the butane. /EDIT I am curious as well about the purity of the "food-grade" ... we never got an answer in the other thread. Colibri is expensive where I'm from, we use Vector ... 12 pack for $45 on Ebay (I know it's hard to find some places)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

We are nothing but the sum of our experience.

#5 silverhaze303

silverhaze303

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

yeah i work at a hotel and we use vector all the time. we have cases and cases of it. but i never did try to use that stuff b/c it has a odor added in it so u can tell if the butane stove is leaking or not.

#6 skitzo420

skitzo420

Pot Head

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

i went but he didnt have the butane, i brought some colibri, but we never ended up making any oil....oh well.

#7 cpl cannabis

cpl cannabis

Stoner

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:12 PM

it is possible to get high grade butane...gas supply..used for silver and gold...very pure ...need regultor to lower pressure...EASY ...YOU MAKE THINGS OUT OF SILVER...YES???

TRY IT ...YOU MIGHT LIKE IT

Attached Thumbnails

• 1388900-PICT01832.jpg

Keep it green spread the word,THE 101ST CANNABIS BRIGADE LIVES cpl cannabis aka Guppy

#8 CAUSTIC

CAUSTIC

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

yeah but for a honeybee extractor thats a bit overkill.

yeah, if you were to build a home-made extraction setup you could get bulk "N-butane" for cheap from a gas supply shop or a welding supply shop.

i would only suggest this method if you are experienced with stainless steel fabrication, gas plumbing, and pressure regulator fitting etc.

now i crave trade school....lol

i was so looking foreward to hearing your response from that night. its a bummer we never found out.

as for the cases of vector butane for the stoves, i wonder who the supplier was and what their minimum order would be to get a great price on vector by the case.

Cannabis Culture and the Freedom Tour are out there educating people on how to fight for their rights and freedoms. Check out CC's activism threads and http://www.freedomtour.ca to find the tools to enforce your rights!

I RESPECT THE LAW, JUST NOT THE ASSHOLES THAT MAKE 'EM

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A "DEMOCIDAL" WAR. LOOK IT UP.

#9 mainekind420

mainekind420

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:29 AM

I found stove cans on Vector's site ... I would bet most supply companys for restaurants would be able to order them. Vector's site says most Williams Sonoma stores carry them. They also have a locator on the site. No idea on cost.

We are nothing but the sum of our experience.